Pixel 3aXL, wife S10
    Carrier(s)
    T-M
    Feedback Score

"Global Pass" v. "Data Pass" features

From TM CS:
    ===

Hi Mike,

Thank you for reaching out to T-Mobile Care. I would be more than happy to go over the feature details that are included with the data pass recently added. Below I have listed the features that come included with an international data pass and global plus feature. Please advise which feature best fit your request, we’d be more than happy to make the change.

International Roaming Data Pass-$50- 15GB(International data roaming global passes provide an international high-speed data connection and unlimited voice calling for countries listed in the Simple Global Country List. Available in 512MB, 5GB, and 15GB allotments):

High-speed data while roaming outside North America* (choose data allotment below)
    Unlimited $0 calling from Simple Global to Simple Global countries (including the U.S. and Puerto Rico)
    Includes Smartphone Mobile Hotspot access up to data pass allotment.
    ===
    Global Plus 15 GB feature-$50 (provides extra travelling benefits on top of what you're already getting when you have a Magenta or T-Mobile ONE plan).
    15GB high-speed data while roaming in Simple Global countries
    5GB high-speed, international tethering in Simple Global countries
    5GB high-speed data while roaming in Canada and Mexico
    Unlimited texting and calling at $0.00 per minute in and between 210+ countries and destinations
    Stateside International Talk and Text
    Unlimited 4G LTE Smartphone Mobile Hotspot in the U.S.
    Unlimited HD video streaming (must be activated via T-Mobile app or My T-Mobile) domestic and abroad in 210+ countries and destinations
    Gogo in-flight all flight long (unlimited flights/sessions) Gogo-enabled domestic flights
    Name ID & Voicemail to Text

If you have any further questions or concerns please don’t hesitate to reach out.
    ===
    ===
    Unless I am missing something, "Global Pass" doesn't offer intl. tethering like "Data Pass" when overseas. Global does offer international calling from the US. We use Google voice for that. Both offer, it appears, international calling for free when overseas.
    GoogleVoice (domestic call forwarding and cheap intl. calls) Use GV to give us a "home" number in a 2nd location
    8 T-Mobile lines - Unlimited talk and text, data. TM One plan. Get $10/mo. rebate on 7 lines for low data use. Net cost about $185-190/mo. We haven't had a landline in more than 17 years.

Feedback Score
    Apparently, the "International Roaming Data Pass-$50" is attached as an enhancement to your plan, starting and ending with the normal billing month.

This means that if you go on a trip and want to use one of these passes, and your billing cycle turns over in the middle of your vacation, you need to spend $100... or so I was told.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NotABiot View Post
    Apparently, the "International Roaming Data Pass-$50" is attached as an enhancement to your plan, starting and ending with the normal billing month.

This means that if you go on a trip and want to use one of these passes, and your billing cycle turns over in the middle of your vacation, you need to spend $100... or so I was told.
    To me, it seems as if it is for 30 days, not defined by a billing cycle. Here's a cut & paste from my account:

"Includes up to 15GB of high-speed data, including Mobile Hotspot, PLUS unlimited calling for up to 30 days in over 210 destinations. Speeds & coverage vary based on device and country. Note: Once you use all your high-speed data, you will continue to have unlimited calling and data for the full 30 days but may experience slower data speeds. If you use all your high-speed data and purchase a NEW pass before the expiration of the first one, your second pass will begin immediately. Your original pass and any remaining benefits will expire when you activate the new pass."

I suppose it could go either way since the wording is somewhat vague with the "UP To 30 Days" phrase, but then it does say you'll have unlimited calling and data for the full 30 days.

Device(s)
    Samung S9 Plus Factory unlocked OnePlus 6T Galaxy tab A GSM
    Carrier(s)
    TMOBILE USA ,ORANGE SPAIN
    Feedback Score

Used it last month 50.00 for 30 days no matter when u start it it will just expire from the date u activated it hope this helps

Feedback Score
    That sounds great. I taled to two different people at T-Mobile and they told me specifically that it was tied to a the billing cycle, and was not based on when you invoke the plan.

Of course I want to have it the way you two describe it above

Feedback Score
    I'm glad we have a comment from someone who has firsthand knowledge. Thank you, Harleyman1450. It really doesn't make sense to have it be for a billing cycle unless it were to be prorated though. Imagine only having a few days until your billing ends and being charged the full fare for that short of a period.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by daleraver View Post
    I'm glad we have a comment from someone who has firsthand knowledge. Thank you, Harleyman1450. It really doesn't make sense to have it be for a billing cycle unless it were to be prorated though. Imagine only having a few days until your billing ends and being charged the full fare for that short of a period.
    That's exactly what I figured we would have to do

Device(s)
    Samung S9 Plus Factory unlocked OnePlus 6T Galaxy tab A GSM
    Carrier(s)
    TMOBILE USA ,ORANGE SPAIN
    Feedback Score
    That's exactly what I figured we would have to do

no problem when u go to the online account and activate the pass you get to choose the start date it could be immediately or your choosing and with T mobile comment (its tied to you billing cycle ) i have no idea what t mobile is talking about. When ever you activate it you will be charged in your next bill common sense 50.00 and around 2.00 in tax not bad compared to my former carrier ATT that charges 10.00 a day plus taxes and admin fees that shot the fee to 14.00 a day X 30 days i got destroyed on my last business trip to Europe