Feedback Score

Finding North American iPhone

My nephew is having a heck of a time finding a North American model iPhone 7. We've bought a couple of different ones off eBay. This last one they listed the MPN as MN8G2LLA on the eBay listing page, but instead what he got was an MNCE2JA. The first one I think was a KH, although I'm not sure if the listing actually listed anything different (this is before we knew there was different regions of iPhone).

He's looking to get rid of the annoying shutter sound. He uses snapchat or something. I really don't know what teenagers use these days. But I do agree that the camera shutter sound is annoying.

My question, is there a way to identify the MPN of an iPhone from the exterior? I don't trust any of these eBay (or any other market place) to actually know what they are talking about. They appear to just put an MPN down whether it is that or not. How is one suppose to know that they aren't getting an Asian market iPhone?

Feedback Score
    be best to just go your nearest apple store to get the phone.

Feedback Score
    Why not just put the phone in silent mode with the side switch? It kills the shutter sound.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    be best to just go your nearest apple store to get the phone.
    Well... nearest Apple store is over 100 miles away. Wait? You mean we don't all live in a Apple city?

Plus... What's iPhone at an Apple store going to cost? Bet it's going to be more than what a refurbed one on eBay sells for.

Quote Originally Posted by daleraver View Post
    Why not just put the phone in silent mode with the side switch? It kills the shutter sound.
    Not the Japanese or Asian models. That's why I'm looking for one with LL in the MPN. If it's got a J or KH, then you can't silence the camera shutter sound (it's a law in Japan or Korea or some places over there).

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    If you want to know what the phone costs from Apple, go to their internet sales site. That is the only guarantee that you will get the model that your are looking for. Don't rely on eBay seller's listings as they can say whatever they want to unless the seller has excellent reputation reviews/comments and you are comfortable doing so.
    Don't make me turn this car around.....

Feedback Score

Finding North American iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by charlesfinley View Post
    I don't trust any of these eBay (or any other market place) to actually know what they are talking about. They appear to just put an MPN down whether it is that or not. How is one suppose to know that they aren't getting an Asian market iPhone?
    eBay autofills the model number based on the template you choose, hence is sometimes wrong.

Swappa is supposed to be really great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carrier
    VZW - Work / T-Mobile (iPhone)
    Feedback Score
    Find one that was sold for Verizon. That will ensure it has the Qualcomm modem (so will work on all 4 US carriers) and will be a North American model.

Just make sure it’s not from Verizon Prepaid (or is listed as unlocked if it was as only the prepaid Verizon devices are locked).

You’ll also likely have a better result in this regard if you buy from a private party with a single phone listing than a refurbished phone dealer.