Thread: How long to port out?

Feedback Score

How long to port out?

Is there a general guideline as to how long it takes to port out from Cricket? I am going to be porting out of Cricket into Xfinity Mobile and was just curious how long that process usually takes?

Thanks,

-Guru

Feedback Score
    I ported my grandmother to Tracfone last December and it was immediate.

Feedback Score
    Ime 95% chance less than 18hrs. And 80% chance less than 3hrs. Assuming all info correct & during business hrs.
    If my actions include deeds of philanthropy in charity and acts of loving kindness I am living in my Faith.

Red Pocket (AT&T) $192yr UTnT 5GB exp 08.08.19
    Red Pocket (AT&T) $184.50yr UTnT 1GB exp 02.19.20
    T-Mo Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.16.20
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 10.05.19

Feedback Score
    Once I do port out of Cricket do I need to to call and cancel my service at all? I'm on autopay so just curious if I need to cancel that or anything else?

-Guru

Feedback Score
    I recently ported from Cricket to Tmobile prepaid, and so did my friend. We had two different experiences.

My port was almost "instant", everything was up and running within an hour or two. My friend's took much longer; texts were MIA until roughly 36 hours after porting.
    You do not need to touch your cricket account after initiating the port process on another carrier. Porting your number to another carrier automatically cancels your existing carrier.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by h20534 View Post
    I recently ported from Cricket to Tmobile prepaid, and so did my friend. We had two different experiences.

My port was almost "instant", everything was up and running within an hour or two. My friend's took much longer; texts were MIA until roughly 36 hours after porting.
    You do not need to touch your cricket account after initiating the port process on another carrier. Porting your number to another carrier automatically cancels your existing carrier.
    If the number was originally a 'landline' or non-mobile, it can take longer even if moving from mobile to mobile carrier later.

Device(s)
    Iphone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ListedGuru View Post
    Is there a general guideline as to how long it takes to port out from Cricket? I am going to be porting out of Cricket into Xfinity Mobile and was just curious how long that process usually takes?

Thanks,

-Guru
    Just some general advice about porting. Make sure you know and understand what your account number is for your existing account. Some MNVO's keep this somewhat obtuse if you don't know what to look for. Example: some use your phone's IMEI number as your account number. If you enter the wrong number you can get caught in porting hell.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by monoparadox View Post
    Just some general advice about porting. Make sure you know and understand what your account number is for your existing account. Some MNVO's keep this somewhat obtuse if you don't know what to look for. Example: some use your phone's IMEI number as your account number. If you enter the wrong number you can get caught in porting hell.
    I was told for Cricket that I need my phone#, account# and PIN# to port out of Cricket. I logged into my acct and obtained all the required info so hopefully my port out goes smoothly. I ran into my own porting hell issue with a google voice number awhile back and that was a mess.

Hoping the port goes smooth

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    I just ported 4 lines from Cricket to Family Mobile. I did it online but to speed it up I just called to have the CS agent force it. I guess what happens is the port request goes into a queue and Cricket has to “release” the number. This takes a while unless you call and they manually complete the port. Here is a good article on how the whole process works:

https://numberportability.com/about-us/how-lnp-works/

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by glowblue View Post
    I just ported 4 lines from Cricket to Family Mobile. I did it online but to speed it up I just called to have the CS agent force it. I guess what happens is the port request goes into a queue and Cricket has to “release” the number. This takes a while unless you call and they manually complete the port. Here is a good article on how the whole process works:

https://numberportability.com/about-us/how-lnp-works/
    If you have Account #, PIN and phone number it's pretty much automatic. I did it on Christmas eve around 5pm to Tracfone and calls worked within 2 minutes.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by energyx View Post
    If you have Account #, PIN and phone number it's pretty much automatic. I did it on Christmas eve around 5pm to Tracfone and calls worked within 2 minutes.
    I had all the correct data for my Cricket account - the system just was slow to process. Could be an issue with either carrier in how they process the port. I ported into ATT from Family Mobile and when I called ATT each time they had to manually call Family Mobile and verify my account and make a test call to verify the line is active. I think it’s to avoid SIM swap scams.

Wasn’t too bad ATT processed the ports almost instantaneous.

Device(s)
    HTC Touch
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ListedGuru View Post

Thanks,

-Guru
    I ported 2 lines from cricket to Xfinity last month in the Xfinity store. It took less then 10 minutes.
    Make sure you have your cricket account number and pin.