Device(s)
    BlackBerry Key2
    Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

A Little Help?

So my partner wants to switch to this Big Gig 15GB + Talk plan and the couple of places she has been to so far want her to include an iPhone XR, she doesn't want an iPhone as she's not a fan of iOS. So she's narrowed it down to 3 devices she'd like the looks of.

She's not particularly a heavy user, mostly using her phone for calls, texting, occasional photography, and Instagram (she's switching mostly due to 2GB 'Nationwide' LTE and unlimited calling). Her priorities are reasonable screen quality, memory, storage and, ease of use. The 3 she's narrowed it down to are:

Galaxy 10e;
    Galaxy 9;
    Galaxy A70

Based on her needs and your opinion on these 3 devices only, what would you recommend? Me, I'm staying well clear of this one for the sake of the marriage!

Thanks in advance

P.S. I've posted this on Android and Samsung forums in the last couple of weeks and the only responses I've had are in the lines of "Are you effing nuts, this is the device she wants..." or "What awful devices, does she know anything about...." Please don't be those people.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    So here's my take as I'm going through the exact same situation with my wife lol. im still trying to get her on an XR, she's currently on the Pixel 2. I have the XR btw. A lot are probably going to be critical of me saying this, but to me this is the BEST phone apple has released.

Galaxy 10e ... much like the XR the lighter version. BUT! has flagship specs similar to the S10 in terms of processor but not as good of screen as the S10/S10+ good battery though... Screen is not curved and i think that's a plus for people who drop their phones often because curved screens have the WORST screen protectors available to them.

Galaxy S9, yesterday's Galaxy... i've tested this phone at work and honestly not much of an upgrade from the S8 i would pick the S10e over this anytime.

Galaxy A70 mid tier phone with a HUGE screen, if she doesn't require much power but wants the realstate, then this is it.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Key2
    Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by neil.hernandez View Post
    So here's my take as I'm going through the exact same situation with my wife lol. im still trying to get her on an XR, she's currently on the Pixel 2. I have the XR btw. A lot are probably going to be critical of me saying this, but to me this is the BEST phone apple has released.

Galaxy 10e ... much like the XR the lighter version. BUT! has flagship specs similar to the S10 in terms of processor but not as good of screen as the S10/S10+ good battery though... Screen is not curved and i think that's a plus for people who drop their phones often because curved screens have the WORST screen protectors available to them.

Galaxy S9, yesterday's Galaxy... i've tested this phone at work and honestly not much of an upgrade from the S8 i would pick the S10e over this anytime.

Galaxy A70 mid tier phone with a HUGE screen, if she doesn't require much power but wants the realstate, then this is it.
    Haha, you have my empathy!

Thanks for the advise, she won't go Apple because she doesn't like iOS, she finds it a cumbersome OS so she's basically left with Android. But she does love Apple's build quality.

She has gone with the 10e and I'll try and explain why in case it's of interest to anyone else:

The A70 was ditched for a couple of reasons: The screen seemed tall and skinny to her, as I've not played with one I'm not sure if this is just perception or not; but the main reason is that she found out the A70 is only getting updates quarterly and not monthly;

The S9 was ditched due to the smaller memory/storage and the fact it's 18 months old and OS support is a concern;

She chose the S10e due to 6/128/855, it's more future proofed than the S9, and it's updates are monthly. She also liked the way it felt in her hand, solid and hefty without being too weighty.

Thanks!

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Mann Incognito View Post
    Haha, you have my empathy!

Thanks for the advise, she won't go Apple because she doesn't like iOS, she finds it a cumbersome OS so she's basically left with Android. But she does love Apple's build quality.

She has gone with the 10e and I'll try and explain why in case it's of interest to anyone else:

The A70 was ditched for a couple of reasons: The screen seemed tall and skinny to her, as I've not played with one I'm not sure if this is just perception or not; but the main reason is that she found out the A70 is only getting updates quarterly and not monthly;

The S9 was ditched due to the smaller memory/storage and the fact it's 18 months old and OS support is a concern;

She chose the S10e due to 6/128/855, it's more future proofed than the S9, and it's updates are monthly. She also liked the way it felt in her hand, solid and hefty without being too weighty.

Thanks!
    S10e, good choice!