Device(s)
    LG Google Nexus 5x
    Carrier(s)
    Lycamobile, Sprint
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Looking for Pay-Go with International Roaming

With Lycamobile Pay-as-you go now officially dead for me, anyone have recommendations for inexpensive per call basis pay-as-you go that has international roaming beyond Mexico and Canada? My main travel China and Italy. Limited useage and I don't want to pay every month for a 30-day plan.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by lchan120 View Post
    With Lycamobile Pay-as-you go now officially dead for me, anyone have recommendations for inexpensive per call basis pay-as-you go that has international roaming beyond Mexico and Canada? My main travel China and Italy. Limited useage and I don't want to pay every month for a 30-day plan.
    Some possibilities to consider:
    piranha-mobile.com
    truphone.com/us/consumer/sim

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by lchan120 View Post
    Verizon prepaid travel pass ?? - https://www.verizonwireless.com/supp...avelpass-faqs/

Device(s)
    LG G4, Galaxy S7 Edge, Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, FreedomPop, TracFone
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    The OP said they don't want a plan that requires a monthly payment. To use Verizon's prepaid travel pass you need to have a Verizon monthly plan.
    Compare prepaid plans from all operators at PrepaidCompare.net.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    The OP would be better off with an international SIM with a local # if they want to avoid a monthly fee. The US carriers are eliminating International Roaming for the most-part. It will take some serious research to find such a plan in this modern age, not saying there aren't any US carrier that does.
    Don't make me turn this car around.....

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I use data only for my GV #s with Hangouts for voice and messaging in the US and internationally. That makes it pretty easy to use any data source, no matter where I am.

The piranha-mobile.com data rates and non-expiring balances are pretty attractive for light use in most countries.

three.co.uk also has non-expiring balances and pretty attractive paygo data rates for a lot of countries, but NOT for China or Canada!

Carrier(s)
    Truphone, FreeUp, FreedomPop US & MX, Toggle UK, Piranha, Netzclub DE, Simyo ES, Three UK
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Relevant thread: Do any US prepaid SIMs (other than Truphone) have international roaming?

Truphone is the most reliable, but they price-gouge in China and elsewhere ($1.15/min outgoing in China).

Piranha has the best rates (e.g. $0.15/min outgoing in China), but it's a UK number with the option of a virtual US number added on ($.50/month) and unknown reliability using the US#. I believe their site says the US# is incompatible with things like Google verification.

If you need a US number I'm with Boz1 on using Google Voice (assuming you have a smartphone) and focusing on cheap data SIMs (or just making calls when on Wi-Fi). Note, however, that with Google Voice, while you can call foreign numbers (and GV rates are quite good), you can't send SMS to foreign numbers (except Canada). You can receive SMS from foreign numbers, you just can't reply. So if you go this route, it's best to pair it with a messaging app.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8, iPad Mini 4, Blackberry KEY 2
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I would still say google fi even though it has a monthly payment.. just cancel when you get home like I've done

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    $15 per month, but pay as you go rates for domestic and international roaming

https://www.speedtalkworld.com/home

Device(s)
    Xperia X, iPhone SE, Zmax 2
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Tello, FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    T-mobile Prepaid Pay-Go Legacy Gold Rewards has international roaming for voice and text, no data. Just need to add $10 every year to keep the balance rolling. Might be able to buy one from ebay or some members here. It's an old discontinued/grandfathered plan.

The downside is, the roaming rates are a bit outrageous (voice and text only)...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Slepy; 08-14-2019 at 08:16 AM.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Looking for Pay-Go with International Roaming

Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    I use data only for my GV #s with Hangouts for voice and messaging in the US and internationally. That makes it pretty easy to use any data source, no matter where I am.

The piranha-mobile.com data rates and non-expiring balances are pretty attractive for light use in most countries.

three.co.uk also has non-expiring balances and pretty attractive paygo data rates for a lot of countries, but NOT for China or Canada!
    We're you able to steam video on three.co Sim? I'm going to Germany and Amazon sell these but it says tethering and streaming not allowed

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by ishldknwbttr View Post
    We're you able to steam video on three.co Sim? I'm going to Germany and Amazon sell these but it says tethering and streaming not allowed
    Sorry, but I didn't try, since I was using it on paygo.