Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Cricket data speeds suck

Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score

Cricket data speeds suck

As of lately Cricket data speeds have sucked so bad. I will have 4 or 5 bars of LTE and apps wont load. Ill do a Speedtest and it will show under 1 meg download speed. Iím on the 4/$100 plan so i know speeds are limited to 3meg down but it was never like this before.

Feedback Score
    This us why I jumped over to mothership prepaid

Sent from my iPad using HoFo

Feedback Score
    Rather Cricket data speeds have sucked so bad where you are located. Mine are consistently 8mbps where I'm located.

Device(s)
    iPhone XR 128 GB white ( sim free)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless $35/5GB
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rubberman View Post
    As of lately Cricket data speeds have sucked so bad. I will have 4 or 5 bars of LTE and apps wont load. Ill do a Speedtest and it will show under 1 meg download speed. Iím on the 4/$100 plan so i know speeds are limited to 3meg down but it was never like this before.
    In 3 1/2 years, everything works perfect even as of today, so may be tower repair or upgrade?

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vartanarsen View Post
    This us why I jumped over to mothership prepaid

Sent from my iPad using HoFo
    ^^^This...Iíve been on Cricket for years and jumped to the ATT prepaid plan. Itís still ATT network but for some reason itís better service.

Device(s)
    Iphone Xs, Ipad Pro 11"
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon/Cricket
    Feedback Score
    That is because that plan now is subject to de-prioritization anytime, whereas before it was after 22gb of usage.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    That would explain it - do you know for sure or is that a guess?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ckoch125 View Post
    That is because that plan now is subject to de-prioritization anytime, whereas before it was after 22gb of usage.
    Incorrect. Only if they make a change and end up on the new version of that plan.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ckoch125 View Post
    No it's not. Only if you change plans. Previous ones are grandfathered.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rubberman View Post
    As of lately Cricket data speeds have sucked so bad. I will have 4 or 5 bars of LTE and apps wont load.
    shoot, I see that behavior on T-Mobile on a regular basis.

Device(s)
    iphone 6s plus
    Carrier(s)
    VZW,T-mobile,Cricket,Fi
    Feedback Score
    I've noticed this too. With Cricket, I would run into places on my commute where Waze/Spotify would simply not work on Unlimited Extra. Over the last month, I've been trying out AT&T prepaid (Unlimited Plus) in parallel. It just works. Same phone - iPhone 8 plus (qualcomm).

I'm not sitting around running speedtests - just trying to use my phone service.

I'm cancelling the Cricket service this month. I've been using Cricket/AIO since the early AIO days. Sep 2013.
    Last edited by mch; 08-14-2019 at 10:36 AM.
    "I didn't get fat by accident. This was a personal choice. " - Kevin Gillespie

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mch View Post
    I've noticed this too. With Cricket, I would run into places on my commute where Waze/Spotify would simply not work on Unlimited Extra. Over the last month, I've been trying out AT&T prepaid (Unlimited Plus) in parallel. It just works. Same phone - iPhone 8 plus (qualcomm).

I'm not sitting around running speedtests - just trying to use my phone service.

I'm cancelling the Cricket service this month. I've been using Cricket/AIO since the early AIO days. Sep 2013.
    Iíve been with Cricket for 4 years and generally had no issues until recently. I just switched 4 lines to the ATT prepaid Walmart deal - 25 GB of unthrottled speed, hotspot for only $20 more a month. Service has been better so since Cricket and ATT are the same network and towers it seems to me something happened with Cricket service - have no clue.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by glowblue View Post
    I’ve been with Cricket for 4 years and generally had no issues until recently. I just switched 4 lines to the ATT prepaid Walmart deal - 25 GB of unthrottled speed, hotspot for only $20 more a month. Service has been better so since Cricket and ATT are the same network and towers it seems to me something happened with Cricket service - have no clue.
    I'm wondering if it's their DNS or something besides signal/bandwidth.

Device(s)
    iPhone XR 128 GB white ( sim free)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless $35/5GB
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by glowblue View Post
    Iíve been with Cricket for 4 years and generally had no issues until recently. I just switched 4 lines to the ATT prepaid Walmart deal - 25 GB of unthrottled speed, hotspot for only $20 more a month. Service has been better so since Cricket and ATT are the same network and towers it seems to me something happened with Cricket service - have no clue.
    $20 more a month that is $240 a year more if 2 years that is $480.... too much for me and others
    I like to pay for thing I really use daily, get money worth, I have great service with cricket 3 1/2 years now, calls and texts, sms or mms are most important as I use for work, data, I have WiFi everywhere in my workplace and most of time outside work, so never go over 3-4GB a months with Cricket.
    Nothing break, no fixing, no change...$35 a month ( if I switch it will be the new More plan , only $32-$36 per line with 3 to 5 lines under one account, taxes included you know it )

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score

Cricket data speeds suck

Quote Originally Posted by mtr999 View Post
    $20 more a month that is $240 a year more if 2 years that is $480.... too much for me and others
    I like to pay for thing I really use daily, get money worth, I have great service with cricket 3 1/2 years now, calls and texts, sms or mms are most important as I use for work, data, I have WiFi everywhere in my workplace and most of time outside work, so never go over 3-4GB a months with Cricket.
    Nothing break, no fixing, no change...$35 a month ( if I switch it will be the new More plan , only $32-$36 per line with 3 to 5 lines under one account, taxes included you know it )
    Hats off to you! To me the unthrottled speeds and hotspot were worth it. Cricket service for me got really bad recently.

For me and the users in my group the hotspot really was a big win. Cricket charges $10/mo for hotspot so for 4 lines that would have been $40 x 12 = $480 extra per year. Iím only paying $240 extra so Iím $240 ahead of the game. ATT prepaid with 25 GB FTW!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast