Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Cricket data speeds suck

Device(s)
    iphone 6s plus
    Carrier(s)
    VZW,T-mobile,Cricket,Fi
    Feedback Score
    For me, the decision to leave Cricket for AT&T prepaid after almost 6 years (since Sept 2013) with AIO/Cricket was just that my Cricket data service no longer works where I want it to work. Why would I pay for service that doesn't meet my needs. At that point it ceases to be a good deal.

I'm glad Cricket works well for a lot of people. In fact, I wish Cricket still worked well for me.
    "I didn't get fat by accident. This was a personal choice. " - Kevin Gillespie

Feedback Score
    I am on the on old (pre-Core) Cricket 3mb unlimited plan and the data speed situation has deteriorated for me. I signicantly less the 22GB data per month. Data speeds are very slow and sometimes get "cannot connect to this website" type message various times in certain locations.

Feedback Score
    I am on the on old (pre-Core) Cricket 3mb unlimited plan and the data speed situation has deteriorated for me. I signicantly less the 22GB data per month. Data speeds can get very slow and sometimes I get "cannot connect to this website" type message various times in certain locations.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bamx2 View Post
    I am on the on old (pre-Core) Cricket 3mb unlimited plan and the data speed situation has deteriorated for me. I signicantly less the 22GB data per month. Data speeds can get very slow and sometimes I get "cannot connect to this website" type message various times in certain locations.
    I've mentioned this before, but it usually wasn't a "speed" issue as the tests would max out at 3/3. Sites and apps would load very slowly or hang, almost like a DNS or QoS issue. I've had similar issues happen since going to the "More" plan, but not nearly as often and it's fast... averaging 60 down and 10 up.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8+
    Feedback Score

Cricket data speeds suck

Quote Originally Posted by energyx View Post
    I've mentioned this before, but it usually wasn't a "speed" issue as the tests would max out at 3/3. Sites and apps would load very slowly or hang, almost like a DNS or QoS issue. I've had similar issues happen since going to the "More" plan, but not nearly as often and it's fast... averaging 60 down and 10 up.
    Amazing how time change. There used to be a time when cricket and gophone users would clash. Now most cricket fans have bailed to att prepaid including me. I’m only paying $3 more per line for 16gb. But truth be told even att prepay is having slow data issues.

Device(s)
    iPhone XR 128 GB white ( sim free)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless $35/5GB
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksurfer View Post
    Amazing how time change. There used to be a time when cricket and gophone users would clash. Now most cricket fans have bailed to att prepaid including me. I’m only paying $3 more per line for 16gb. But truth be told even att prepay is having slow data issues.
    Mostly people from this board went Att prepaid but big picture Cricket still got 10 million subs and going, if you look and read other boards, Reddit, etc, not even a scratch on Cricket due to ton of postpaids still sign up for Cricket. No defending, we all have to go what fit most efficiently and financially. 2cents.
    Cricket More plans are doing well, for $32-$36, 3-5 lines one account is hard to beat. Everything works perfect for me so no change.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mtr999 View Post
    Cricket More plans are doing well, for $32-$36, 3-5 lines one account is hard to beat.
    Exactly. I had three $35 5GB lines set up on their own accounts (for good reasons) and was paying $105, but then the More came up and I decided to dump my reasons and switch those to a single More group save account for $110.

Five bucks more for hotspots and unlimited for all three? No problem.

On the other hand, I could have just kept them at the 5GB plans, put them on Group Save, and gone down to $90; but there you go, for $20 more I get unlimited and hotspot on each one.

More is almost a no-brainer. If you don't have that extra five to twenty bucks or whatever, I get it--but paying that little extra gives quite a lot of features.

Device(s)
    iPhone XR 128 GB white ( sim free)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless $35/5GB
    Feedback Score
    Next plan adjustment or change will be next summer or so, this I heard and read from Cricket employees, so the More plan will be a long while probably a long time, yes it is no brainer and super convenient... unlimited, 15gb hotspot, mex-can included. A lot of pospaids are migrating, it beats Visible and Att prepaid 10 gb hotspot on high end plan.

Feedback Score
    We are currently on a 4 line "core" plan and experience areas where we get several bars of coverage but extremely slow or non existent data (internet). Would switching to a "more" plan likely improve this, or just switch carriers? thanks

Feedback Score
    Shoot, I'm on the biggest, baddest T-Mobile plan, full speed and unlimited everything--and I get the same behavior of lots of signal but no data to speak of. Happens too frequently.

Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Is anyone on the cricket more plan noticing this has solved the speed / connectivity issues?
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoDough View Post
    You have been trying for 5 years to work for AT&T? Are you retarded?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaldo View Post
    Is anyone on the cricket more plan noticing this has solved the speed / connectivity issues?
    No I'm having a lot of data issues..I traveled across the US from NY to Michigan and data was basically non existent... think I may go to at&t prepaid but I'm not sure yet

Sent from my SM-N960U using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    iphone 6s plus
    Carrier(s)
    VZW,T-mobile,Cricket,Fi
    Feedback Score

Cricket data speeds suck

Quote Originally Posted by Chaldo View Post
    It didn't help me. Switching to AT&T prepaid was the fix.

Something changed in the last few months. Cricket used to work well for me. Was a Cricket/AIO customer for almost 6 years

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mch View Post
    It didn't help me. Switching to AT&T prepaid was the fix.

Something changed in the last few months. Cricket used to work well for me. Was a Cricket/AIO customer for almost 6 years
    Im thinking of switching to the new 25 GB for $40 plan

Sent from my SM-N960U using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Honestly, I experience times here in Oklahoma where things seem to not react snappy or not load. I'm on the pre-core 3mbps plan.
    But then I recently went from Oklahoma to Connecticut in a moving van and streamed radio most of the time. Went through Oklahoma, Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Pennsylvania, New York, Connecticut. I only had 1 hiccup in Pennsylvania.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast