Thread: Question About $2 Daily Plan

Feedback Score

Question About $2 Daily Plan

When you make a phone call, this plan automatically purchases 24 hours of airtime for $2. It's totally automatic.

However, if you want to use the Internet, you need to sign in to your ATT Prepaid account and purchase 100 MB for $1. Not only does this process take about 8 clicks or so, sometimes it can take about 2 or 3 minutes or more, particularly if it times out because it operates at a much slower speed before you make your purchase.

Is there an easier way to get on the Internet under this plan? Are there any other alternatives? Does Verizon still offer a similar plan? If so, is it any easier to get on the Internet?

Feedback Score
    when i had the $2 daily plan you just had to call to get 100 MB internet add on. it was an automated message . here's more information about the plan - https://www.att.com/shop/wireless/pl...ku4940399.html

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    when i had the $2 daily plan you just had to call to get 100 MB internet add on. it was an automated message
    How long ago was that? I've been on the $2 Daily plan for about 10 years. I've always signed in to buy data, which seems preferable to calling in.

here's more information about the plan - https://www.att.com/shop/wireless/pl...ku4940399.html
    That webpage is wrong. The data package expires 24 hours after purchase, not on midnight of the next day. They changed it 2 or 3 years ago.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidZz View Post
    How long ago was that? I've been on the $2 Daily plan for about 10 years. I've always signed in to buy data, which seems preferable to calling in. That webpage is wrong. The data package expires 24 hours after purchase, not on midnight of the next day. They changed it 2 or 3 years ago.
    it's been awhile since i had the plan. but i've always got the 100 MB of data with a few button presses on the phone never did use a computer. - see post #45 - https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...ght=daily+plan

Feedback Score
    dial 611 and press #2 on dial pad
    a total of 4 times.
    Thanks, october262. I tried the 611 number yesterday and it is easier. Also, I don't run into the slow internet/data speed issue.

Where did you get the #2 commands? They work but the voice prompts have changed and they're now a little different.

Feedback Score
    at the time, i was using an older phone, a Samsung SGH-A107 GOPHONE

Feedback Score
    at the time, i was using an older phone, a Samsung SGH-A107 GOPHONE
    Why would is matter which phone you're using? Wouldn't the key sequence be the same?

I think the new key sequence is #3, #1, #2, but I haven't tested it out yet.

Feedback Score
    that was the first phone i had when i started using gophone and using the mobile data. i've used the sim in another phone then in a smartphone that was when i last had the plan.