Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 103

Thread: New plans August 11

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    86
    Feedback Score
    0

    New plans August 11

    Looks like Cricket is launching some new plans on August 11. Source: https://reddit.com/r/CricketWireless...ans_launching/

    Edit: seems the reddit post was deleted but here’s the text:

    August 11th Cricket Wireless has announced some killer new plans and deals.
    They will have BOGO deals on Nokia 3.1plus and Moto G7 supra

    Also the new unlimited plans will be called cricket core for $55 month and cricket more for $60 month. Cricket more will include 15gb of hotspot with no speed cap.

    Also new family plan structure for $60 plan Line 1. $60 Line 2 $30 Line 3. $20 Line 4. $20 Line 5. $20
    Last edited by sporez; 08-01-2019 at 02:17 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,661
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by sporez View Post
    Looks like Cricket is launching some new plans on August 11. Source: https://reddit.com/r/CricketWireless...ans_launching/
    I'm not holding my breath but they would have to add Hotspot and really up the data on the 5gb plan to prevent me from switching over to the $40.00 25gb At&t Prepaid Walmart plan. Either way At&t will still get my dollars.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    990
    Feedback Score
    0
    That group plan pricing adds up to $210 for 5 lines. Oof.

    Also, these BOGO phone deals don't do much for existing customers when you can only add one line at a time online.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    86
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by thefisch View Post
    That group plan pricing adds up to $210 for 5 lines. Oof.

    Also, these BOGO phone deals don't do much for existing customers when you can only add one line at a time online.
    $210? Adds up to $150 from what I can tell. $60+30+20+20+20.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Sunshine State
    Posts
    1,315
    Device(s)
    iPhone XR 128 GB white ( sim free)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless $35/5GB
    Feedback Score
    0
    Look like cricket forum is dead... not many responses like in the past, all news come from reddit nowadays, also a lot just ported out of Cricket to Att prepaid. August 11? Hopefully something good... for its 10 million subscribers

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    143
    Feedback Score
    0
    If this is true I'll definitely do the 5 lines unlimited with hotspot for 150. Will finally give me a reason to upgrade from the 5 for 100 plan.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    71
    Feedback Score
    0
    This is good news. About time people on the unlimited extra get free hotspot included like other providers. Thanks for sharing the info.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    27
    Feedback Score
    0
    Probably a silly question, current cricket user on the 60 unlimited. Anyway for me to get the bogo phones? I'm mostly interested in the g7 power (supra).

    Sent from my F1 using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    713
    Device(s)
    iPhone 11, iPad (5th Gen)
    Carrier(s)
    310-410, 310-260
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by mtr999 View Post
    Look like cricket forum is dead... not many responses like in the past, all news come from reddit nowadays, also a lot just ported out of Cricket to Att prepaid. August 11? Hopefully something good... for its 10 million subscribers
    I've still got a couple of lines on Cricket (a bit of a balance to use up, but moved my main line to AT&T Prepaid for the Walmart promo), but the rumors about these plans didn't give much to go on. We had previously done 4/$100 Unlimited, so I'm curious what "Core" would bring to the table as an upgrade or yet another rebrand of the same plan (Unlimited 2->Unlimited->Core)?

    The "More" plan seems nice, but the remaining 3 users on the account would work fine with prioritized capped amount plans, rather than a constant deprioritized unlimited plan at a higher price. Basically, AT&T Prepaid's 8GB plan seems like a more compelling upgrade at 4/$120 for our needs.

    Nonetheless, I almost feel like AT&T has backed themselves into a corner where Cricket and AT&T Prepaid are overlapping a bit too much (Unlimited Extra and the cheaper AT&T Prepaid plan are kinda the same). The (5GB vs. 8GB) capped plans also compete a bit too closely.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Sunshine State
    Posts
    1,315
    Device(s)
    iPhone XR 128 GB white ( sim free)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless $35/5GB
    Feedback Score
    0
    I just realized that AT&T prepaid won’t allow you to port from Cricket, you have to port to somewhere and back in to AT&T prepaid, what a bummer, or just get a new number

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    713
    Device(s)
    iPhone 11, iPad (5th Gen)
    Carrier(s)
    310-410, 310-260
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by mtr999 View Post
    I just realized that AT&T prepaid won’t allow you to port from Cricket, you have to port to somewhere and back in to AT&T prepaid, what a bummer, or just get a new number
    You should be able to - there's a lot of misinformation on the subject at certain AT&T authorized resellers and even some employees at corporate stores. When I was attempting to get the 25GB Walmart promo, I "ported" (not really since it's already an AT&T number) my Cricket number over to AT&T Prepaid by calling the Port Activation Center (1-888-898-7685). They informed it was doable, but I'd need another unused SIM (they set up my Cricket number on the new SIM, transfer the balance and plan over to the Cricket number, then cancel the temporary number and SIM).

    I'm guessing if you haven't activated yet, they might be able to do that all in one step on the new SIM without the need for a second. Since I had one around, we used that, but the woman I spoke with offered to mail one for free or have this done at a corporate store if I didn't have one. The process was almost instant and I didn't have to port out and back in.

    Unfortunately, the part where this process breaks things is if you're trying to get a promo. The temporary number had the bonus data, but that didn't transfer over (the rep didn't even see it on the account with her system), so for that, an outside number can be replaced right on top of an existing temporary number/SIM. I did that the second time, bringing my former Cricket and AT&T Prepaid number in from T-Mobile.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,661
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ecs0013 View Post
    You should be able to - there's a lot of misinformation on the subject at certain AT&T authorized resellers and even some employees at corporate stores. When I was attempting to get the 25GB Walmart promo, I "ported" (not really since it's already an AT&T number) my Cricket number over to AT&T Prepaid by calling the Port Activation Center (1-888-898-7685). They informed it was doable, but I'd need another unused SIM (they set up my Cricket number on the new SIM, transfer the balance and plan over to the Cricket number, then cancel the temporary number and SIM).

    I'm guessing if you haven't activated yet, they might be able to do that all in one step on the new SIM without the need for a second. Since I had one around, we used that, but the woman I spoke with offered to mail one for free or have this done at a corporate store if I didn't have one. The process was almost instant and I didn't have to port out and back in.

    Unfortunately, the part where this process breaks things is if you're trying to get a promo. The temporary number had the bonus data, but that didn't transfer over (the rep didn't even see it on the account with her system), so for that, an outside number can be replaced right on top of an existing temporary number/SIM. I did that the second time, bringing my former Cricket and AT&T Prepaid number in from T-Mobile.
    Start again after listen carefully. It is a little complicated if you're trying to move to the Walmart 25gb plan from Cricket or an At&t MVNO. A friend of mine that is currently using At&t Prepaid is getting ready to try and get this promo. I'm gonna have her port her old number to the $3.00 per day T-Mobile Paygo plan before porting over to the new At&t/Walmart line.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    713
    Device(s)
    iPhone 11, iPad (5th Gen)
    Carrier(s)
    310-410, 310-260
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishx65 View Post
    Start again after listen carefully. It is a little complicated if you're trying to move to the Walmart 25gb plan from Cricket or an At&t MVNO. A friend of mine that is currently using At&t Prepaid is getting ready to try and get this promo. I'm gonna have her port her old number to the $3.00 per day T-Mobile Paygo plan before porting over to the new At&t/Walmart line.
    Keep in mind that T-Mobile recently handed their $3/month plan that people use for porting to Ultra Mobile, so you'd either have to find an existing line on eBay, go for a normal prepaid plan from T-Mobile (that's what I did), or look at another temporary carrier. I was one of the early ones with the Walmart promo, had things not work the first time, ported to T-Mobile's 10GB/$40 plan (a good opportunity to try their network), used it for about a week or two, and then ported to AT&T Prepaid once the 2nd attempt line got the bonus data. Things have been working great for the past two weeks and I'm hoping everything renews as expected later this month.

    In the meantime, I was only out the $50 for the original attempt's data plan (returned the phone to Walmart), and maybe the $40 to T-Mobile (although I did use a lot of the allotted data in the time I was on there, so I feel like I got some worthwhile use. Still, if I can save someone else the hassle, I've been more than happy to share on here and a few other places.

    It looked like @mtr999 was wanting to just wanting to bring a Cricket number to AT&T Prepaid without messing with any promos, so that should be easily doable without involving another carrier.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    1,778
    Feedback Score
    0
    I'm still rocking my 5 /$100 on the 5GB plan and hope to keep that as long as I can

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Sunshine State
    Posts
    1,315
    Device(s)
    iPhone XR 128 GB white ( sim free)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless $35/5GB
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Hogan773 View Post
    I'm still rocking my 5 /$100 on the 5GB plan and hope to keep that as long as I can
    Lol... me too, ain’t go nowhere ha...ha....everything works, easy payment in budget, doing nothing. Visible looks tempting but totally in jungle zone, no real support and so many inconsistencies, worse than Cricket which is very reliable.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 08-01-2013, 09:09 AM
  2. New plans on 11/2 ?
    By feis in forum Sprint
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 11-03-2008, 07:50 PM
  3. I guess no new plans on 11/15. True??
    By jyalexop2003 in forum AT&T
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-12-2004, 12:45 PM
  4. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-16-2003, 12:04 AM
  5. New Plans and Phones August 13
    By Mac Write in forum Fido
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-09-2003, 08:11 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks