Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: New plans August 11

Feedback Score
    It looks like they answered my question today. They are still showing support only for iPhones and select android phones they sell. I do wonder if all their network features will be available to you on an att android phone though. If you get hd voice, WiFi calling and the ability to tether with an att branded android phone that may be a route I take.

Device(s)
    Qualcomm iPhone X 256 GB Space Grey
    Carrier(s)
    Visible
    Feedback Score

New plans August 11

Quote Originally Posted by mtr999 View Post
    A lot of people inquire and plan to switch to this new $60 more already, it is big saver cheaper than visible or att prepaid as for unlimited and hotspot, if you have multiple lines, to answer your question, i can count how many time i have data congestion and deproritization in my usage, not many, majority of service is great and working. YMMV so you know, my 2 cents.
    I’m with Visible right now. Everything works well. Just inconsistent speeds for now. If I could get this plan for $32/mo, that would make me think about it. AT&T network just isn’t as great anywhere I go. Some places AT&T has no service while Visible performs rather well.

If Verizon wants to compete with plans like this, they better improve the quality of Visible’s service. Customer service reps are awesome though. They’re all nice and helpful. A bonus that you can simply text them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    iPhone 7+ on the Verizon Network
    iPad Pro 9.7 on the AT&T Network

Device(s)
    iPhone 8+
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score

New plans August 11

So I guess we should just stick with the grandfathered version of the “core” plan, since it’s only supposed to be deprioritized after 22GB. Looks like they released these new plans, but they can both be deprioritized from the get go.
    Currently: iPhone 5 64GB (white)
    Former: HTC One (black), HTC One X+, iPhone 5 White 16GB, iPhone 4 (black) 32GB, myTouch 4G, myTouch 3G slide, iPhone 3GS Black 32GB, HTC HD2, Sony Ericsson Equinox, HTC Touch Pro2, HTC Dash 3G, Sony Ericsson TM506, BlackBerry Storm (unlocked for TMO), Samsung Behold, T-Mobile G-1, Verizon XV6800, Verizon Samsung i760, T-Mobile Wing, T-Mobile Dash, BlackBerry Curve, BlackBerry Pearl, Nextel i860, Nextel i730, Nextel i95cl.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 plus 256, Galaxy S9 w 250gb micro sd.
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T for connected car, AT&T prepaid and T-mobile.
    Feedback Score
    Is there any chance that premium phone offers such as heavily a discounted S10 or XR that could sell out in a day or two that could come along with the launch of these new plans?

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Device(s)
    iPhone XR 128 GB white ( sim free)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless $35/5GB
    Feedback Score

New plans August 11

Quote Originally Posted by freakonomics101 View Post
    I’m with Visible right now. Everything works well. Just inconsistent speeds for now. If I could get this plan for $32/mo, that would make me think about it. AT&T network just isn’t as great anywhere I go. Some places AT&T has no service while Visible performs rather well.

If Verizon wants to compete with plans like this, they better improve the quality of Visible’s service. Customer service reps are awesome though. They’re all nice and helpful. A bonus that you can simply text them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

$32 per line if you have 5 lines under 1 account, $36.60 per line for 3 lines under 1 account, but $55 for 1 line, it is great if you have friends and family ... nothing better than this Cricket More.
    ( each line has its own 15 GB hot spot not sharing in 1 account, confirmed by Cricket rep)
    Visible will not get better quick cause they have to keep cost down in order to stay $40 all in, if they hire more reps or engineers to fix problems the price will not be $40 and there is no way having in store service, this is it, if they have to make money or profit.
    If Visible works for you, just stay on, but you it is the way it is, and Cricket More is not going away for at least 1 year before they do any new adjustment.
    Last edited by mtr999; 08-12-2019 at 02:14 AM.

Device(s)
    iPhone XR 128 GB white ( sim free)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless $35/5GB
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hogan773 View Post
    Is there a way to know when you are getting "deprioritized" (like an icon or something) or is it just a feeling of sluggishness?
    I been with Cricket almost 4 years never worried about depriotitization or congestion, just try and you will know if not port out, it’s prepaid.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdub3335 View Post
    It looks like they answered my question today. They are still showing support only for iPhones and select android phones they sell. I do wonder if all their network features will be available to you on an att android phone though. If you get hd voice, WiFi calling and the ability to tether with an att branded android phone that may be a route I take.
    I have an at&t branded moto z2 force. On the 3mbps old plan. I get hd voice, don't know if I'm supposed to even have wifi calling on this plan. And I know I won't get tethering.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    So to recap:

Cricket Core:

Speed throttled to 3mbps
    Can be deprioritized at ANY time regardless of data used (old plan would not deprioritize until after using 22GB)
    SD video (can not turn Stream More off)

Cricket More:

Full LTE speed with no throttling (no 8MBPS throttle as previous plan was)
    Can be deprioritized at ANY time regardless of data used (old plan would not deprioritize until after using 22GB)
    15 GB hotspot but "requires compatible device" (not sure if this means a Cricket branded device or if a BYOD would work)
    SD video quality, can not turn Stream More off

Is this correct?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Skreelink View Post
    TETHERING INFO:
    Even on the new plan, the hotspot is still for "eligible phones" only. No appearance change on the website or the app to reflect hotspot and without a modified build.prop on my Pixel XL... Same ol' "call AT&T 611" error. So for those with BYOD devices, seems adding hotspot is still a no-go.
    To clarify: SOME BYOD work. iPhone SE, I validated. And my son swears his Sony XPeria XZ2 has always worked, even before hotspot was officially turned on.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tunabreath View Post
    So to recap:

Cricket Core:

Speed throttled to 3mbps

Cricket More:

15 GB hotspot but "requires compatible device" (not sure if this means a Cricket branded device or if a BYOD would work)

Is this correct?
    yes, from what I see.

Device(s)
    Nexus 6P, Nexus 6, LG G3, Droid X
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket, Project Fi, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by aosmon View Post
    Do you know if it works WITH the modified build.prop?
    Yes, modifying the build.prop does allow you to tether, then use an app like TTL editor to make sure all packets are 64 TTL to make it look like phone data.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Skreelink View Post
    Yes, modifying the build.prop does allow you to tether, then use an app like TTL editor to make sure all packets are 64 TTL to make it look like phone data.
    Would this count against your 15gb cap if you were to get the new plan? My device isn't compatible but it is rooted but I'm wondering if I'll get limited to 15gb still. If not I'm seriously considering the higher plan instead of the 3mbps one.

Device(s)
    Nexus 6P, Nexus 6, LG G3, Droid X
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket, Project Fi, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by aosmon View Post
    Would this count against your 15gb cap if you were to get the new plan? My device isn't compatible but it is rooted but I'm wondering if I'll get limited to 15gb still. If not I'm seriously considering the higher plan instead of the 3mbps one.
    You don't get a 15GB cap, since it's a BYOD not on the "approved" list, you technically still do not get tethering at all. That's why I recommend using an app to change the TTL, so it looks like phone data and just counts as such.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tunabreath View Post
    So to recap:

Cricket Core:

Speed throttled to 3mbps

Cricket More:

Is this correct?
    Everything is correct except one thing. I am currently on the unlimited extra and even though I have not hit 22gb, I have been deprioritized a few times. The new plan is the same. There is no limit, basically you can get deprioritized at any point which has only been a hand full of times. I switched to the cricket more starting next month which brought my bill for 3 lines from $120 to $110 and everyone gets 15gb of hotspot.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Samanpezeshki View Post
    I switched to the cricket more starting next month which brought my bill for 3 lines from $120 to $110 and everyone gets 15gb of hotspot.
    That is, everyone with a compatible phone.

I had three people each on his own individual $40 ($35) 5GB original plan, paying $105. I'm bringing them all together into a group save on the new More plan, and going up to only $110. But one of them has an unlocked Moto phone that refuses to do hotspot. The iPhone SE works fine, and as far as I know the XPeria XZ2 Compact also works fine.

I'm going to try an AT&T S9+ with that SIM card next, to see if that works.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast