Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 103

Thread: New plans August 11

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    11
    Feedback Score
    0
    They're out

    Base plan is the same except it's deprioritized 100% of the time now and Cricket More is $110 for 4 people but is also deprioritized always.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Sunshine State
    Posts
    1,315
    Device(s)
    iPhone XR 128 GB white ( sim free)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless $35/5GB
    Feedback Score
    0
    The new $55 cricket more with everything and 15 gb hotspot is good, lot of people are gonna like it, but i don’t use hotspot much or at all, wifi is readily everywhere, so stick with $35... live moves on lol.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    431
    Feedback Score
    0
    Switched this morning from the old 3Mbps plan as my last effort to keep Cricket. I was charged the prorated difference for this month ($23.xx) and the speeds were effective immediately on my iPhone. 16-23Mb down and 2-5Mb up. Looks as good as native ATT at the house at least.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    230
    Device(s)
    Nexus 6P, Nexus 6, LG G3, Droid X
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket, Project Fi, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    TETHERING INFO:
    Even on the new plan, the hotspot is still for "eligible phones" only. No appearance change on the website or the app to reflect hotspot and without a modified build.prop on my Pixel XL... Same ol' "call AT&T 611" error. So for those with BYOD devices, seems adding hotspot is still a no-go. So even cricket finally caving and giving free hotspot, still has a gotcha of requiring one of their approved phones. Fine, I'll just keep bypassing cricket's blocks as I did before. Tsk.

    Also noted they do use the TTL method for hotspot detection apparently. Did some tests without changing the TTL and my data usage did not go up. Changed the TTL to force 64, and the data started ticking again. I'll likely do more tests later, but all in all. BYOD people are still in the same position as before: No official tethering allowed.
    Last edited by Skreelink; 08-11-2019 at 10:34 AM.
    I don't like phones... I'm in it for the data.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,861
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdub3335 View Post
    I’m wondering if you’ll now be able to use any phone with the hotspot now that it will be built in to the plan. Like can you use it with a non branded android phone.
    My son is on the 5GB Cricket plan for $35 after autopay; he uses a Sony Xperia XZ2, and he swears he's been using hotspot as needed without any trouble.

    Anyway, I'm hoping to find this out. My family is all unlocked phones right now. I will be switching one to an AT&T branded S9+, though.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    431
    Feedback Score
    0
    Speeds are even better this afternoon https://imgur.com/a/Cn7HOWL

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,660
    Feedback Score
    0
    Well, those changes did absolutely nothing for my 5gb plan so I'll be heading over to At&t Prepaid. Just not sure if I want the $40.00 25gb Walmart plan or the $300.00 8gb 360 day Plan.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Sunshine State
    Posts
    1,315
    Device(s)
    iPhone XR 128 GB white ( sim free)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless $35/5GB
    Feedback Score
    0

    New plans August 11

    So the new Cricket More plan $60 if 5 lines it’s only $160 ($32 per line) for unlimited and 15 GB hotspot all taxes included. That is awesome plan for multiple lines ! make me want to have many kids and wives ...
    Last edited by mtr999; 08-11-2019 at 01:04 PM.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    1,778
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by mtr999 View Post
    So the new Cricket More plan $60 if 5 lines it’s only $160 ($32 per line) for unlimited and 15 GB hotspot all taxes included. That is awesome plan for multiple lines ! make me want to have many kids and wives ...
    Yeah but the whole plan is subject to throttling/deprioritization right? Even the first 15GB. That's what seems crazy to me. What happens if I am in an area of "network congestion"? Then all day long I need to have pokey data speeds and high latency even while paying $60 for "unlimited 4G LTE data"????

    Maybe I am misunderstanding what they are offering but it doesn't seem like a great deal to me. I guess it compares to the lower unlimited plan in that you get 15GB of potentially "full speed LTE" data, but I would be wary about the deprioritization part. I don't believe that AT&T prepaid has the deprioritization does it?

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Sunshine State
    Posts
    1,315
    Device(s)
    iPhone XR 128 GB white ( sim free)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless $35/5GB
    Feedback Score
    0

    New plans August 11

    Quote Originally Posted by Hogan773 View Post
    Yeah but the whole plan is subject to throttling/deprioritization right? Even the first 15GB. That's what seems crazy to me. What happens if I am in an area of "network congestion"? Then all day long I need to have pokey data speeds and high latency even while paying $60 for "unlimited 4G LTE data"????

    Maybe I am misunderstanding what they are offering but it doesn't seem like a great deal to me. I guess it compares to the lower unlimited plan in that you get 15GB of potentially "full speed LTE" data, but I would be wary about the deprioritization part. I don't believe that AT&T prepaid has the deprioritization does it?
    A lot of people inquire and plan to switch to this new $60 more already, it is big saver cheaper than visible or att prepaid as for unlimited and hotspot, if you have multiple lines, to answer your question, i can count how many time i have data congestion and deproritization in my usage, not many, majority of service is great and working. YMMV so you know, my 2 cents.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    11
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Skreelink View Post
    TETHERING INFO:
    Even on the new plan, the hotspot is still for "eligible phones" only. No appearance change on the website or the app to reflect hotspot and without a modified build.prop on my Pixel XL... Same ol' "call AT&T 611" error. So for those with BYOD devices, seems adding hotspot is still a no-go. So even cricket finally caving and giving free hotspot, still has a gotcha of requiring one of their approved phones. Fine, I'll just keep bypassing cricket's blocks as I did before. Tsk.

    Also noted they do use the TTL method for hotspot detection apparently. Did some tests without changing the TTL and my data usage did not go up. Changed the TTL to force 64, and the data started ticking again. I'll likely do more tests later, but all in all. BYOD people are still in the same position as before: No official tethering allowed.

    Do you know if it works WITH the modified build.prop?

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    23
    Feedback Score
    0
    So if I'm reading this right the Unlimited Core plan is my new plan now since I was on 5 lines unlimited for 125.00, correct? So now my data is always de-prioritized ? I was actually hoping with the new plans the service would become even more attractive. This is a step backwards for many in my opinion. I was thinking Cricket would have upped the speeds from 3 to 5 mbs. Instead they left that alone and de-prioritized my speeds from the get go whereas is used to be de-prioritized after 22 gigs. I guess I'll wait and see how the service is before deciding if I should consider a move to another carrier.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    431
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by kpa View Post
    So if I'm reading this right the Unlimited Core plan is my new plan now since I was on 5 lines unlimited for 125.00, correct? So now my data is always de-prioritized ? I was actually hoping with the new plans the service would become even more attractive. This is a step backwards for many in my opinion. I was thinking Cricket would have upped the speeds from 3 to 5 mbs. Instead they left that alone and de-prioritized my speeds from the get go whereas is used to be de-prioritized after 22 gigs. I guess I'll wait and see how the service is before deciding if I should consider a move to another carrier.
    Your plan is the same as before unless you make any changes. It's grandfathered. Our speeds degraded quite a bit since May, so I figured I'd give the new plan a try for $35 more for 5 lines. I'm getting speed tests of 60/6 now.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    23
    Feedback Score
    0
    Oh good to know. Thank you for that info!

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    1,778
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by mtr999 View Post
    A lot of people inquire and plan to switch to this new $60 more already, it is big saver cheaper than visible or att prepaid as for unlimited and hotspot, if you have multiple lines, to answer your question, i can count how many time i have data congestion and deproritization in my usage, not many, majority of service is great and working. YMMV so you know, my 2 cents.
    Is there a way to know when you are getting "deprioritized" (like an icon or something) or is it just a feeling of sluggishness?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 08-01-2013, 09:09 AM
  2. New plans on 11/2 ?
    By feis in forum Sprint
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 11-03-2008, 07:50 PM
  3. I guess no new plans on 11/15. True??
    By jyalexop2003 in forum AT&T
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-12-2004, 12:45 PM
  4. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-16-2003, 12:04 AM
  5. New Plans and Phones August 13
    By Mac Write in forum Fido
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-09-2003, 08:11 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks