Thread: Cricket Billing Question

Feedback Score

Cricket Billing Question

I was wondering how Cricket bills their service. Right now we are on auto pay and the account charges on the 3rd of every month. My question is are we paying ahead for the next month's service or the previous month's bill?

We may port out of Cricket and was wondering what the best time of month would be to do that considering we are billed on the 3rd of every month.

Also what info do I need to port of out Cricket? I can't remember if I had to set up a pin# with them or not.

Thanks,

-Guru

Feedback Score
    You pay for the upcoming month. If your plan renews on the 3rd, you are basically paying for the month of August. Prepaid=you pay before; postpaid=you pay after

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    The best time to port out is close to the end of your bill cycle - leave a few days of cushion just in case things go sideways and get delayed to avoid losing your number. You need your Cricket phone #, acct. number and PIN. If you go into the MyCricket app on your phone, go to “Settings” and you’ll find the acct. # and it shows if you have a PIN setup. Or you can contact Customer Service.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the info. Just so I understand this correctly: If I were to port of my number halfway thru my billing month would I get any money credited back?

Thanks,

-Guru

Feedback Score
    No. Let's say you pay your bill on the 1st and port out on the 15th. You would lose the remaining 15 or so days. Depending on how your port, I would probably do it during the last week or week and half in my billing cycle. You can gamble and try it on the last pay, but the autopay will sometimes trigger a pay early.