Thread: Oldest used iPad with LTE bands 66 + 71 to use on At&T any TMobile MVNOs

Device(s)
    nexus and RIP Motorola flip phone
    Carrier(s)
    T -Mobile ATT
    Feedback Score

Oldest used iPad with LTE bands 66 + 71 to use on At&T any TMobile MVNOs

Hi ,
    I would like to get a used iPad that is a little future proof and has LTE bands 66 and 71 ,
    I have an older iPad that's only 3g and probably not going to work after the end of the year .
    Thanks for your help
    Wanted: old barnfind VWs and Sports cars ,
    save them from the crusher , I have had my tetanus shots so rust does not scare me ,
    anything considered even parts cars

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by trackVW View Post
    Hi ,
    I would like to get a used iPad that is a little future proof and has LTE bands 66 and 71 ,
    I have an older iPad that's only 3g and probably not going to work after the end of the year .
    Thanks for your help
    What makes you think your current one will not work at the end of this year?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    LG G4, Galaxy S7 Edge, Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, FreedomPop, TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Hi ,
    Thanks for your help
    AFAIK, the only iPads that support bands 66 and 71 are the new (released 2019) iPad Air 3 and iPad Mini 5
    Find and compare prepaid plans at https://prepaidcompare.net

Carrier(s)
    Truphone, FreeUp, FreedomPop US & MX, Toggle UK, Piranha, Netzclub DE, Simyo ES, Three UK
    Feedback Score
    Also the iPad Pro 11" and 12.9" released in late 2018. Basically it looks like any US/CA Cellular model from October 2018 or later

https://everymac.com/systems/apple/i...pad-specs.html

Device(s)
    nexus and RIP Motorola flip phone
    Carrier(s)
    T -Mobile ATT
    Feedback Score
    Thanks , not what I want to hear but what can I do....
    It's hard to say what will happen with TMobile and 3g , but it seems at the end of the year it might be gone.....
    And my old iPad is not even LTE , so using bands 2 and 4 is not an option on the older iPads.

You would have thought that the FCC would have made a standard that all the companies had to use , not letting TMobile have LTE 71 and no one else....
    And then we get into the 5g where most of the phones in the USA cannot connect to....

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    Thanks , not what I want to hear but what can I do....
    It's hard to say what will happen with TMobile and 3g , but it seems at the end of the year it might be gone.....
    And my old iPad is not even LTE , so using bands 2 and 4 is not an option on the older iPads.

You would have thought that the FCC would have made a standard that all the companies had to use , not letting TMobile have LTE 71 and no one else....
    And then we get into the 5g where most of the phones in the USA cannot connect to....
    The bands are put up for Auction, and T-Mobile needed it enough that they bought a bunch. The other carriers have LTE bands that T-Mobile doesn't. This is new enough that older phones don't have it.
    iPhone X is my current primary phone. I have older model iPhones and Moto phones available on other lines. Currently prepaid, though would consider postpaid on right plan.