Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: So mad I could cry. Iphone no service and calls failing

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kellylynn View Post
    Anyone else having issues with their Iphones on Cricket?
    We've been having issues since the service issues a week or 2 ago. Central PA here. We have great AT&T coverage with LTE, but calls are routinely dropping to 4G (no VoLTE) and data is extremely hit or miss, even in areas we never had problems with before. All iPhones. Tonight I'm going to check to see if they have the old SIM cards (very possible). I remember last year when we tried to activate a new line on an old (unused) SIM card I had, and LTE data would not work. Went to the Cricket store and the guy said he sees lots of issues with iPhones on the old SIMs. Swapped to a new SIM and the problem went away. Maybe there was some sort of network upgrade causing these issues? Support is just pretending there is no problem.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    AT&T Prepaid has higher network priority than Cricket. If your Iphones are unlocked Visible, MetroPCS and Boost offer a lot of data for the money.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Grateful4Advice View Post
    AT&T Prepaid has higher network priority than Cricket. If your Iphones are unlocked Visible, MetroPCS and Boost offer a lot of data for the money.
    Thanks for the info. Unfortunately in our area, only AT&T offers decent coverage so MetroPCS and Boost are out. I could look into Visible and AT&T prepaid - but the thing is I've had great service with Cricket for years, only the last 1-2 weeks has been complete garbage. Something's not working right.

Device(s)
    Cricket E5 Supra, Stylo 4, metro Moto e5
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket,vzw,metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    Does anyone really have info as to the reason for variation in the signal strength of att's coverage recently? Is it possibly due to local network upgrades, planned signal degradation or what.

As I've previously posted, in my East TN coverage area, until just recently, my general signal (both bars and db indication) had been seriously lower, and even worse at my residence area, where my att tower is less than a mile away, and clearly visible, but at other locations, more noticably indoors than out. Really never actually paid much attention to db readings, as my signal was generally always very good. Something has to have been going on, because when I could get a signal, the phone worked.

Fortunately, the general signal appears to have improved, at least some, but whether imagined or real still not as strong as remembered.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by plane View Post
    Does anyone really have info as to the reason for variation in the signal strength of att's coverage recently? Is it possibly due to local network upgrades, planned signal degradation or what.
    Not sure if we are having the same issue or not, but our phones were failing even when we had full coverage plus the LTE indicator. Areas where we never had issues with before. Just wanted to update and let you know swapping to a new SIM card solved our issues. Pop out your sim card, if it has a green "stripe" over the word Cricket, you've got an old SIM. From what I'm told these are problematic in iPhones, and you should replace it with a newer "white" SIM. I bought mine on Amazon for 3.99, but you can also go to the store and pay $10 or so.

Feedback Score
    I had a problem with my data being cut off at a crowded event. I'm guessing I was deprioritized in order to let AT&T customers get coverage. Add that to the limited amount of data each month, and I'm shopping for new cell coverage now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2