Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: T-Mobile service over Sprint towers?

Device(s)
    Note9
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Google Fi, Mint
    Feedback Score
    This forum has devolved so badly. You used to be a decent poster, now you're getting in on the trolling too, just posting for the lulz. It seems fun. Maybe I should try it too.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SoxFan76 View Post
    You could have answered the question several posts ago, but now you're refusing to and accusing me of "going in circles".
    I won't play your game.

Device(s)
    Note9
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Google Fi, Mint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NotABiot View Post
    I won't play your game.
    So you won't answer the question. Great. So apparently you're just full of hot air then.

Feedback Score
    There comes a time when everyone realizes that they aren't a twelve-year-old on a playground. Well, I hope everyone does...

Device(s)
    Note9
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Google Fi, Mint
    Feedback Score
    There comes a time when everyone realizes that they aren't a twelve-year-old on a playground. Well, I hope everyone does...
    Which has nothing to do with anything. The issue is that you won't answer the damn question.

Feedback Score
    Please look at the forum rules, especially the section concerning what's called "thread crapping".

I know you would like nothing but 64+ more comments on this particular non-subject by Tuesday, but it's not happening. Over and out, you got the last word. Or if you got the message, you simply won't continue.

Device(s)
    Note9
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Google Fi, Mint
    Feedback Score
    Please look at the forum rules, especially the section concerning what's called "thread crapping".
    Look in the mirror buddy.

Device(s)
    iPhone (Silver) Xs Max 256GB
    Carrier(s)
    (Dual Sim) T-Mobile - Unleash the Data Hounds!!! Xfinity Mobile (Verizon)
    Feedback Score
    All I'm worried about (after the states lawsuit of course) is getting Band 41 up and running for Magenta customers.

Shilo is right, tear down Sprint (name and all) as fast as humanly possible and let's get on with it.

CAN'T WAIT!!!

The New T-Mobile
    Hofo Veteran - Magenta Disciple

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wide_opeN View Post
    All I'm worried about (after the states lawsuit of course) is getting Band 41 up and running for Magenta customers.

Shilo is right, tear down Sprint (name and all) as fast as humanly possible and let's get on with it.

CAN'T WAIT!!!

The New T-Mobile
    Can't wait either

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wide_opeN View Post
    All I'm worried about (after the states lawsuit of course) is getting Band 41 up and running for Magenta customers. ....
    I think this can happen fairly quickly as additional LTE service. I'm not so sure about 5G. That may take a few years. There's a lot of those sites to decommission. Does anyone know if Sprint's band-41 mini-cells can be software upgraded to 5G NR?
    Donald Newcomb

Device(s)
    Note9
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Google Fi, Mint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    I think this can happen fairly quickly as additional LTE service. I'm not so sure about 5G. That may take a few years. There's a lot of those sites to decommission. Does anyone know if Sprint's band-41 mini-cells can be software upgraded to 5G NR?
    They could run two different B41 networks for a time if they needed to, since Sprint has a metric crapload of B41/n41 spectrum.

Feedback Score

T-Mobile service over Sprint towers?

So several new pieces of info from this article:
    https://www.speedtest.net/insights/b...trum-coverage/

1.) Sprint calls on Sprint Towers will begin to be routed through the T-Mobile Core rather than the Sprint Core (as was done with MetroPCS).
    2.) Modern Sprint handsets will receive an OTA update to enable access to the T-Mobile network from existing Sprint devices.
    3.) 11,000 Sprint Sites will be kept by the New T-Mobile to densify the Network.

Also it looks like we will be seeing phones that aggregate low-band FDD and TDD:

“To take advantage of the new T-Mobile’s spectrum and 5G network, smartphones must have the capability to aggregate both Sub-6 FDD and TDD (FR1) with mmWave (FR2), in addition to LTE.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by techfranz; 08-06-2019 at 08:18 PM.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    No more posts about each other. If anyone here feels a need to stray from the topic at hand to discussing each other one more time you will get banned. Stop acting like children.

Become a Premium Member or Advertiser here!
    Want to use a referral link in your signature, support the forums by becoming a Premium Member!
    Have you read the forum rules lately?
    If you have a problem with a post for any reason, please report it rather than responding to it, and a moderator will be along shortly.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    Yes. That's part of their 5G. Don't forget TMO gets to keep and use 10,000 Sprint sites. The other person needs to realize that only the name Sprint is will be gone their employees like Marcelo become part of the T-Mobile team

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by techfranz View Post
    So several new pieces of info from this article:
    https://www.speedtest.net/insights/b...trum-coverage/

1.) Sprint calls on Sprint Towers will begin to be routed through the T-Mobile Core rather than the Sprint Core (as was done with MetroPCS).
    2.) Modern Sprint handsets will receive an OTA update to enable access to the T-Mobile network from existing Sprint devices.
    3.) 11,000 Sprint Sites will be kept by the New T-Mobile to densify the Network.

Also it looks like we will be seeing phones that aggregate low-band FDD and TDD:

“To take advantage of the new T-Mobile’s spectrum and 5G network, smartphones must have the capability to aggregate both Sub-6 FDD and TDD (FR1) with mmWave (FR2), in addition to LTE.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Some current devices do support 25+41 CA which is live for Sprint now. 26+41 is also supported but will not get to stay since TMobile has to give up B26. New devices will be Required for TMO bands and Sprint combos. Like 66+25+71 or 66+71+41 for example. Current phones can do 25+25 or 25+41+41. The S10 line up also supports B41+LAA which would be cool to see.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast