Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: T-Mobile service over Sprint towers?

Device(s)
    Note9
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Google Fi, Mint
    Feedback Score
    26+41 makes no sense. If you can get 41, you don't need 26, if you can only get 26, you can only get 26. I could see 26+25 when you can't get 41.

Feedback Score
    26+41 is like coupling a garden hose and a fire hydrant together.

I wonder if 26 helps with signaling or handoffs or something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by techfranz View Post
    26+41 is like coupling a garden hose and a fire hydrant together.

I wonder if 26 helps with signaling or handoffs or something.

It will help with the upload yes it's only 5x5 but it would fair better when the B41 signal is weak cause that's when the upload goes. I think 25+41 is more priority since most ( unfortunately not all) metro areas are 10x10 B25 for Sprint now. Would like to see it in Florida where B25 is 15x15

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thotguy31 View Post
    It will help with the upload yes it's only 5x5 but it would fair better when the B41 signal is weak cause that's when the upload goes. I think 25+41 is more priority since most ( unfortunately not all) metro areas are 10x10 B25 for Sprint now. Would like to see it in Florida where B25 is 15x15

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
    When you say the upload “goes” on band 41 is it because the distance makes it that the phone can still download decently but not upload as well? The only reason I ask is because TDD is supposed to allow Sprint to adjust upload and download at will. Currently Band 41 TDD download is turned way up and upload way down.

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    I just hope that Sprint brings into play enough additional support that it is noticeably better coverage for T-Mobile customers on existing Sprint towers. Assuming phone compatible with the Sprint towers.
    iPhone X is my current primary phone. I have older model iPhones and Moto phones available on other lines. Currently prepaid, though would consider postpaid on right plan.

Device(s)
    LG G7 (T-Mobile), iPhone 8 (AT&T)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kevink1 View Post
    I just hope that Sprint brings into play enough additional support that it is noticeably better coverage for T-Mobile customers on existing Sprint towers. Assuming phone compatible with the Sprint towers.
    I suspect that Sprint customers may end up roaming on T-Mobile... but T-Mobile customers will not roam on Sprint.
    T-Mobile will want Sprint customers to NOT roam on Verizon or any other provider if possible. Similarly, they probably don't want to add more traffic to Sprint if they can help it.
    AT&T... your world, throttled.

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by formercanuck View Post
    I suspect that Sprint customers may end up roaming on T-Mobile... but T-Mobile customers will not roam on Sprint.
    Having T-Mobile customers roam Sprint would run contrary to the goal of repurposing Sprint's licenses ASAP. I still think there may be some room for sharing of Sprint's band 41 infrastructure but I don't think it would look like roaming to a T-Mobile customer.
    T-Mobile will want Sprint customers to NOT roam on Verizon or any other provider if possible. Similarly, they probably don't want to add more traffic to Sprint if they can help it.
    I think Sprint's roaming on Verizon and AT&T will come to a quick end. Other roaming partners (e.g. CSpire) may continue but would be expected to transition quickly to VoLTE.
    Donald Newcomb

Device(s)
    LG G7 (T-Mobile), iPhone 8 (AT&T)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Yup. I suspect that right now on Tmobile end, it's all just prep work until the actual deal has been closed. TMobile will want to get rid of as much At&t and Verizon roaming as possible. It will take some time to transition customers, but the quicker that TMobile can allow Sprint on its network, the easier it will be.

Sent from my LM-G710 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Note9
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Google Fi, Mint
    Feedback Score
    Everyone seems to be forgetting that Sprint already has Extended service on T-Mobile, and prefers that, along with USCC and C-Spire, over AT&T/Verizon roaming. Initially, nothing would change, and over time, Sprint customers would be moved to the actual T-Mobile network, and then Sprint towers would be either decommissioned or converted into T-Mobile towers.

Hopefully, however, the lawsuits will gum it up long enough to make the merger fail, since it is just as bad of an idea as it was a month or two ago.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6