Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: When/IF T-Sprint is FINAL what will happen to Sprint & TM MVNOs?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    Another difficulty in my location is Sprint voice coverage is superior to TM's almost unusable coverage.
    Most people don't realize that Sprint's voice coverage, with their roaming agreements , is way way better then T-Mobile's voice coverage.

Device(s)
    HTC MyTouch 3G
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint PCS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowyWhite View Post
    I'm concerned about what will T-Mobile do with their own prepaid service.
    One is the $3 a month plan and I have two Legacy Gold lines with ridiculously high balances on them.
    Me too (Legacy Gold)... I wish Tmo would let us do something reasonable with these lines...
    Also worried about Tello.

Device(s)
    HTC MyTouch 3G
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint PCS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishx65 View Post
    Most people don't realize that Sprint's voice coverage, with their roaming agreements , is way way better then T-Mobile's voice coverage.
    That certain WAS true... but with Verizon shutting down CDMA, not sure it will be true going forward.

Feedback Score
    I was comparing TM's prepaid (GR) mostly unusable voice coverage in my area vs. Sprint MVNOs.
    The Sprint MVNOs voice coverage is GOOD & the call quality nonVoLTe is second only to AT&T in my locale.
    If my actions include deeds of philanthropy in charity and acts of loving kindness I am living in my Faith.

Red Pocket (AT&T) UTT 5GB exp 09.27.20
    Good2Go (AT&T) UTT recurring {12*26} $13.38 otd/mo
    T-Mobile Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.11.21
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 07.08.20

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by barryspar View Post
    Is this public information or do you have an inside line? Just curious.

Also any info on the Verizon switch - timing, what prioritization level, etc?
    https://www.tucows.com/wp-content/up...transcript.pdf

Nothing detailed yet on the Verizon switch BUT Ting has until the end of 2020 to get users off TMobile which is so long that it is all but hypothetical in my opinion.
    Last edited by comintel; 07-29-2019 at 01:29 PM.

Feedback Score
    Our contract with Verizon is better than that with T-Mobile in terms of rates
    Wow. I thought Verizon was always aloof about doing good MVNO deals because they insisted they were so good they don't need to compete on price...

Feedback Score
    During their earnings call last week T-Mobile said that they intend to continue to support MVNO's. They also stated during the call that MVNO's utilize a relatively small percentage of their network capacity.

The following is my US$0.02. Take it for what it is worth.

You might as well spend your time worrying about how many angels can dance on the head of a pin rather than concerning yourself with the fate of MVNOs. Once it is implemented, 5G is going to be a major disruptor to telecommunications that pricing plans will look nothing like they do now.

How many people remember paying by the minute for voice or paying on a per text basis? Anybody remember paying for long distance by the minute?

As telecommunications technology has evolved the pricing structures for it have also evolved. 5G is going to be such a dramatic increase in capacity that the carriers will need to shift their stategy to accomodate.

The data you use on your smartphone will become an afterthought the same way voice and texts have become an afterthought now. All the major providers now offer unlimited talk and text. The same thing is going to happen to data. You smartphone data will just get bundled into your plan which will include your streaming video, streaming music, and connected car, connected refridgerator and anything else you want to connect to the Internet of Things.

Feedback Score
    @Breaking Good
    Hopefully then 5G will let the 3/4 carriers offer MUCH better rates on 4G LTE & lower to MVNOs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2