Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: What is the best Sprint Migration plan to move to T-Mobile?

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Checking the definition of rural, if it's a town it's not rural:

ru·ral
    /ˈro͝orəl/
    adjective
    in, relating to, or characteristic of the countryside rather than the town.
    "remote rural areas"

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by NotABiot View Post
    Checking the definition of rural, if it's a town it's not rural:

ru·ral
    /ˈro͝orəl/
    adjective
    in, relating to, or characteristic of the countryside rather than the town.
    "remote rural areas"
    The dictionary definitions aren't exactly the best things to follow when you're discussing a settlement hierarchy -- in which the full term you actually needed to look up is "township". In the government structure that defines it -- Townships have low populations and can cover 50 square miles... which makes them rural. Go drive out to a farm some day, you'll be in the Town of Such-and-such. But yet, some towns will have larger populations than some cities... like the Town of Hempstead in NY, with over 750,000 people... larger than the City of Buffalo.

So, perhaps it's better to use the urban/suburban/rural terms as it pertains to the density of an area... rather than being pedantic over a word that's definition doesn't match its use?

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloTF View Post
    ... you'll be in the Town of Such-and-such. But yet, some towns will have larger populations than some cities... like the Town of Hempstead in NY, with over 750,000 people... larger than the City of Buffalo.....
    This is entirely dependent on state law. Some states have different laws for Cities, Towns, Villages and Hamlets. My state only has Cities. Here, the smallest incorporated Hamlet is a "City". Townships can either be legal entities with elected boards (e.g. Ohio) or something known only to land surveyors. It just depends on how the state organizes it.
    Donald Newcomb

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloTF View Post
    The dictionary definitions aren't exactly the best things to follow when you're discussing a settlement hierarchy -- in which the full term you actually needed to look up is "township". In the government structure that defines it -- Townships have low populations and can cover 50 square miles... which makes them rural. Go drive out to a farm some day, you'll be in the Town of Such-and-such. But yet, some towns will have larger populations than some cities... like the Town of Hempstead in NY, with over 750,000 people... larger than the City of Buffalo.

So, perhaps it's better to use the urban/suburban/rural terms as it pertains to the density of an area... rather than being pedantic over a word that's definition doesn't match its use?
    That sounds even more pedantic. It's more simple and sensible to say that if it's a town or larger, it's not rural. And vice versa.

"Township" is actually pretty much irrelevant to the the discussion, so I didn't need to look it up. As it so often is just rolling fields with farms..... and when you get to the crossroads and find some churches a bar, a bunch of houses, etc, you know you in town, for sure. Most of the "townships" I see are rural expanses of land: fields and woods, and the towns are islands within the townships.

And the census bureau provides a quite reasonable cutoff between what is town and what isn't.

Device(s)
    iPhone (Silver) Xs Max 256GB
    Carrier(s)
    (Dual Sim) T-Mobile - Unleash the Data Hounds!!! Xfinity Mobile (Verizon)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by p6B5Nm5b View Post
    It’s not JUST spectrum... Verizon has been circling the drain for a while now. Almost zero customer growth. No practical 5G plan. Negative brand perception except among old people do to poor technology choices (CDMA) and their insanely stupid Go90 flop.

Hard to find signs of intelligent life at Verizon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    All their choices to get into media of ANY KIND have been complete failures.

They do seem to be less aggressive than years past I will say.

The New T-Mobile
    Hofo Veteran - Magenta Disciple

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Wide_opeN View Post
    All their choices to get into media of ANY KIND have been complete failures.

They do seem to be less aggressive than years past I will say.

The New T-Mobile
    I see the current special to offer one month of Youtube TV for free.

Big deal, you can get free trials WITHOUT giving big green to Big Red.

Now, show us Youtube TV included with each month of Verizon service. Yeah, that might make me stay with it, to be honest.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3