Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: So strange..

Device(s)
    Iphone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by veriztd View Post
    Obviously the crook had enough information to convince the rep to access your account. Yes, it sucks. I would ask Cricket to see if any additional safeguards could be added to the account to help secure your account.

Sometimes, the crook submits such requests online without speaking with an actual person as long as they can identify the account holder's information.
    Yeah, thats what im thinking.. i think he got into my account and i DIDNT have the safe pin on for online which i had no idea about anything could ever happen.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by David19 View Post
    Also found out today the dude reported a lost/stolen card and it was mailed to him today it wasnt activated yet when i caught he did it. so now they froze my account and sending me a new card. its CRAZY how they can sim swap ur phone and know exactly what banks and credit company you use. i don't get it.
    Well if you know where the person lives because it would have been sent to his address, then the police have someone to go after.

It sounds like they're in your email account because you more than likely have your cricket and your bank and other things all sending notifications to that same email. All they have to do is get access to that email.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Once they hijack your phone they reset your passwords to your other accounts and they can do it in minutes. They need to move fast before it is detected.

Device(s)
    Iphone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    They def didn't have my email it shows me all the logins with gmail. credit card companys have had breaches lately and my social def got out and they called pretending to be me.. which my PIN code was my last 4 of my social which was dumb on my part. so they took control of that then phone text reset my passwords they even applied for credit cards in my name. its crazy what they all can do to you. but it woke me up to be more protected over my stuff.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Glad you got things patched up. I am looking to move away from 2 factor authentication via text so if a scammer were to steal my Cricket account via SIM swap it wouldn’t matter. I had an issue a few years ago where someone hacked my PayPal account and started withdrawing money via payments to a fake retailer. I kept getting alerts in real time which was really weird. PayPal responded and fixed it immediately.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2