Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Tracfone New Unlimited Smartphone Plans

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by @$#£€¥_001 View Post
    I bought the unlimited plan this morning then checked my balances & it says 200000 minutes, 200000 messages, 3072mb of data. I originally had about 90 minutes, 534 messages & 0mb of data.

You bought the $30 3GB one?
    Did it increase your service days by 30?

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    I bought the unlimited plan this morning then checked my balances & it says 200000 minutes, 200000 messages, 3072mb of data. I originally had about 90 minutes, 534 messages & 0mb of data.
    That's interesting. I wonder how the balances will look when someone is no longer on an UL plan.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    That's interesting. I wonder how the balances will look when someone is no longer on an UL plan.
    Got a PM from Alex that said the data from unlimited plans do not carry. As usual with info from Alex, I have doubts, but if that's really the case then what they have implemented is a restoration of your balance from just before the UL plan. That would explain why they can't do autofill and why they tell you not to add any cards.

Also, sounds like if your data runs out you revert to your previous balance as well. Does that mean your unlimited voice & text go away? Say you get the UL + 1GB plan and use up all the 1GB on the first day. Do you still have 29 days of UL voice & text??

Here's the note from Alex:

Hi rchang. This is Alex from TracFone Wireless. If you switch from a PayGo plan to the Unlimited Talk and Text plan, an additional 30 days will be added to the PayGo service end date. You will begin consuming the PayGo benefits once the Unlimited Talk and Text plan expires or once the data from the unlimited plan is consumed. When the unlimited plan expires in 30 days, you will lose any remaining data from the unlimited talk and text plan. At that point, you will automatically begin using the remaining PayGo benefits (up until the service end date). ...

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    The Unlimited plan seems to be stating that unused data only carries over as long as you keep an unlimited plan in effect. If you let the last added 30-day Unlimited plan expire, you're carried over Data expires with it. I do not believe the unlimited plans and classic plans mix, although the statement about the 30 Days from unlimited being added to the classic plan days is confusing.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rchang View Post
    Also, sounds like if your data runs out you revert to your previous balance as well. Does that mean your unlimited voice & text go away? Say you get the UL + 1GB plan and use up all the 1GB on the first day. Do you still have 29 days of UL voice & text??
    Only your data will revert to your previous data balance if you used up the data amount added with the UL card. You still have the remaining service days with unlimited talk/text.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyLC View Post
    I think it is a glitch.

It is only 30 days and agree, except that it is only for Smartphones.
    I did not find it via the website, only via the app and it doesn't always show.
    It appeared on only one of my phones. All Verizon.
    It would be a really good deal if it offered the 60 days.
    I just checked on one of my phones, a Verizon Tracfone purchased last November. Tracfone seems to have enacted some form of add-on offer roulette. First I was offered the 500/500/500/60D for $10, next time 3 minutes later I was offered the (normally $30) 120-minute basic airtime tripled for $10 = 360/360/360/90days (the Tracfone gift of TMFL has come and gone and come at times since last November).
    Unfortunately, I am trying to reduce the balances not add more before combining two phones.

The global card add on offer has no description... showing only $10, you must click it to see what you get for $10.
    It seems to get the roulette wheel to spin you must click on another category of airtime in between clicking add-ons.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Now I`m offered the 1GB Unlimited plan for $10. Normally $20.

It seems to be making a reduced price offer of the last category you just looked at.

OK, now once again its offering me the 120 minute basic airtime tripled, for $10.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S7
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Yes, I bought the $30 plan & it did give me 30 service days. The only place I could get the balance from was *777*1#. The app, website & 611611 all gave me error messages.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S7
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyLC View Post
    You bought the $30 3GB one?
    Did it increase your service days by 30?
    Yes, I bought the $30 plan & it did give me 30 service days. The only place I could get the balance from was *777*1#. The app, website & 611611 all gave me error messages.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    If Tracfone mixes in the unlimited 30 days with your built up classic/basic days, how would you easily know when the unlimited plan expires?
    You need a countdown of only the 30 days.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    Now I`m offered the 1GB Unlimited plan for $10. Normally $20.

It seems to be making a reduced price offer of the last category you just looked at.

OK, now once again its offering me the 120 minute basic airtime tripled, for $10.
    When I select one of the crazy deals, it transforms into the Global Card.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Yeah... a broken glitch
    I just got offered the power plus 4500/4500/4500/365 days for $10
    Like you, when I attempted a purchase, it turned into the global card.

If you click often and long enough you are probably offered every airtime for $10.
    New Tracfone ploy to get the customer excited.

Feedback Score
    What I wonder is why would TF want to switch to Unlimited monthly plans when they already have those with ST, TW, SM. So they're probably just going to offer them as an option, maybe for people who've never considered Unlimited before or for TF customers who've been thinking of switching to an Unlimited plan with another company.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    Yeah... a broken glitch
    I just got offered the power plus 4500/4500/4500/365 days for $10
    Like you, when I attempted a purchase, it turned into the global card.

If you click often and long enough you are probably offered every airtime for $10.
    New Tracfone ploy to get the customer excited.
    How many minutes? Spin the wheel.

Name:  minutes.gif
Views: 295
Size:  988.9 KB

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    Only your data will revert to your previous data balance if you used up the data amount added with the UL card. You still have the remaining service days with unlimited talk/text.
    Had to read the Alex statement a few times, and it does seem like data from the PayGo plan is released if the UL data runs out. Otherwise, the PayGo and UL plans are isolated.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast