Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Tracfone New Unlimited Smartphone Plans

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    On the website pictured above and in the phone app it says unlimited carryover data.
    Couldn't make out the text on my phone earlier.

Feedback Score
    Screenshots from the mobile site

Sent from my A502DL using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisme View Post
    It's a little circle with an R in it.
    Thanks, I finally got the website w/Unlimited on my PC browsers and can see everything. Works on Chrome in the phone too.

Feedback Score
    It now shows up in the MyAccount app.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cv91913 View Post
    This looks like it would only work for people who add one of these cards every month.
    These have no auto-Refill option? Having to add a card each month manually is a pain. Do they figure nobody would use them ongoing?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kevdogg32901 View Post
    One note to add. Is there unlimited 2g data the rest of the month once the number is used up?
    That might go back to the "what happens to service already on the phone?" question. Can the stored data amount be used if the unlimited plan data runs out? This is not a regular prepaid monthly plan though, which usually throttle data.

Feedback Score

Q & A's from the Tracfone FAQS:

1. How do the TF Unlimited Plans work?The TF Unlimited Plans are only for smartphones. They offer unlimited talk and text for 30 days with a set amount of high-speed data. Unused data will not expire if the service is active and in use with one of our Unlimited Talk & Text plans.

2. What happens with my current benefits (minutes, text and data) if I add any of the new Unlimited Talk & Text plans?
    You will keep your current benefits. None of it will be lost. Also, the current expiration date will be extended by 30 additional days when you add the new Unlimited Talk & Text plan. You can use your previous benefits once the Unlimited Talk & Text plan expires.

3. What happens after my Unlimited Talk & Text plan expires?
    You can refill your service with an Unlimited Talk & Text plan or any other plan you want. If you have a previous balance, you will automatically begin to use it.

4. What happens if I want to go back to my previous plan?
    If you decide to go back to your previous plan, just let the Unlimited Talk & Text plan expire. Then, you will be able to use your previous benefits/plan automatically.

5. Do the new Unlimited Talk & Text plans triple minutes?
    No.

6. Do I lose my triple minutes benefit if I add an Unlimited Talk & Text plan?
    No.

7. an I enroll in Auto-Refill after adding a new Unlimited Talk & Text plan?
    Auto-Refill is not available for the Unlimited Talk & Text plans at the moment.

8. Can I add add-on cards to my Unlimited Talk & Text plan?
    You can add Data add-ons as well as Global Calling add-ons to make international calls. You do not need to add any Text-only or Minutes-only add-ons because this is an Unlimited Talk & Text plan.

9. Why can't I add a text-only card or a minutes-only card to my Unlimited Talk & Text plan?
    You do not need to add any Text-only or Minutes-only add-ons because this plan offers unlimited talk & text for 30 days.

That is all.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyLC View Post

Thanks very much! Had not bothered to look there.
    https://support.tracfone.com/express...nlimited-plans

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    Can the stored data amount be used if the unlimited plan data runs out? This is not a regular prepaid monthly plan though, which usually throttle data.
    I don't see why not. Basically, when you add an Unlimited Talk/Text card to an active phone, the data amount (1GB, 2GB, or 3GB) is added to your existing data bucket and deducted as usual. No units are added to the talk/text buckets, and none deducted during the 30 days that the Unlimited card is in effect.

Feedback Score
    This could be a real game changer. Cuts through the overly complicated mess of airtime cards that turn many potential customers away. It needs Auto-Refill though.

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score

<jaw drop>

An FAQ already? So much detail for a brand new option?

So unlike TF.

Feedback Score
    Put one of the Unlimited plans in the cart, and it would not let me buy any add-ons except the ILD card. It will not back up to the main purchase page that has all the plans. Put a text card in the cart, and it would not show the Unlimited plans on the main purchase page.

Looks like if you want to add data to an Unlimited plan, it would have to be a separate transaction.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S, Moto e, Lumia 635, Moto G 2nd
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhone x3, PPCx2, TMo2Go, TracfoneX3, H20, Tello
    Feedback Score

1. (...) Unused data will not expire if the service is active and in use with one of our Unlimited Talk & Text plans.
    I don't know how to interpret this. So unless you keep the service active on one of those UT&T plans, you lose whatever data you had carried over from the UT&T plans? or from the "classic plans" too? or from both?

I'd expect that the "classic" data bucket just gets added whatever GBs your UT&T plan offers right at the beginning and at the end of the 30-days period, the remaining data in your bucket will still behave like with the "classic" plans (i.e. you don't lose any data if you still have services days left after the 30 days) even if you go back to "classic" mode. Otherwise it creates a second tier data bucket. It's not clear.

Feedback Score
    Read the FAQ about TMFL and unlimited plans: they should have said that the talk & text triple, but the data does not.

I get the feeling that if you added a minutes add-on card to your account during the 30 days of an unlimited plan, bad things will happen!

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rchang View Post
    I get the feeling that if you added a minutes add-on card to your account during the 30 days of an unlimited plan, bad things will happen!
    Why would anyone want to add a "minutes" add-on or "texts" add-on during the time when they're having unlimited talks and text?

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast