Thread: why do old basic phones require an sd card for usb connection ?

Feedback Score

why do old basic phones require an sd card for usb connection ?

why do old basic phones (proprietary os) need an sd card in them before connecting to a computer as a disk ?
    why can't they mount the internal storage ?

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Can you explain a little more ? What is actually happening ? Are you getting an error message and if so, what error message are you receiving ? What phone make/model are you experiencing this with ? Are you attempting to use the phone like an external drive (like a thumb drive) ? It is hard to offer advice without more information.

I have always been able to connect via USB even if there is no SIM present in the phone. The only thing I can't do with an active SIM is place/receive calls via a cellular signal.
    Don't make me turn this car around.....

Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by veriztd View Post
    Can you explain a little more ? What is actually happening ? Are you getting an error message and if so, what error message are you receiving ? What phone make/model are you experiencing this with ? Are you attempting to use the phone like an external drive (like a thumb drive) ? It is hard to offer advice without more information.

I have always been able to connect via USB even if there is no SIM present in the phone. The only thing I can't do with an active SIM is place/receive calls via a cellular signal.
    The OP is talking about an SD (storage) card, not a SIM card.

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk
    Cell phone history:
    Motorola DPC 550 - Ericsson DF388 - Sanyo SCP-4000 - Samsung SCH-N150 - Samsung SCH-T300 - LG TM520 - LG VX-4600 - BlackBerry 6750 - BlackBerry 7250 - Samsung SGH-807 - T-Mobile Dash - Motorola RAZR - BlackBerry Bold 9000 - BlackBerry Torch 9800 - Samsung Galaxy S Captivate (rooted) - Samsung Nexus S - Samsung Galaxy S III LTE (rooted, running SlimBean 4.3) - Oppo Find 7a - Moto X Play - OnePlus 3T Midnight Black Limited Edition - Huawei P20 Pro

Feedback Score
    i meant why do they require an external sd card before you can connect it to a computer as a flash drive.