Redwood Valley,NorCal/but SoCal Born and Raised/Pocatello,ID
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10+, Samsung Galaxy Watch (AT&T), Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by brad15 View Post
    I have one in my house too (1915 building)

Mine I have to have in the center of the house, otherwise I lose it by the time i get to the back, I'm not sure how you are picking one up that far away, as by the time I get to the street it's long gone.
    That was my question, unless the app is lying to me.

Device(s)
    LG G7 (T-Mobile), iPhone 8 (AT&T)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ilvla2 View Post
    Maybe he likes clean air and water, and values his sanity
    That would also depend on the rural area. Baker, Mojave and many of the desert communities have quite poor air quality, as do some of the central valley areas.
    AT&T... your world, throttled.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s+ 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by adam1991 View Post
    I'm going to guess it's an error. There's no way one is reaching more than 3000ft from where it's stationed.
    Left: Verizon Unlimited LTE, Right: WideOpenWest 500/50

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by adam1991 View Post

would it be possible to have the personal cellspot hooked up outside the home
    or in a garage ??

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro 256 GB Midnight Green
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ilvla2 View Post
    Maybe he likes clean air and water, and values his sanity
    Hey now, I live in a city with great drinking water and the AQI is at 38! But we have a giant lake next to us...

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Chicago, IL
    2+46+46+46+4

Device(s)
    Note9
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Google Fi, Mint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by formercanuck View Post
    Technically ... Metro/Micro/Pico are relatively small urban cells femto cells are what companies are branding as "microcells" ..
    Except that Metrocells in Verizon parlance were mini-macros mounted low on towers in a metro area outside of the urban core. They were a flop, so there's that....

Feedback Score
    I'm going to guess it's an error. There's no way one is reaching more than 3000ft from where it's stationed.
    yeah, but the fact that it sees them at all is weird. At least, it's showing them to me on the map. And we're talking up to a kilometer away.

Device(s)
    N/A
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless;
    Feedback Score
    The Verizon version of these have a power control (which as far as I know is controlled by the carrier, not the end user), I recall reading a few people called in to have the range turned up or down a bit. Maybe this one's just cranked up to full power for some reason.

That said.. 2 up is not too great but *shrug*. Personally, I wouldn't sweat getting 57 down and 2 up.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hwertz View Post
    Personally, I wouldn't sweat getting 57 down and 2 up.
    except, last year it wasn't like that.

Device(s)
    OnePlus 6T
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    My parents' use a personal TMo Cellspot in Palm Desert, CA and the range is barely enough to cover their house (3500sqft) with a weak signal (it doesn't quite get the garage actually).

It doesn't help that it's concrete construction. So, it's hard to see a situation like with Wi-Fi where my phone is locking onto weak carriers driving by public hotspots. As the map formercanuck has above the green area doesn't go off the property. I wish I could boost the power, but then we would have a real problem at large...

And I often disable Wi-Fi as it's so bad.

Device(s)
    LG G7 (T-Mobile), iPhone 8 (AT&T)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Open WiFi typically isn't all that great unless you're in a place you know/trust and not moving. In a vehicle WiFi can be annoying on-off service.

Device(s)
    N/A
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless;
    Feedback Score
    So, it's hard to see a situation like with Wi-Fi where my phone is locking onto weak carriers driving by public hotspots
    I've seen it. One town in NE Iowa (don't recall which) you stop right near the top of a hill at a 4 way stop. Native VZW service there is quite poor. Someone along that hill has an extender all cranked out, it has service along the road for about half a block. if they ever loooked at the log they'd probably have 200 or 300 phones a day locking onto it for like 20 or 30 seconds .

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s+ 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hwertz View Post
    I've seen it. One town in NE Iowa (don't recall which) you stop right near the top of a hill at a 4 way stop. Native VZW service there is quite poor. Someone along that hill has an extender all cranked out, it has service along the road for about half a block. if they ever loooked at the log they'd probably have 200 or 300 phones a day locking onto it for like 20 or 30 seconds .
    I did put a Yagi antenna on the one at my grandpa's farm. There's zero cell service usable from ANYONE on the property. It did reach the entire house and most of the yard, and half of the barn with that setup. I was quite impressed with the range it could do with the proper antenna.

But that was on the 3G model, the 4G model he got for a replacement does not have an external antenna port, so I had to do mesh WiFi everywhere for his 50/2 VDSL2 connection (YES, his mom-n-pop telephone only give 2Mbps upload on that) - but luckily the DSLAM is right at the end of his driveway, so i guess it's better than nothing.

Device(s)
    Note9
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Google Fi, Mint
    Feedback Score
    (YES, his mom-n-pop telephone only give 2Mbps upload on that) - but luckily the DSLAM is right at the end of his driveway, so i guess it's better than nothing.
    WOW. That must be super frustrating. If the RDSLAM is at the end of the driveway, you know his house is getting well over 100/20 sync speed from it (or at least could be if they pair bonded)..... It's like Frontier that cut back uploads for no reason after AT&T increased them on their U-Verse gear. ARGH.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast