Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New T-Mobile $3/month plan accounts will be managed by Ultra Mobile

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeswap View Post
    I just saw this on Reddit. Apparently new $3 plan and Tourist plan accounts will be managed by Ultra Mobile. There are some user unfriendly elements to this change:
    • You can only activate the $3 plan at T-Mobile stores, so no more online activations with cheap eBay T-Mobile SIMs.
    • No more domestic voice and text roaming.
    • You can only refill your account by purchasing PINs at T-Mobile stores. Ultra PINs do not work. T-Mobile PINs as sold by Target, Callingmart, etc. probably won't either.

[/URL]
    Oh this sucks. I used to enjoy the flexibility to flip between the $40 prepaid plan and the $3/month plan whenever my usage situation requires it. Does that mean if you're on the $3/month plan you're stuck permanently?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by muu1 View Post
    Wow this change is pretty rough.

I called UltraMobile and it seems you can't even port-in a number to their version of the $3/mo PayGo plan.

Does anyone know a similarly low priced alternative for low minute/text usage and no data on a non-AT&T network?
    It seems to me that you should be able to port in because the rules for port in are government regulated not just made up by what the company wants to do.

Below is an article about reasons for a port in being rejected.

https://talkroute.com/was-your-numbe...8-reasons-why/

Sometimes, a number simply can’t get ported. According to the FCC, “If you are moving to a new geographic area, you may not be able to keep your current phone number when changing providers. Also, some rural wireline service providers may obtain waivers for the porting requirement from state authorities.”

Most of the time, however, porting your number is just part and parcel of switching carriers. If you haven’t cancelled service with your old provider first or you aren’t trying to go with a new carrier who doesn’t have an agreement with your current one, you should be able to port your number with ease. The process usually costs nothing and takes anywhere from several days to a few weeks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2