Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Cricket needs to step their game up

Device(s)
    iPhone SE, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    3 lines on Sprint, 1 line on Verizon
    Feedback Score
    The only thing keeping me from switching to TW is the lack of hotspot availability on TW. I need hotspot on one of my 4 lines.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Feedback Score
    This Cricket forum has really come to a standstill which, I assume, is because a lot of people have already ported out. I finally bailed last week and moved my single line to the 25gb Wally/At&t Prepaid plan. Cricket can't even come close to 25gb with hotspot and higher speeds for $33.00 after autopay and discounted refills. Besides the grandfathered 5 for $100.00 is there still a reason to even be with Cricket???? At least I'm still in the At&t family but I really don't have a choice because they're the only carrier besides Sprint that works at the hunting cabin.
    Last edited by Fishx65; 09-18-2019 at 06:46 AM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishx65 View Post
    Besides the grandfathered 5 for $100.00 is there still a reason to even be with Cricket????
    IDK, but surely all of us on the 5/100 are still here until they kick us out

Device(s)
    iPhone XR 128 GB white ( sim free)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless $35/5GB
    Feedback Score
    This Cricket forum has really come to a standstill which, I assume, is because a lot of people have already ported out. I finally bailed last week and moved my single line to the 25gb Wally/At&t Prepaid plan. Cricket can't even come close to 25gb with hotspot and higher speeds for $33.00 after autopay and discounted refills. Besides the grandfathered 5 for $100.00 is there still a reason to even be with Cricket???? At least I'm still in the At&t family but I really don't have a choice because they're the only carrier besides Sprint that works at the hunting cabin.
    They still have 10 millions subs, people in this forum is a little tiny, intangible fraction, so i think they don’t really affect them. Have you checked reddit? People just moved away from traditional forum to newer and more popular social platform. Not only this cricket forum is dead but also other forums if you check around, hardly new posts Visible reddit and Cricket reddit are always packed over there., including Att and Verizon or T mobile. My 2 cents Of observation.

Device(s)
    Qualcomm iPhone X 256 GB Space Grey
    Carrier(s)
    Visible
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mtr999 View Post
    They still have 10 millions subs, people in this forum is a little tiny, intangible fraction, so i think they don’t really affect them. Have you checked reddit? People just moved away from traditional forum to newer and more popular social platform. Not only this cricket forum is dead but also other forums if you check around, hardly new posts Visible reddit and Cricket reddit are always packed over there., including Att and Verizon or T mobile. My 2 cents Of observation.
    The Visible reddit page isn’t always a good thing about that being blown up lol most are people stating complaints about their poor experiences. Personally my experience has been good. Just high ping times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    iPhone 7+ on the Verizon Network
    iPad Pro 9.7 on the AT&T Network

Device(s)
    iPhone XR 128 GB white ( sim free)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless $35/5GB
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by freakonomics101 View Post
    The Visible reddit page isn’t always a good thing about that being blown up lol most are people stating complaints about their poor experiences. Personally my experience has been good. Just high ping times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I like to read Visible Reddit, always something to learn, lol a lot of people including you like Visible and also a lot of people don’t like and trying to get out. Good read anyway.

Feedback Score
    Been just over a month since I jumped from Cricket over to the 25gb At&t Prepaid Wally plan. I don't really pay attention to data speeds but the biggest difference I've noticed is that my calls go through way faster.

Device(s)
    Motorola MOTO X4, Iphone 6S On VZW (Wife's)
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhone, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Been just over a month since I jumped from Cricket over to the 25gb At&t Prepaid Wally plan. I don't really pay attention to data speeds but the biggest difference I've noticed is that my calls go through way faster.
    I noticed that also when I switched from Cricket to AT&T Prepaid. I also had issues where I wasn't receiving some texts when I was on Cricket & I have not had that problem since switching to AT&T Prepaid.

Device(s)
    Cricket E5 Supra, Stylo 4, metro Moto e5
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket,vzw,metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    This is even more true with vzw visible now offering 4/$100. If they can get more Android compatable handsets and other c/s issues, they're going to be very serious competition.

Device(s)
    Moto X 2015
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dust N Bones View Post
    I noticed that also when I switched from Cricket to AT&T Prepaid. I also had issues where I wasn't receiving some texts when I was on Cricket & I have not had that problem since switching to AT&T Prepaid.
    There have been a couple of times when my wife didn’t get text messages for a few hours.

Device(s)
    Alcatel Fierce 2, VMoto E, Kyocera Icon, Lumia 640, Several Dumb Phones
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Smartel, FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by plane View Post
    This is even more true with vzw visible now offering 4/$100. If they can get more Android compatable handsets and other c/s issues, they're going to be very serious competition.
    Visible is going to blow them out of the water, in time. Although all Cricket's got to do is give free, unlimited hotspot, like Visible.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by s52m3 View Post
    IDK, but surely all of us on the 5/100 are still here until they kick us out
    that's what I was thinking but I have a bunch of cricket credit saved up and seriously considering switching to tmobile since they are now implementing the 600mhz bands or total wireless with this crazy data plan.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gwite View Post
    Visible is going to blow them out of the water, in time. Although all Cricket's got to do is give free, unlimited hotspot, like Visible.
    well, Visible's hotspot is limited:

+Mobile hotspot speeds capped at 5 Mbps and limited to one tethered device at a time.
    It's just a different kind of limited compared to Cricket:

*Mobile Hotspot req’s compatible device. For plans with high-speed data allowances: download speeds max of 8Mbps(LTE)/4Mbps(4G). Data speeds will be reduced to 128Kbps max if you exceed your plan’s monthly data allowance.
    Pick your poison. Me, I prefer Cricket and tethering at the fastest speed the carrier will allow for, for as many people as I want to connect to the hotspot, with a hard slowdown at the 15GB (or whatever) limit.

But then you have to compare the prices. Cricket: 4 lines for $130/mo. Visible: $100/month. Pick your poison.

And then there's Cricket's family pay vs Visible's party pay. Pick your poison.

It's hard for me to get past "Visible is Verizon; they'll figure a way to screw it up". My family has 3 Cricket More lines for $110; I would probably move them to 3 Visible lines for $90, except Visible is still stuck on "must have VZW compatible phone" except for the very few other phones they support today (I don't do iPhones).

And a VZW compatible phone, as opposed to unlocked and away from VZW control, is a deal breaker for me.

I guess I'm waiting for the phone selection to be greater/more flexible, plus getting a better vibe that they aren't doing business the old-school VZW way.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by adam1991 View Post
    well, Visible's hotspot is limited:

It's just a different kind of limited compared to Cricket:

Pick your poison. Me, I prefer Cricket and tethering at the fastest speed the carrier will allow for, for as many people as I want to connect to the hotspot, with a hard slowdown at the 15GB (or whatever) limit.

But then you have to compare the prices. Cricket: 4 lines for $130/mo. Visible: $100/month. Pick your poison.

And then there's Cricket's family pay vs Visible's party pay. Pick your poison.

It's hard for me to get past "Visible is Verizon; they'll figure a way to screw it up". My family has 3 Cricket More lines for $110; I would probably move them to 3 Visible lines for $90, except Visible is still stuck on "must have VZW compatible phone" except for the very few other phones they support today (I don't do iPhones).

And a VZW compatible phone, as opposed to unlocked and away from VZW control, is a deal breaker for me.

I guess I'm waiting for the phone selection to be greater/more flexible, plus getting a better vibe that they aren't doing business the old-school VZW way.
    But Visible hotspot is not limited... at least not for the two months I used it. Full speeds, same as phone on the R2 and an iPhone 6.

This person experienced the same.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWRe6kExQKs

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by energyx View Post
    But Visible hotspot is not limited... at least not for the two months I used it. Full speeds, same as phone on the R2 and an iPhone 6.

This person experienced the same.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWRe6kExQKs
    All I know is what they say. And you can't make decisions based on anything else.

And for that matter, Cricket may be doing exactly what Visible is.

No doubt right now the verbiage is more CYA than anything, on both services. It's likely easier to SAY it for marketing purposes and not bother actually engineering the limitation in--but someone's going to ruin it for everyone, no doubt. That's how the world works.

Regardless, to say "I saw a guy on the internet get 24/19 on Visible!" and assume that is normal for every user, is not a good idea.

Visible hotspot is, administratively, limited in its own way just like Cricket is, administratively, limited in *its* own way.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast