Thread: Mexico & Canada Roaming

Feedback Score

Mexico & Canada Roaming

If you have been to Canada or Mexico recently, could you please share your roaming experience? Was it good overall? Slow?

I'm assuming data on AT&T MX is full speed, right?
    Also, from what I read, the only provider prepaid can roam on in Canada is Rogers?

Device(s)
    iPhone Xr
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Prepaid, Cricket
    Feedback Score
    I have taken a few trips, each about a week long, to Ciudad Juarez over the last few months on AT&T Prepaid ($50 8GB plan, $40 after auto-pay discount).

On my first trip I realized I needed to turn on "roaming" in my Cellular options (iPhone Xr) to get any connection, but once I did that it worked generally ok.

When I was getting data / calls everything seemed usable - I did not specifically try to stream anything or speed test to check real speed or latency numbers.

On each trip I did notice a period of time when my iPhone Xr claimed signal strength and a good connection, but no data was functional. I can't recall for sure, I think I "flushed" it out by either flipping Airplane more off/on or flipping Cellular Data off/on. The bummer about this was everything was just timing out - the phone and apps seemed to think they had a valid connection.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nord0296 View Post
    I have taken a few trips, each about a week long, to Ciudad Juarez over the last few months on AT&T Prepaid ($50 8GB plan, $40 after auto-pay discount).

On my first trip I realized I needed to turn on "roaming" in my Cellular options (iPhone Xr) to get any connection, but once I did that it worked generally ok.

When I was getting data / calls everything seemed usable - I did not specifically try to stream anything or speed test to check real speed or latency numbers.

On each trip I did notice a period of time when my iPhone Xr claimed signal strength and a good connection, but no data was functional. I can't recall for sure, I think I "flushed" it out by either flipping Airplane more off/on or flipping Cellular Data off/on. The bummer about this was everything was just timing out - the phone and apps seemed to think they had a valid connection.
    Thanks for sharing. Hhhmm, I wonder if the timeouts you experienced were due to the fact that it's prepaid or due to bad AT&T MX coverage?

Device(s)
    LG G7 ThinQ
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone (BYOP AT&T SIM)
    Feedback Score
    Just got back from Ontario. Roamed on Rogers just fine. Posted here: https://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?p=17089314