Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Help make my DH happy.(Time for a new phone)

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by anncan View Post
    Ugh!! Got this email today.

MOG5SP32BGD 1 G5S Plus XT1806 32GB Smartphone (Unlocked, Blush G
    We regret to inform you that due to a system error the ordered merchandise is not in stock.""
    We apologize for this inconvenience.
    Now I need to look around again!!
    A Moto G6 is going for $150 - $20 more.

[Edit] Weight is something to keep in mind about the Moto G6. It is a heavy phone. It weighs 8 ounces bare. Mine weighs 9-7/8 ounces in a hybrid holster case. The phone glass back is very slippery and needs a case IMHO.
    Last edited by bobdevnul; 07-16-2019 at 12:26 PM.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Ugh!! Got this email today.

MOG5SP32BGD1G5S Plus XT1806 32GB Smartphone (Unlocked, Blush G
    We regret to inform you that due to a system error the ordered merchandise is not in stock.""
    We apologize for this inconvenience.
    Now I need to look around again!!
    Moto G6 unlocked from Google Fi for $99. Details here:
    https://slickdeals.net/f/13114810-32...eSearchV2Algo1

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Help make my DH happy.(Time for a new phone)

Post deleted (error).

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Unfortunately, my area gets the best signal from Verizon. I don't think Google Go is a good choice.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Unfortunately, my area gets the best signal from Verizon. I don't think Google Go is a good choice.
    You don't have to use it on Google Fi. What people do is purchase the phone, activate it on Fi to get the discount, use for a few days, then cancel the account. Approximate cost: $99 (phone)+$20(talk+text)+$10/GB data+taxes&fees. The phone is unlocked and compatible with Verizon.

Carrier(s)
    VZW - Work / T-Mobile (iPhone)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Moto G6 Unlocked Amazon Prime Exclusive Version is $109.99 today ( for Prime Day) -- this is the version with the preinstalled Amazon Apps.

Black or Oyster - https://www.amazon.com/Moto-G6-Unloc...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Other Prime Day Phones

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Help make my DH happy.(Time for a new phone)

I don't recommend any phone with preinstalled Amazon apps since these apps tend to cause lags and slowdowns and you can't get rid of them completely (you may be able to disable them but it take some tinkering).

There's also an open-box deal for the Moto G6 for $88 on eBay if you're willing to take a chance:
    https://slickdeals.net/f/13225093-32...?src=frontpage

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by user1name View Post
    You don't have to use it on Google Fi. What people do is purchase the phone, activate it on Fi to get the discount, use for a few days, then cancel the account. Approximate cost: $99 (phone)+$20(talk+text)+$10/GB data+taxes&fees. The phone is unlocked and compatible with Verizon.
    I did not know that. Probably not something that is advertised.
    This would give me a chance to check out the other big carriers in my area. I've been curious if there has been any improvement locally in recent years. I see new towers and wondered who was using them.
    If I'm understanding you correctly, get Googl Fi phone , activate account and use my own number. Then try it out for awhile. After that I could switch to Red Pocket, transferring my own number to them?
    I rather like this suggestion.
    Any thing else I should know about going this route?
    Big concern is losing the phone number we're had for 45 years.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I didn't know that. Very interested in this. Google Fi would give me the opportunity to see if any of the other carriers have improved in my area.
    If Google Fi has the other biggies, but not Verizon, why is the phone capable of running on Verizon?
    So, what I would do is get the Google Fi deal, activate it, port my number, try it out, and if it doesn't work out, then cancel with them and go to Red Pocket?
    My big concern is losing my number, we've had it 45 years. Porting always makes me a bit nervous.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I don't recommend any phone with preinstalled Amazon apps since these apps tend to cause lags and slowdowns and you can't get rid of them completely (you may be able to disable them but it take some tinkering).

There's also an open-box deal for the Moto G6 for $88 on eBay if you're willing to take a chance:
    https://slickdeals.net/f/13225093-32...?src=frontpage
    I've not had a problem with my Moto E4 Plus 32gb Amazon edition. I hardly know the apps are there, and while they can't be removed they can be disabled.
    The Amazon ad lock screen they used to force you to have was removed long ago.
    At today's price of 109.99 I find it an attractive option vs playing games with Google fi. A return to Amazon should be easy if not satisfied.
    But I would certainly add a memory card for more storage.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I didn't know that. Very interested in this. Google Fi would give me the opportunity to see if any of the other carriers have improved in my area.
    If Google Fi has the other biggies, but not Verizon, why is the phone capable of running on Verizon?
    So, what I would do is get the Google Fi deal, activate it, port my number, try it out, and if it doesn't work out, then cancel with them and go to Red Pocket?
    My big concern is losing my number, we've had it 45 years. Porting always makes me a bit nervous.
    You don't have to port in your number if you don't want to. When you buy the phone from Google Fi, they give you the option of getting a brand new number. So activate and use the phone with the new number. Then cancel the line after a few days (or the whole month). Take out the Fi SIM and put in your own SIM that's active with your own number.

The phone is capable of running on Verizon because it is compatible with all 4 major US carriers, including Verizon, and is pre-approved on Verizon's BYOD list:
    https://community.verizonwireless.co...s/td-p/1089311

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Well, I bought him a Moto E5 Play today. Same as I have. I'm hopeful that it will work for him. I like mine just fine. It was $79.00 at Walmart. I'll set him up on Verizon which will work out good since we leave on vacation next week and Verizon is offering double data for a limited time.Then switch him over to Red pocket when that runs out.
    Thanks for all the suggestions.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8, iPad Mini 4, Blackberry KEY 2
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Moto G6 unlocked from Google Fi for $99. Details here:
    https://slickdeals.net/f/13114810-32...eSearchV2Algo1
    I Believe that price is only with Google fi service is it? Force you to buy the service with the device?

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone XS, Galaxy S9, iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS, T-Mobile, RedPocket Verizon, Tello
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitieiii View Post
    I Believe that price is only with Google fi service is it? Force you to buy the service with the device?

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk
    Yes read above posts. You can cancel after buying the service. You don’t have to keep it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Current Phone: AT&T XS Silver 256GB. T-Mobile / MetroPCS
    Android device : Galaxy S9 RedPocket Verizon

I am no longer a U.S.Cellular User.
    Speedtest in Knox.TN EvDo Rev.A

My Photography www.hunterspad.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2