Thread: Can I activate a Total Wireless phone on a Net10 plan ?

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Can I activate a Total Wireless phone on a Net10 plan ?

I am looking at this Total Moto G6 promotion - https://shop.totalwireless.com/shop/...nes/tw-moto-g6 and would like to know if I could activate it on the yearly Net10 unlimited 5g plan (verizon network) offered on ebay. - Thanks

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by bamx2 View Post
    I am looking at this Total Moto G6 promotion - https://shop.totalwireless.com/shop/...nes/tw-moto-g6 and would like to know if I could activate it on the yearly Net10 unlimited 5g plan (verizon network) offered on ebay. - Thanks
    If you're using Verizon you're going to need a valid IMEI number from a Verizon phone.

Sent from my LGL63BL using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    If you are ready to do a little jugglery, you can buy a MOTO G6 from Google Fi, activate the phone on Google Fi and then cancel immediately the Google Fi account.

You have the advantage of getting a unlocked phone for the same price

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by sharp99 View Post
    If you're using Verizon you're going to need a valid IMEI number from a Verizon phone.
    Since TW uses Vzw, that Moto G6 would be a TF (etc.) Vzw network phone.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I reading some threads which involve moving around Tracfone mvno brands of service on Tracfone branded phones.

(like this one for Page Plus- https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...lcatel-My-Flip)

I could activate the sim on my unlocked Moto E4 and then it over to the Total Wireless phone if that would work .

Device(s)
    Ascend Y, Proclaim, Ascend Plus
    Carrier(s)
    America Movil, Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Yes, activate the Moto G6 on Net10 Vzw using the $20 plan (or whichever plan you want). Then go on ebay and buy the 1 year plan and choose "Renewal/Existing Sim" option. When the pin card arrives add it to your account. I have successfully activated a Total Wireless Moto E5 on both Tracfone and Net10. I have also done this 1 year plan except I chose to use AT&T.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Is that Google fi g6 gsm/cdma unlocked?

Sent from my K88 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by sharp99 View Post
    Is that Google fi g6 gsm/cdma unlocked?

Sent from my K88 using HoFo mobile app
    Yes.......

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    PThe Total Wireless Moto G6 promo (https://shop.totalwireless.com/shop/...epicdeals_7_15) includes $35.00 airtime. Just to clarify this, do I activate it on Total Wireless with included pland then use Net10 unlimited pin to refill before the 30 days is up ? - Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by indyrunr89 View Post
    Yes, activate the Moto G6 on Net10 Vzw using the $20 plan (or whichever plan you want). Then go on ebay and buy the 1 year plan and choose "Renewal/Existing Sim" option. When the pin card arrives add it to your account. I have successfully activated a Total Wireless Moto E5 on both Tracfone and Net10. I have also done this 1 year plan except I chose to use AT&T.

Device(s)
    Ascend Y, Proclaim, Ascend Plus
    Carrier(s)
    America Movil, Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    PThe Total Wireless Moto G6 promo (https://shop.totalwireless.com/shop/...epicdeals_7_15) includes $35.00 airtime. Just to clarify this, do I activate it on Total Wireless with included pland then use Net10 unlimited pin to refill before the 30 days is up ? - Thanks
    Oh, I didn't notice that before. No don't activate on Total Wireless. The key to using America Movil Verizon phones is you need a virgin sim card for initial activation. You might run into problems if you activate it on TW and then try to activate it a 2nd time on Net10. Once you get an activated sim card you can then move said sim to any America Movil device that has a "DL" in the model number. The whole key is to get activated on the network and plan you want then just keep transferring the sim.

If you actually get a physical $35 airtime card hold on to it for future use or try to sell it. The $35 may be tied to the IMEI and there will not be a physical pin card included. In that case you'd simply lose the $35 airtime. I know it seems like a loss to ignore the $35 but to me the goal would be to get the phone I want at the lowest price and use the Net10 annual plan. Using this method still yields at total cost of $340 for the year (100+240 for the airtime) which is a great deal.

Or you can buy an unlocked Moto G7 at Best Buy today only for $199.99. They may have the G6 for less as they are matching the Prime Day deals. With an unlocked phone you can simply go straight to buying the annual plan and activating.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Yes, that is what I am trying to figure out. I don't want to mess things up for use of this phone on NET10 by first activating it onTotal Wireless.

[QUOTE=indyrunr89;17084272]Oh, I didn't notice that before. No don't activate on Total Wireless. The key to using America Movil Verizon phones is you need a virgin sim card for initial activation. You might run into problems if you activate it on TW and then try to activate it a 2nd time on Net10. Once you get an activated sim card you can then move said sim to any America Movil device that has a "DL" in the model number. The whole key is to get activated on the network and plan you want then just keep transferring the sim........
    Last edited by bamx2; 07-16-2019 at 05:42 PM.