Thread: Telus Apple Watch Airtime Charge - charged for call forwarding when no phone present

Device(s)
    Motorola RAZRV3c
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Telus Apple Watch Airtime Charge - charged for call forwarding when no phone present

Hi all. Question for those of you who have an apple watch cellular. If you are on the go with your watch but do not have your phone present, your phone forwards your calls to your apple watch. I've discovered that I am being charged for this call forwarding at a rate of $0.50 per minute.

I know most people rarely go out without their phones, so this is probably an unusual question - but wondering if others are being charged the same.

BTW - its Telus and not Koodo, but the forum wouldn't allow me to select Telus.

Device(s)
    iPhone X & Pixel 2XL
    Carrier(s)
    Telus + Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by vanhalen View Post
    Hi all. Question for those of you who have an apple watch cellular. If you are on the go with your watch but do not have your phone present, your phone forwards your calls to your apple watch. I've discovered that I am being charged for this call forwarding at a rate of $0.50 per minute.

I know most people rarely go out without their phones, so this is probably an unusual question - but wondering if others are being charged the same.

Sounds to me, you do not have your cellular Apple Watch setup properly on your account....Thats the entire purpose of it...to allow you to walk away from your phone and still get all your calls and text.

You need to contact Telus and sort this out.
    Join me on Telegram https://t.me/Samshares

Koodo: $40/8GB w/ 1000 International Minutes
    Telus: $67/20GB Can-US Plan
    Freedom: $30/8GB Can-US (2400 Minutes/1GB)

Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

I have an Apple Watch on TELUS. I've noticed the call forwarding charge in Usage, but then when the bill comes out at the end of the cycle, it doesn't actually end up charging you.

Device(s)
    Motorola RAZRV3c
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Ah well, I end up getting charged but I have a plan that’s really good and I don’t want them taking a second look so I’ll just allow the buck or two a month.

Device(s)
    iPhone X & Pixel 2XL
    Carrier(s)
    Telus + Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Ah well, I end up getting charged but I have a plan that’s really good and I don’t want them taking a second look so I’ll just allow the buck or two a month.
    They wont take it away.

I have a out of province plan and I call in if i ever have issues. Never been a issue of loosing my plan.

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    he's right they can't take it away, it's against the law and would violate there own rules, don't be chicken, call it in

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    It's a known billing issue..they have a work around for it...but you have to call them