Device(s)
    HTC EVO V 4G
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Coolpad Legacy for $53

I have been wanting to upgrade from my LG Stylo 2 for some time; there's nothing specifically wrong with it, just that it's age is showing. I have been considering Stylo 4 & 5 and, after seeing a Stylo 5 (on Cricket) vs Coolpad Legacy YouTube video, I had to find out more. Was initially going to switch to Metro by T-Mobile but I need a $50+ plan (Boost's $35 "Walmart plan" suits my needs just fine.

After calling Boost Mobile (866-402-7366) and making it through their phone tree I was able to talk with a "Tier 1" agent and after I told him that I was going to switch to Metro he patched me thru to Customer Service (Retention). A very nice agent listened to my needs and concerns and immediately gave me a credit of $35 for this month (perfect as it was due today). After a bit more haggling I was able to get the phone price reduced by $20 to $79 which makes my total $52.99 after WA state sales tax. 3-5 Business Day shipping is FREE (or $12 for Next Day).

Hope that I'm gonna love Coolpad! Haven't heard of 'em until yesterday!
    "What you need is some editorial skill in your self-expression. Between impulse and action there is a realm of good taste begging for your acquaintance."

"The Doctor" counseling "Seven of Nine" on Star Trek: Voyager ("One" episode)

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by avusblue View Post
    I have been wanting to upgrade from my LG Stylo 2 for some time; there's nothing specifically wrong with it, just that it's age is showing. I have been considering Stylo 4 & 5 and, after seeing a Stylo 5 (on Cricket) vs Coolpad Legacy YouTube video, I had to find out more. Was initially going to switch to Metro by T-Mobile but I need a $50+ plan (Boost's $35 "Walmart plan" suits my needs just fine.

After calling Boost Mobile (866-402-7366) and making it through their phone tree I was able to talk with a "Tier 1" agent and after I told him that I was going to switch to Metro he patched me thru to Customer Service (Retention). A very nice agent listened to my needs and concerns and immediately gave me a credit of $35 for this month (perfect as it was due today). After a bit more haggling I was able to get the phone price reduced by $20 to $79 which makes my total $52.99 after WA state sales tax. 3-5 Business Day shipping is FREE (or $12 for Next Day).

Hope that I'm gonna love Coolpad! Haven't heard of 'em until yesterday!
    Nicely done! I played with a live/working model of the Cool Pad and was impressed. Everything felt good about it with very strong speaker, smooth scrolling, very good camera, and that BIG battery will be great. Hope you read your thoughts on it.

Device(s)
    HTC EVO V 4G
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Just unboxed it today (talk about a well glued theft-proof box!) and haven't played with it much. The one thing that the Legacy does not come with is NFC (I was sure that I had seen a review on it). Oh well. Stick with new chip cards and be content with my 50 dollar Chinese hooptie.

It's also heavier than my LG Stylo 2. Not a deal breaker but a bit surprising.