Thread: Thinking of comming to Telus from Rogers but questions first

Feedback Score

Thinking of comming to Telus from Rogers but questions first

I am thinking of moving from Rogers to Telus but I have a few questions.

Right now I am on the unlimited rogers plan ( yes I know what happens after 10gigs)

anyhow I am wondering if I can get the same or better. Here is what I have with Rogers

10 gig plan for 75 bucks

Then my daughter has a

20 dollar unlimited talk and text.

My worry is if I leave Rogers I will lose the 20 dollar plan..

I am looking to leave Rogers because my home is a dead spot for rogers. I have to do wifi calling but this always doesn't work flawlessly. I use my phone for work so there is nothing more frustrating that doing the "can you hear me now.... can you hear me now...." drill

Thoughts

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jettabambino View Post

Right now I am on the unlimited rogers plan ( yes I know what happens after 10gigs)

anyhow I am wondering if I can get the same or better. Here is what I have with Rogers

10 gig plan for 75 bucks

Then my daughter has a

I am looking to leave Rogers because my home is a dead spot for rogers. I have to do wifi calling but this always doesn't work flawlessly. I use my phone for work so there is nothing more frustrating that doing the "can you hear me now.... can you hear me now...." drill

Thoughts
    Switch to Telus. Their speed cap is 512kbps. As for your daughters plan. Switch her to public mobile (Telus MNVO) you can get her unlimited Canada wide talk and international texting. Plus 1GB of data at 3mbps that you can't go over. For $25. If you sign up for auto pay you can get the plan down $2 a month. So eventually you can get the bill down to $0. Let me know what you think!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    i576, i355, i700+
    Carrier(s)
    MiKE
    Feedback Score
    Wifi calling works much better on Rogers than on Telus.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bmccull View Post
    Wifi calling works much better on Rogers than on Telus.
    Agreed. But if he has service wifi calling isn't needed!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone X & Pixel 2XL
    Carrier(s)
    Telus + Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score

10 gig plan for 75 bucks

Then my daughter has a

Thoughts
    I am not sure what phone you have but make sure you have one that is latest, supports VOLTE, that is important.

Having been on Telus for years, I cannot stress the importance, I have at times struggled to make calls on 3G....as Telus doesn't have a 2G Network. So VoLTE is important for calls to be clear and made.

I use my phone for work as well, overall experience is great. But keep in mind, all networks have flaws to some extent, meaning "No Service" can pop up with any carrier but as long as you have the best phone with all the available LTE bands and VoLTE capability. You will have the best possible experience.
    Join me on Telegram https://t.me/Samshares

Koodo: $40/8GB w/ 1000 International Minutes
    Telus: $67/20GB Can-US Plan
    Freedom: $30/8GB Can-US (2400 Minutes/1GB)

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus 32GB (iOS 12.3.1)
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Samshares View Post
    I am not sure what phone you have but make sure you have one that is latest, supports VOLTE, that is important.

Having been on Telus for years, I cannot stress the importance, I have at times struggled to make calls on 3G....as Telus doesn't have a 2G Network. So VoLTE is important for calls to be clear and made.

I use my phone for work as well, overall experience is great. But keep in mind, all networks have flaws to some extent, meaning "No Service" can pop up with any carrier but as long as you have the best phone with all the available LTE bands and VoLTE capability. You will have the best possible experience.
    Where do you live? I'm in Toronto and I haven't had any issues with making 3G calls since 2014. I only started using VoLTE in late-2017 when I switched to TELUS for their $60/10 GB plan. VoLTE is great but I hardly think it's a requirement.

Device(s)
    iPhone X & Pixel 2XL
    Carrier(s)
    Telus + Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 31337hacker View Post
    Where do you live? I'm in Toronto and I haven't had any issues with making 3G calls since 2014. I only started using VoLTE in late-2017 when I switched to TELUS for their $60/10 GB plan. VoLTE is great but I hardly think it's a requirement.
    I'm in Toronto, I always find it that 3G calls take forever to get initiated, aren't as clear, and also data on 3G is very unreliable if my phone ever takes too long to pop back to LTE.

VoLTE should be gold standard, it prevents your phone from jump back and forth between 3G and LTE....

maybe i feel the way I do about calls because I have been using VoLTE since it became available and got used to the enhancement it offers and not to mention, I am a heavy user by all means for Calls and Data every month, as it would be labeled by any carrier.

Feedback Score
    I live in Vancouver and have a Iphone X should be no problem

Device(s)
    iPhone X & Pixel 2XL
    Carrier(s)
    Telus + Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I live in Vancouver and have a Iphone X should be no problem
    Ya, will be no problem.

West coast is Telus's main area so you will have the absolute best coverage there.