Thread: Giving CallingMart Your Account Info

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Giving CallingMart Your Account Info

I manage my elderly parents prepaid phone refills and purchased several $25 pins from CM in January. I attempted to load one today and it will not load. Kept getting error "experiencing system issues...." Tried to refill over the phone and unable to do so. To make a long story short, I contacted CM via trouble ticket and they responded,

"To further assist you, can you please provide us with the AT&T phone number and 4 digit account pasccode where you were trying to load the minutes? Our verification department will verify the PIN upon receipt of this info."

I have never had issues with CM, but prefer to not provide the account pin. Anyone have similar issue and did you provide the account info? Other thoughts?

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by jagator View Post
    I manage my elderly parents prepaid phone refills and purchased several $25 pins from CM in January. I attempted to load one today and it will not load. Kept getting error "experiencing system issues...." Tried to refill over the phone and unable to do so. To make a long story short, I contacted CM via trouble ticket and they responded,

"To further assist you, can you please provide us with the AT&T phone number and 4 digit account pasccode where you were trying to load the minutes? Our verification department will verify the PIN upon receipt of this info."

I have never had issues with CM, but prefer to not provide the account pin. Anyone have similar issue and did you provide the account info? Other thoughts?
    Hmmm I wouldn't... but you could set up a temporary PIN, give it to CM, and then change it later to a different PIN if you had to...

Device(s)
    iPhone 8
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Prepaid ($50 Plan)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I thought they were able to verify if the PIN has been applied without all that information? CM really does seem to be going down hill. Even if AT&T does not provide dealers a way to verify if a PIN has been used or not, it's bad customer service to ask for customer's 4 digit account passcode like that.

When you run a business, sometimes you just gotta give the customer the benefit of the doubt unless there is something really off about the request. That's why Amazon and Costco, for example, have gotten so huge... the customer comes first in most (not all but most) cases. (e.g. Costco's epic no questions asked return policy even though they know some bad apples abuse it and Amazon usually siding with the customer when packages get lost without asking for proof of said package getting lost even though they know that some people lie about it).

I'm not saying you just act blind and always believe the customer, but unless the same customer is always having problems and trying to get free stuff from you, it's just the unfortunate cost of doing business. At most, maybe they should just ask for a screenshot of the error you are receiving.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Case closed. I told them I would not provide the PIN for security reasons and they said they said their verification department could not assist me without it. I have been purchasing from CM for many years without incident and have never requested a refund. I hope Target continues to offer discounts on refill PINS.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Case closed. I told them I would not provide the PIN for security reasons and they said they said their verification department could not assist me without it. I have been purchasing from CM for many years without incident and have never requested a refund. I hope Target continues to offer discounts on refill PINS.
    Callingmart has become a joke. It is cheaper just to enable the auto pay feature on the AT&T website than to deal with Callingmart. If they have not refunded your money dispute the charge since they never provided you with the refill.

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile, T-Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Target has a BOGO 10% off sale starting Sunday. Not their best sale, but still...

And, fwiw, Virgin Mobile asks for your PIN if you contact CS for assistance; at least they used to.
    Your, you're, yore; there, their, they're; to, too, two; by, buy; add, ad; for, four, fore.
    a) better to light a candle, or b) curse the darkness?

Device(s)
    H910 (AT&T V20)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T PREPAID
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by AnciusD View Post
    Target has a BOGO 10% off sale starting Sunday. Not their best sale, but still...

And, fwiw, Virgin Mobile asks for your PIN if you contact CS for assistance; at least they used to.
    Virgin Mobile is the service provider and not a third party like CallingMart.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk