Thread: [Reminiscing] Remember unlimited upgrades through Premier?

Device(s)
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Wink [Reminiscing] Remember unlimited upgrades through Premier?

Hi all, I do not visit this forum much anymore and I think it's the same for most. I am curious though if anyone remembers the Glory Days of getting unlimited upgrades with AT&T Premier? Basically, you could just go in and it always considered you eligible for an upgrade. I got my family so many good phones through that before it got rescinded!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by xcrunner View Post
    Hi all, I do not visit this forum much anymore and I think it's the same for most. I am curious though if anyone remembers the Glory Days of getting unlimited upgrades with AT&T Premier? Basically, you could just go in and it always considered you eligible for an upgrade. I got my family so many good phones through that before it got rescinded!
    I used to always have an upgrade sitting on my account, everything changed with the Next Plans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Starting to think they all suck
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by xcrunner View Post
    Lol yes those days were awesome! I got so many people BlackBerry Pearls when they came out. I think it was only $199.99.

And only paying $59.98 for Nation 300 and Media Max on my Treo 650 then the 8525 and the Tilt.. good times.

Sent from my SM-G965U using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    How did this work? I thought once you upgraded, the line would be ineligible for an upgrade until 1 yr or 2 yr whatever the term of contract was?

Was this a glitch in the Premier Web site coding?? if yes how did they not realize / fix it till so many people were able to get $$$$ worth of phones under subsidy?? so it was like you added a new line on contract and the phone was delivered and no line was added?

Only for business or consumer accounts too?

My understanding is Premier is for cRU or Corporate business users only? End users or what they say IRU does not have a premier login? atleast not that i knew of....

Wow..so you could get 10 phones on 1 line per year no issues? how much did they really lose out lol on subsidies????!!!!

Feedback Score
    I was a Premier customer for 15 years. I don’t remember unlimited upgrades. One per line every 1, or more common, 2 years. Still a new Blackberry or iPhone was a great deal for $99 or $199 versus the $1200 I just paid for my XSM last year. Monthly plans cost more than ever and there are no perks or discounts. On the whole, for 5 lines, I pay about the same per line now (225/5) than I did for one or two lines back then. But a single postpaid line today is way more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JSchnee21 View Post
    I was a Premier customer for 15 years. I don’t remember unlimited upgrades. One per line every 1, or more common, 2 years. Still a new Blackberry or iPhone was a great deal for $99 or $199 versus the $1200 I just paid for my XSM last year. Monthly plans cost more than ever and there are no perks or discounts. On the whole, for 5 lines, I pay about the same per line now (225/5) than I did for one or two lines back then. But a single postpaid line today is way more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I guess you just need to skim through this thread to realize what we all missed circa 08'

https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...le-quot-closed

Device(s)
    iPhone 4S
    Feedback Score
    Late to the thread... but just to add.. the duration between upgrades was based on each company's FAN contract. Some had 1 year, some had 2 year, some had apparantly no limits on upgrades. I never had less than 1 yrs though unfortunately.

What I miss even more is the premier customer support with less wait times and 24 hour customer service.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk