Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Coverage/signal issue.

Device(s)
    Cricket E5 Supra, Stylo 4, metro Moto e5
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket,vzw,metro pcs
    Feedback Score

Coverage/signal issue.

Does calling cricket about a recent signal degradation do any good? The tower is less than a mile from from my house, and have always had good reception until last few weeks. Cell mapper indicates 110 db on band b2 which has always been inferior to b12, but haven't seen b12 recently, maybe a sector is down.
    I've re-added metro pcs service, which is co-located on the same tower, with 90 db, 5 bar reception. Until a few weeks ago, the signals were both good.
    Cricket signal isn't unusable, but annoying dropped calls and slower than usual data. Advice?

Again, will cricket notify Att or is it a waste of time to call?

Feedback Score
    did you try your sim in a different phone
    and see if the issue persists ??
    what phone do you currently have.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket,vzw,metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    Yeah, we've got 3 cricket lines using a new g7 Moto, a Samsung and even a ZTE. They all have reduced signal at my house, but appear to work normally in as little as a half mile North or south. Again, I believe it to be a sector outage. If I turn airplane mode on and off, they will lock onto the better b12 band for a while. It's just annoying, when the metro g7 has much better everything this any of the cricket devices, when they all used to all be good.
    Last edited by plane; 07-01-2019 at 07:16 PM.

Feedback Score
    There doesn't seem to be any technical customer service with Cricket. You get someone who knows less than you do, even when you know nothing.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by khakuda View Post
    There doesn't seem to be any technical customer service with Cricket. You get someone who knows less than you do, even when you know nothing.
    There's an AT&T tool on the app store to report outages and that's what I've always used in the past and it works.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    I’m in the same boat - had Cricket for years and at home and some local areas coverage is spotty at best - something has changed. I can’t use Cellmapper (iPhone) so it’s just experienced based guessing for me...

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket,vzw,metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    Believe my issue is a defective E5, but they're replace it and I noticed they are free again from cricket with a cc port.

Device(s)
    Moto Z2 Force, X4, G7, G7 Power, G6, G5s+, E5+, E5, E4..
    Carrier(s)
    metro by T-Mobile, TracFone on Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile, Tello and FreeUp.
    Feedback Score
    I'm assuming your G7's are metro phones as I don't see Crickett selling them on there website. Could I ask how you got them unlocked without waiting the required time? My usual source isn't doing them right now due to that law suit that was going on.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket,vzw,metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cellular-dude View Post
    I'm assuming your G7's are metro phones as I don't see Crickett selling them on there website. Could I ask how you got them unlocked without waiting the required time? My usual source isn't doing them right now due to that law suit that was going on.
    I mistakely indicated g7 when it is an e5 Supra. Your right, my g7 is on metro. Both if these are great phones for the price, but most of them are today.

The issue disappeared when I went back to formely used handsets, thankfully. Isn't the g7 Supra available from cricket?

Cricket is doing a warranty exchange on the e5.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by plane View Post
    Isn't the g7 Supra available from cricket?

G7 Supra? I didn't see any kind of G7 when I went to the Cricket website. Is that going to be the name of their version?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Now that I go back and check it is on their site.

Feedback Score
    I’ll just add that starting some months ago coverage at my house dropped significantly. Been wondering if this is something AT&T deliberately did to Cricket or if it affects post paid as well.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    There are a lot of others who claim that their Cricket service has degraded recently - myself included. It’s just a lot of speculation as to the cause but I switched to ATT prepaid (same network) and it’s been much better than Cricket.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket,vzw,metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    Above.

My got so weak this week, I finally called out of frustration. May be my imagination, may be temporary, but I'm up from 0 to one bar, to maybe 2 plus. Thankfully I've got a metro handset, co-located on the same tower very near my house, which has provided grest coverage for nearly 20 years with att. OMO, but believe an antenna realignment, as I can drive in a tight circle around the tower getting a consistent 4-5 bars.

Give'm a call. Can't hurt.

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket, Xfinity Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by glowblue View Post
    There are a lot of others who claim that their Cricket service has degraded recently - myself included. It’s just a lot of speculation as to the cause but I switched to ATT prepaid (same network) and it’s been much better than Cricket.
    A week ago noticed that a text iMessage took seconds to send indicated by a progress bar.
    Went into Field Test mode and saw -115 dBm signal on a 1.3 MHz wide band. Upload speed in the 0.1 mbps range.
    What gives? Cricket is kicked off of the good bands?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast