Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Coverage/signal issue.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score

Coverage/signal issue.

I didn’t spend a lot of time troubleshooting my issues. You could call CS and ask for technical support. I just simply recognized my once stable Cricket service was not reliable anymore and switched - that’s the beauty of prepaid. I’d been considering switching for a while since I needed Hotspot capability for work travel. Check out the ATT prepaid deal at Walmart.

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket, Xfinity Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by glowblue View Post
    I didn’t spend a lot of time troubleshooting my issues. You could call CS and ask for technical support. I just simply recognized my once stable Cricket service was not reliable anymore and switched - that’s the beauty of prepaid. I’d been considering switching for a while since I needed Hotspot capability for work travel. Check out the ATT prepaid deal at Walmart.
    Signal has improved, phone back to normal. Perhaps tower updates pushed my phone to the unusual situation.

Feedback Score
    We've noticed a drop at our home too.

Most times my mom cannot even get service. If she does receive a call sometimes her screen goes black and the phone is unresponsive, so she can't win either way. She just got a new Motorola G7. I guess we're going to call support to see what can be done.

I was coming here to ask for help on deciding what antenna booster to buy, but see it's a common problem. Wondering if it will even help.

I did notice a month ago the towers connecting were B12, now they are only connecting with B5.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I notice that in some areas I am Getting just one bar LTE...where I had more before changing to the unlimited extra plan ... It can't be a isolated issue since we are all in different states

Sent from my SM-N960U using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Cricket E5 Supra, Stylo 4, metro Moto e5
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket,vzw,metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    Has att ever been know to readjust sector antenna alignment?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket,vzw,metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Cell_Phone33 View Post
    I notice that in some areas I am Getting just one bar LTE...where I had more before changing to the unlimited extra plan ... It can't be a isolated issue since we are all in different states

Jmo, but I'm having similar reception issues.I suspect it's just a coincidence that the two things just happened to occur at the same time, in that one not any plan changes. In case, it appears to be a general overall signal issue with cricket, maybe Att too, dunno. Fortunately, I've got a t mobile backup.
    I attempted to just forward my cricket inbound calls to my tm line, but find for some reason that I can't do this. I've got a call in to tech services, buy have a lot of doubts.

There's something bad going on, reception wise, at least in my area. Dunno if it's associated with the current Att strike or not.

This is very frustrating.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Does at&t prepaid have these isuses as well? Are u iPhone or Android? I notice iPhone on my account don't have these issues
    Quote Originally Posted by plane View Post
    Jmo, but I'm having similar reception issues.I suspect it's just a coincidence that the two things just happened to occur at the same time, in that one not any plan changes. In case, it appears to be a general overall signal issue with cricket, maybe Att too, dunno. Fortunately, I've got a t mobile backup.
    I attempted to just forward my cricket inbound calls to my tm line, but find for some reason that I can't do this. I've got a call in to tech services, buy have a lot of doubts.

There's something bad going on, reception wise, at least in my area. Dunno if it's associated with the current Att strike or not.

This is very frustrating.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score

Coverage/signal issue.

Does at&t prepaid have these isuses as well? Are u iPhone or Android? I notice iPhone on my account don't have these issues

In my case I switched to ATT prepaid and don’t have same issues. Same phones, same location, same network which makes me think it was something within the Cricket provisioning (I was on the 4 for $100 plan with 3 Mbps speed cap.)

Feedback Score
    I work in an office building on the 30th floor. For several years I got really cruddy signal. Usually 1 bar of LTE, or often would step down to HSPA.

As of a couple months ago, now I get 4 to 5 bars of LTE. Something changed for the better!

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hogan773 View Post
    I work in an office building on the 30th floor. For several years I got really cruddy signal. Usually 1 bar of LTE, or often would step down to HSPA.

As of a couple months ago, now I get 4 to 5 bars of LTE. Something changed for the better!
    Nice! I work in my house on the 2nd floor. Cricket speeds dropped to almost unusable. ATT prepaid is rocking solid... go figure.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket,vzw,metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by glowblue View Post
    Nice! I work in my house on the 2nd floor. Cricket speeds dropped to almost unusable. ATT prepaid is rocking solid... go figure.
    Has anyone ever called cricket/att to ask about why.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm thinking could it be phone issue ? I have a note 9 that currently has note 9 firmware installed , could that mess with the bands ? Should I have it on just at&t software

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket,vzw,metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    I'm thinking could it be phone issue ? I have a note 9 that currently has note 9 firmware installed , could that mess with the bands ? Should I have it on just at&t software

Not an expert here, and if course anything is possible, but as long as the cricket is installed, the bands should be fine. The son is usually auto installed, but can be manually inputted. They're instructions here and for that matter online and in the cricket webpage.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket,vzw,metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    I've called cricket cs virtually everyday for a week including today and have actually talked to numerous caring people, who can fix the problem. And even though I've given then an alternate number to call, tech support continues to call on the cricket number with the issue, which often goes to VM.

Has anyone had any issue with call forwarding. I can't get my phone to forward and can't get tech support to help because they call the non working number. This is like a bad episode of the twilight zone. And I hate to say it but vzw visible is starting to look better and better.

Device(s)
    Moto E4 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Red Pocket (AT&T)-3 Lines
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by plane View Post
    Has anyone had any issue with call forwarding. I can't get my phone to forward
    Have you ever been able to forward calls on the phone you are using now? Some phones just won't forward for some reason.

The Moto G6 Play always gives an error code when trying to forward. Swap the SIM card to another phone & it works. Not sure why?

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using HoFo mobile app

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast