Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 60 Day Expiration Date on eBay 1 Year Card With 1200 Minute, Text & 3GB Warning

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rchang View Post
    Or he could just be a bot.
    There is some indication the responses are at least partially automated, and run on scripts. I used to get "AlexTrac" PMs frequently because I said some small thing in a subject thread, but was not one of the main posters about that subject. Seemed misguided.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Maybe his full name is Alex Bot Trac.
    Don't make me turn this car around.....

Device(s)
    Moto E (T-Mo); LG Fiesta 2 (PPC)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    "AlexTrac" helped me out about six weeks ago, PM-ing me here to direct me to "Tier 3" level support when I was helping a relative activate a new TF/VZW device that was not getting VoLTE. Quite an adventure, but things worked out. I wouldn't have been able to reach that CSR level without his input (unless HoFo member lappers came out of hiding and spilled more about how he reached them - i.e. specific phone number and special PIN, which does expire).

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ultrawolf View Post
    I messaged AlexTrac this morning and asked if he could clarify which is correct, but I haven't received a response.
    I received a reply from AlexTrac confirming that the expiration is 60 days, conflicting with the 365 days AlexTrac originally specified. It sounds like the message is from a real person, but as others said, the information isn't consistent. Thanks again to Sparkle3 for posting this warning. Here's the full text of the message I received:

Hi ultrawolf. This is Alex from TracFone Wireless. We're sorry for the conflicting information. To clarify, as previously stated on the post associated to your provided link, the service plan with 60-day expiration was eBay exclusive for their phone bundle promotion. For airtime cards that are being sold on our retail stores, these expires after one year from the date it was scanned at the cash register. Should you have further queries or any related concerns, do not hesitate to chat with us at http://bit.ly/2qdrKHH or text the key word HELP to 611611. We are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST. Thank you.

Feedback Score
    I have looked through the 2 listings on eBay and read the fine print on the cards and can find no mention of a 60 day expiration. Has anyone seen any mention of the 60 day expiration anywhere other than Alex and one CSR?

Feedback Score
    I think they just make things up in order to seem in control.

I don't think they actually have the capacity to monitor every purchase date.

They are after numbers more than anything. If you never use the airtime, more bucks for them. If you eventually redeem the cards, they retain a customer.

They let you roll over and stack airtime in order to keep you. You are less likely to bail if you have an investment.

I think it would be really bad publicity to kill a purchase. They are obviously feeling competitive these days.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cv91913 View Post
    I have looked through the 2 listings on eBay and read the fine print on the cards and can find no mention of a 60 day expiration. Has anyone seen any mention of the 60 day expiration anywhere other than Alex and one CSR?
    seems like they removed the 60 day expiration - https://slickdeals.net/f/13086946-eb...99#commentsBox

Feedback Score
    Tracfone needs to get professional writers and ad people and clearly and accurately explain how things work. The way it is now, it's one big mess. No wonder people have to ask "dumb" questions.

I think that Tracfone deliberately omits most of the fine print and makes other things confusing on purpose.

My opinions.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisme View Post
    Tracfone needs to get professional writers and ad people and clearly and accurately explain how things work. The way it is now, it's one big mess. No wonder people have to ask "dumb" questions.
    There is no such thing as a 'dumb' question. 'Dumb' answers, however, is another thing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2