Thread: Unlimited Plan Features

Device(s)
    Android(Thundetbolt)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

Unlimited Plan Features

I noticed that for a limited time the two top tier Verizon unlimited plans are offering unlimited 5g data and unlimited hotspot. Will this feature stay with the plan? If you do not have a 5g phone now will these features still be in place when you do?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lemew View Post
    I noticed that for a limited time the two top tier Verizon unlimited plans are offering unlimited 5g data and unlimited hotspot. Will this feature stay with the plan? If you do not have a 5g phone now will these features still be in place when you do?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    How could anyone possibly know the answer to that?

Device(s)
    Android(Thundetbolt)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Appreciate your taking the time to respond. I certainly didn't know but thought someone might.

Sent from my P027 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Key 2, VZW AC791L Jetpack, MoFi 4500 SIM4 V. 2 LTE Gateway, Moto Z2 Force w/ Keyboard Mod
    Carrier(s)
    ▪T▪ ▪ ▪Mobile▪, Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lemew View Post
    ALL of the information that's currently known can be found on one page at the following link: https://www.rvmobileinternet.com/ver...-4k-streaming/

But Verizon Wireless has a demonstrated track record in recent years of ignoring the cellular industry's standard practice regarding old, grandfathered plans, and has been actively forcing people off of their current, grandfathered plans, EVEN WHEN THEY'RE STILL UNDER CONTRACT! So, if you're worried about being able to keep your plan and all of its features until YOU decide to change it, I can't recommend choosing Verizon Wireless.
    Photobucket's policy changes SUCK!

New signature coming soon-ish...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack T. Chance View Post
    ALL of the information that's currently known can be found on one page at the following link: https://www.rvmobileinternet.com/ver...-4k-streaming/

But Verizon Wireless has a demonstrated track record in recent years of ignoring the cellular industry's standard practice regarding old, grandfathered plans, and has been actively forcing people off of their current, grandfathered plans, EVEN WHEN THEY'RE STILL UNDER CONTRACT! So, if you're worried about being able to keep your plan and all of its features until YOU decide to change it, I can't recommend choosing Verizon Wireless.
    Verizon hasn't had contracts in 2 1/2 years. Anyway no purpose in having 1000 Mhz-2000 MHz of mmwave spectrum if you're just going let it sit fallow. No purpose in spending billions $$$ in spectrum to not use it( unless you're Dish ). Unlike 4G which in limited on both the amount of spectrum and the bandwidth it can produce mmwave is not really under that constraint. Verizon currently uses at least 400 MHz of mmwave spectrum. Which is already 6X more than all their 4G spectrum combined and 5G is 35-50% more efficient than 4G. After all mmave auctions are over early next year Verizon will have at least 1000 MHz perhaps 2000 MHz or more in many areas. Not to mention them being able to use CBRS and C-Band was well as using unlicensed 5 GHz and potentially getting some 2.5 GHz spectrum in an auction next year.

1000 MHz of LTE could provide nearly 20,000 Mbps per cell and 5G is at least 35% more efficient we're talking over 25,000 Mbps throughput for every 5G small cell. How many devices are realistically are going to be connected to that small cell at any one time? That's assuming Verizon only uses 1000 MHz and isn't even counting any 5G spectrum below 6 GHz. And of course Verizon still has 4G spectrum and 3G/2G spectrum hat has yet to be converted over to 4G