Thread: 4/$100 unlimited; what about 3 lines?

Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score

4/$100 unlimited; what about 3 lines?

I know probably dumb question; but what if I only want 3 lines; how much is it?
    I think I calculated $90 but want to be sure 4 lines aren't required before I try to drop a line.

Th agent I chatted with last night to change me from the 5/$100 to 4/100 (after a kid ported out) didn't advise me of pro-rating mid month. I mean $100/mo is a $100/mo either way right? But after the switch he said oh by the way your $200 of credit is now only $150. good day.
    And I'm like woha wait a min what happened???!!!
    Oh it's pro-rated for the change; oops sorry I didn't tell you that first!

so an hour later or arguring I finally got all my credit back; so I'm not sure I want to chat/call anyone for an answer.

And if it is a little cheaper; guess I need to drop a line close to end of cycle?
    Alcatel idol 3

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanw20 View Post
    I know probably dumb question; but what if I only want 3 lines; how much is it?
    I think I calculated $90 but want to be sure 4 lines aren't required before I try to drop a line.

Th agent I chatted with last night to change me from the 5/$100 to 4/100 (after a kid ported out) didn't advise me of pro-rating mid month. I mean $100/mo is a $100/mo either way right? But after the switch he said oh by the way your $200 of credit is now only $150. good day.
    And I'm like woha wait a min what happened???!!!
    Oh it's pro-rated for the change; oops sorry I didn't tell you that first!

so an hour later or arguring I finally got all my credit back; so I'm not sure I want to chat/call anyone for an answer.

And if it is a little cheaper; guess I need to drop a line close to end of cycle?
    I always change close to the end of my cycle just to avoid issues but if you're going from one plan that's $100 to another plan that's a hundred there should have been no change. It's basically a wash. Technically the way the system should handle it as you would get a credit for the unused portion on the previous account and then you would get a charge for the prorated amount that hadn't been used yet.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    I have the 4/$100 unlimited plan and might drop a line. As I understand the new price would be $90 for 3 lines. And agree - make changes near the end of a billing cycle - to hard to figure out if they pro rated you correctly.

Feedback Score
    You can change the plan yourself in your online account from grandfathered plan to $55 unlimited plan for each line, and make sure the effective date is the beginning of the new billing cycle. During the change just ignore the fluctuation of Monthly Charges for the next billing cycle. After you finish the change for all line, the new Monthly Charges will become $100 for 4 lines. If you port out 1 line, the Monthly Charges will become $90 for 3 lines.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zubrin View Post
    You can change the plan yourself in your online account from grandfathered plan to $55 unlimited plan for each line, and make sure the effective date is the beginning of the new billing cycle. During the change just ignore the fluctuation of Monthly Charges for the next billing cycle. After you finish the change for all line, the new Monthly Charges will become $100 for 4 lines. If you port out 1 line, the Monthly Charges will become $90 for 3 lines.
    Thanks for this thread - I was considering porting one line out to Visible during their promotion since I want freedom to hotspot and Cricket wants extra for that. I saw some ominous warning signs that any change will disrupt my grandfather status which confuses me because I am on 3mbps unlimited at the rate of five lines for 125 and they are still advertising this plan at the rate of four for 100. It sounds like I can still keep the four for 100 if I port out one line but I will be switched to a different base rate and different "add a line" discounts?

I've been on the five for $125 since 3mbps unlimited first came out.

Thanks,

Dan

Feedback Score
    As long as the pricing is still active and available, your plan should revert to that if a line is removed.

Device(s)
    i95cl
    Carrier(s)
    nextel
    Feedback Score
    I'm not an expert, but when my mother died and I cancelled her line (4th line) I pay $90 for 30 just an FYI

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk