Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Need a good T-mobile MVNO

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by ajholik View Post
    I've been on Mint for about half a year now. I have had a few experiences of depri, which were annoying. Other than that, it has been a really good experience.
    How bad was the deprioritization when it did occur?

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I've been testing Simple Mobile, since their 5 lines of unlimited with hotspot is $160. Getting e-card refills at target it can be even less with REDcard and sales. It's all over the place with speeds and upload is as low as .01, but one test near a tower was 90Mb down and 32Mb up.

Device(s)
    So many.
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint SERO, Framily, Freedompop GSM
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by mo832 View Post
    Have you looked at Ultra Mobile? I believe they now offer a paygo plan with unlimited T/T plus 500mb with rollover data for $12.50 per line/mo if you use their new "Flex" plan. They have add-ons and other plan options as well.
    I couldn't find any info on that plan.
    Been gone a long time. Hello, HoFo- I'm BACK.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Teltik - caller ID is available for $5 per month? Caller ID is not included for free?

Device(s)
    So many.
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint SERO, Framily, Freedompop GSM
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by jw530 View Post
    Teltik - caller ID is available for $5 per month? Caller ID is not included for free?
    I saw that, but I'm under the impression this is a charge for the name service that automatically puts a title on the number (even if not in your phone book). Its a feature some carriers have, otherwise you just get a number caller ID like everyone else for free.

In general, Teltik seems like a good deal if deprioritization is an issue. They seem to have great customer service too, I reached out to them with some questions and had a response very quickly that was very personal and informative and not at all canned or scripted.
    The thing is, I don't want to pay more than I'm paying now ($20, taxes included, per line for 5GB on Cricket). With Teltik I would only be getting 2GB for $20, and we often use a bit more than that. So I'd have to move on to the $30 plan from Teltik, which adds up when we're talking about multiple lines here (4 possibly 5 lines). So I think Mint is the way to go for my group. I've been trying them for the last couple of weeks and so far I've only had deprioritization only around an airport. My music stream slowed to a crawl and kept buffering. A quick toggle of airplane mode off/on seems to have gotten me back on a normal speed. For the significant savings, I think it is worth a little slowdown here and there. It has been rock solid everywhere else so far.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I've considered TelTik several times over the years for either my wife or myself, but it has never been the right time yet due to other options available, although I haven't completely ruled them out, and it may eventually may be the right time to use TelTik.

Keep in mind that the last time I checked, TelTik adds a flat $3.50 in taxes/fees to every plan listed. For example, the $20 UT&T&D, 2GB/mo LTE plan would be $23.50/mo.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Dishe View Post
    I couldn't find any info on that plan.
    https://www.ultramobile.com/flex/

It seems they are trying to keep it a secret. You have to know what you're looking for. I wonder why.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    >https://www.ultramobile.com/flex

Good deal for unlimited talk to Can/Mex (plus 13 other Flex countries), but GV already has free call to Can, so really just Mex.

Also, some price discrepancies. According to the plan configuration (when you click on Activation button), cheapest base rate is $11.50/mo, not $12.50 as stated. Secondly, the 500MB rollover data is optional ($5 extra) and not included. The $11.50+tax is just for unlimited talk/text.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    https://www.ultramobile.com/flex/

It seems they are trying to keep it a secret. You have to know what you're looking for. I wonder why.

Very good tip!

I got really interested for a while.

However, according to their help pages, Ultra and their Mint brand STILL do not support Wfi Calling on recent Samsungs (S8, S9, S10) and goodness knows what other TMobile standard features do not work as well.

I hate to say it but Sprint is way ahead of TMobile in letting its MVNO's have access to Wifi Calling and other features on *some* phones (but admittedly behind it in support for more generic phones).

Here we have Ultra, supposedly the top of the top of TMobile MVNOs, still unable to support a crucial basic feature on the second largest phone brand in the U.S.

For that reason I think no TMobile MVNO's are satisfactory and Sprint MVNO's are better for me here.

Or use Teltik, on which everything works fine, even though it does cost more.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by e.mote View Post
    >https://www.ultramobile.com/flex

Good deal for unlimited talk to Can/Mex (plus 13 other Flex countries), but GV already has free call to Can, so really just Mex.

Also, some price discrepancies. According to the plan configuration (when you click on Activation button), cheapest base rate is $11.50/mo, not $12.50 as stated. Secondly, the 500MB rollover data is optional ($5 extra) and not included. The $11.50+tax is just for unlimited talk/text.
    I didn't study it too closely, but if you take the $50/4 months plan (12.50 per mo) and don't get fancy, do you get the 500mb included? You seem to imply that the $5 extra only applies if you start with the cheaper $11.50/no data option.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by comintel View Post
    Very good tip!

I got really interested for a while.

However, according to their help pages, Ultra and their Mint brand STILL do not support Wfi Calling on recent Samsungs (S8, S9, S10) and goodness knows what other TMobile standard features do not work as well.

I hate to say it but Sprint is way ahead of TMobile in letting its MVNO's have access to Wifi Calling and other features on *some* phones (but admittedly behind it in support for more generic phones).

Here we have Ultra, supposedly the top of the top of TMobile MVNOs, still unable to support a crucial basic feature on the second largest phone brand in the U.S.
    I don't understand. If Talk/text is unlimited, and you claim Tmobile has good service in your area, why do you need wifi calling at all? And can't you use some wifi app instead of native carrier wifi calling if you really want it?

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I don't understand. If Talk/text is unlimited, and you claim Tmobile has good service in your area, why do you need wifi calling at all? And can't you use some wifi app instead of native carrier wifi calling if you really want it?
    TMobile has terrible coverage (barely usable) at my house without Wifi Calling. (Sprint is much better).

With working Wifi calling, they are fine.

Wifi Apps are grossly inferior because they do not support incoming calls.

Also Wifi Calling gives better quality than native voice by far here.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Do phones purchased from Simple Mobile directly like the Moto G6 they have on sale receive updates? I know Simple Mobile is in the America Móvil family that's why I'm asking.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2