Device(s)
    So many.
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint SERO, Framily, Freedompop GSM
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Need a good T-mobile MVNO

Been on Cricket for years, and while AT&T's network used to work fine, there's been a tower outage in our neighborhood for years that doesn't seem to be getting fixed anytime soon.

I tried my friend's T-mobile sim, and it has been fantastic in my neighborhood, so I think its time for me to switch. I'm looking at Mint Mobile, mostly because I like their $15 and $20 options- we are currently on the grandfathered 5 for $100 plan on Cricket, so ideally I don't want to pay more than $20 per line.
    Red pocket seems like a decent deal as well if I buy a year at a time, but I think Mint comes out cheaper in our case. My wife, for example, doesn't need more than 2 GB on average.
    What should I know about comparing these options? Are there other comparable options I should consider?

Thanks!
    Been gone a long time. Hello, HoFo- I'm BACK.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    try metro pcs ??

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Speed talk yearly plans

Carrier(s)
    H2O paygo
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    You can build your own plan with US Mobile. Chat online with them and they'll send you a SIM card for free. Specify the GSM SIM card.
    My smartphone is a lot smarter than I am.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I know a lot of people don't like TracFone brands but have you considered net10 yearly plan at $240, and has been as low as $199 via TracFones eBay store.
    Good thing about net10 is you can switch your underlying carrier sim anytime you want, so if you start having trouble with T-Mobile, you can switch to Verizon or at&t and not lose your number or airtime.
    With net 10/ TMobile you have access to WiFi calling and volte if your phone is capable, plus you know TracFone isn't going anywhere. Net10 at&t is closer to at&t prepaid than even Cricket is.
    Let me know if you have any questions.

Sent from my LGL63BL using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S7 G930U (US Unlocked) Gold
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Six weeks ago we switched from Cricket (5 years grandfathered 5/$100) to Mint Mobile (3 on 8 gb, 2 on 3 gb). My biggest problem w/Cricket was no VoLTE or WiFi Calling on BYOD Android. We have both on Mint. VoLTE has made a big difference in call quality. The faster speeds are noticeable too. Zero complaints.

If you decide to switch to Mint some things to keep in mind.

*Check your coverage map for your area & where you travel along w/the bands on your phone. Someone on HoFo posted this map link which tells what frequencies & bands are being used in each area.

https://maps.t-mobile.com/pcc.html?map=mvno-noroam-34l

Here's a screenshot explaining what bands are used by each frequency.

*Everything seemed to worked seamlessly & automatically except it took about 24 hours for the one of the numbers to port. So don't stress if porting doesn't happen right away.Name:  Screenshot_20190629-111703_Gallery.jpg
Views: 476
Size:  40.6 KB

Sent from my SM-G930U using HoFo mobile app
    Phones used - *Samsung Galaxy S II SGH-T989* *Samsung Galaxy Note II SGH-I317* *Blu Studio 5.0 C HD* *Samsung Galaxy S5 Active SM-G870* *Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900* *Moto X Pure Edition* *Samsung Galaxy Note 4 N910C* *Samsung Galaxy S7 G930U*

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    If you can give any sort of tie at all to a business, Teltik offers full TMobile perks, priorities etc for $20 up. It will be better than any MVNO in my opinion in a number of respects (if not the absolute lowest price).

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by comintel View Post
    If you can give any sort of tie at all to a business, Teltik offers full TMobile perks, priorities etc for $20 up. It will be better than any MVNO in my opinion in a number of respects (if not the absolute lowest price).
    I agree. I've used mint and others, and Teltik is the best. Almost like having TMobile post paid. I also have much less spam calls now than before.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Carrier(s)
    RedPocket, TruPhone, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I see that you get ”unlimited calls to and within Canada at no extra charge". Does anybody know if you get full-speed LTE in Canada and/or at least 128kbps data in the other countries where T-Mo offers international roaming at no extra charge?

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    So many.
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by comintel View Post
    I actually run my own small business. What are the details of this plan and how is it better than an mvno?

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Dishe View Post
    I actually run my own small business. What are the details of this plan and how is it better than an mvno?
    It is just TMobile's regular business plan (with a few added limits like as if you were an employee of Teltik).
    There are about 10 or 15 advantages and it takes me too long to figure them all out and type them in.
    Many are listed at https://bestmvno.com/teltik/teltik-b...e-data-for-30/ and https://bestmvno.com/mvnos/teltik/

But you get T-Mobile's Music Freedom feature, unlimited video streaming that does not count towards your 4G LTE data (not on the lowest level plan), TMobile Tuesdays, DIGITS etc.

To me the important things are having highest network priority, roaming, and access to 100% of phone features (not some restricted features on some phones as with mvno's).
    Last edited by comintel; 06-30-2019 at 02:34 PM.

Device(s)
    So many.
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Ah, I see. That's some good stuff.
    Truth is, we've been on AT&T's somewhat deprioritized Cricket network, and our problem has been mostly with coverage and not with deprioritization. I'd stick with them if they worked in my neighborhood, but they have been struggling to keep signal here for years now (tower went down 4-5 years ago and I kept optimistically hoping they'd fix it).
    Those all sound like good perks, but the bottom line is just that I want service that works in my neighborhood for the best possible price. If Teltik can do that, I'm all in. But so far, it looks like they are a bit more expensive than I'm paying now. MVNOs like Mint look like they'd save me quite a bit of money, even from the $20 per line I currently pay with my grandfathered Cricket plan (my wife barely uses more than 1GB outside of Wifi, so she'd clearly be fine on their $15 offering. I'd probably pick the 8GB $20 option myself). So far it doesn't look like Teltik offers me a better value for the price in my opinion, but I'm still reading up.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Dishe View Post
    Ah, I see. That's some good stuff.
    Truth is, we've been on AT&T's somewhat deprioritized Cricket network, and our problem has been mostly with coverage and not with deprioritization. I'd stick with them if they worked in my neighborhood, but they have been struggling to keep signal here for years now (tower went down 4-5 years ago and I kept optimistically hoping they'd fix it).
    Those all sound like good perks, but the bottom line is just that I want service that works in my neighborhood for the best possible price. If Teltik can do that, I'm all in. But so far, it looks like they are a bit more expensive than I'm paying now. MVNOs like Mint look like they'd save me quite a bit of money (my wife barely uses more than 1GB outside of Wifi, so she'd clearly be fine on their $15 offering. I'd probably pick the 8GB $20 option myself). So far it doesn't look like Teltik offers me a better value for the price in my opinion, but I'm still reading up.
    I tried Mint and Teltik on the same S8 phone and Mint gave poorer connectivity (LTE sometimes versus always on Teltik), less VoLTE, slower speeds and less recognition of phone features.

Sure Mint is "better value" if you do not care about things like that. To me, they are all-important. An mvno will never get the same treatment as a TMobile business plan customer. Basic functionality was fine on Mint though.
    Last edited by comintel; 06-30-2019 at 07:51 PM.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Have you looked at Ultra Mobile? I believe they now offer a paygo plan with unlimited T/T plus 500mb with rollover data for $12.50 per line/mo if you use their new "Flex" plan. They have add-ons and other plan options as well.

Device(s)
    Motorola Z3 Play
    Carrier(s)
    Mint Mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I've been on Mint for about half a year now. I have had a few experiences of depri, which were annoying. Other than that, it has been a really good experience.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast