Thread: No Need to Freak Out About Jony Ive Just Yet

Carrier(s)
    Telus $75/15GB
    Feedback Score

Post No Need to Freak Out About Jony Ive Just Yet

Name:  jony-ive.jpg
Views: 176
Size:  33.8 KB

In this unfortunate era of fake news and clickbaity headlines, I feel obliged to clarify this morning's news about Jony Ive's "departure" from Apple. The news broke yesterday, via an interview with the Financial Times.

Here's the part that all Apple fans need to read:

Sir Jonathan is setting up his own new venture, a creative business called LoveFrom, with Apple as its first client. The transition will begin later this year, with LoveFrom launching fully in 2020.

“While I will not be an [Apple] employee, I will still be very involved — I hope for many, many years to come,” Sir Jonathan told the FT in an exclusive interview. “This just seems like a natural and gentle time to make this change.”
    So yes, while he is technically leaving Apple there may or may not be any substantive change to the design process for future Apple gear. Just something to keep in mind as you read through the various conspiracy theories over the weekend.

Source: Financial Times
    Image source: TechSpot
    My mobile memoirs — free ebook available here.
    My HoFo feedback... is that still a thing?

Feedback Score
    I'm pretty sure he was very influential in the design of many Apple products. I'm also confident they have a large team he was working with, and many of them are probably still with Apple.

Feedback Score

No Need to Freak Out About Jony Ive Just Yet

A new take on design might be good for Apple. Samsung, LG, HTC, Lenovorola , onePlus and all the others all seem to be able to design nice phones. Of course they all copy Johnny Ives designs but I doubt industrial design will die at Apple with his departure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Prepaid, RP
    Feedback Score
    And other reports that over the last few years he has pulled back some from his work. I can understand maybe wanting to do something a little different.
    iPhone X is my current primary phone. I have older model iPhones and Moto phones available on other lines. Currently prepaid, though would consider postpaid on right plan.

Feedback Score

No Need to Freak Out About Jony Ive Just Yet

Quote Originally Posted by kevink1 View Post
    And other reports that over the last few years he has pulled back some from his work. I can understand maybe wanting to do something a little different.
    https://www.fastcompany.com/90371579...pple-years-ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Ive leaving is the best thing for Apple in years. Now it's time to jetsam Cook. Let the innovation begin again at Apple.