Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Just bought an Alcatel MyFlip from PP

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Relztrah View Post
    Yes, I have a BestBuy gift card so I'll purchase one on the BB website. It comes with the Tracfone SIM card. Do I use that SIM card or should I purchase a PP SIM card?
    Either a Tracfone or Total Wireless version will work for you, and Best Buy has both. SIM card is the same.

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    You can use the SIM card that came with it. Just don't tell them that it is another Tracfone branding. You can switch your number over to the new phone by using their site or chat system. If you use the phone, they could mess things up, and I have seen people get a bad phone CSR.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by advcomp2019 View Post
    You can switch your number over to the new phone by using their site or chat system. If you use the phone, they could mess things up, and I have seen people get a bad phone CSR.
    The website can only be used for activation with a new number, or porting in a number from another service. To change an existing PPC account/number to another phone requires using a CSR by phone or chat. I had this question last month. Answer in Post #6.

https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...onthly-account

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    The website can only be used for activation with a new number, or porting in a number from another service. To change an existing PPC account/number to another phone requires using a CSR by phone or chat. I had this question last month. Answer in Post #6.

https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...onthly-account
    Yea, I was just going by what I have seen with other Tracfone brands. Plus I have never had good luck doing this with true Verizon prepaid phones and service, too. Right now, I am trying to figure my grandma's other phone. She wants to keep the prepaid plan, but Verizon says she can't tho.

Carrier(s)
    Tello (this month)
    Feedback Score
    At the recommendation of folks here I purchased the MyFlip on BestBuy.com using my gift card. I'm confident it will work for my purposes and it won't be obsolete whenever VZW completely eliminates 3G. Thanks again.
    My smartphone is a lot smarter than I am.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Relztrah View Post
    For what it's worth, I'm not doing a new activation, I'm doing what used to be called an ESN change from a CSMA dumphone to this MyFlip..
    I believe this is an LTE only phone, and you will get HD Voice as a bonus. Yes, PPC users have always referred to what I know as service transfers and called them an ESN change.

Carrier(s)
    Tello (this month)
    Feedback Score
    Name:  myflip.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  50.3 KB

Here it is. Best twenty bucks I ever spent. The TracFone SIM card that came with it works fine. I did the ESN change via chat on the PagePlus website.

Feedback Score
    I will be getting a couple of my flips to use when 3g shuts off. We currently have Gusto 3 phones on PAYGO plans with hefty balances.

When it's time to activate the My Flips is all that is required is to request an ESN change? Will our balances transfer over in tact? Will we have to add on a 4G PAYGO plan at the time of activation?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RavensRebel View Post
    When it's time to activate the My Flips is all that is required is to request an ESN change? Will our balances transfer over in tact? Will we have to add on a 4G PAYGO plan at the time of activation?
    I recommend doing it through their chat. The chat link will pop up if you go to the activation page on their site.
    Note your balances before that and confirm with the chat agent.
    Make sure your phone is off.
    Just tell them you got a new phone and want to transfer your number and balances to the new phone.
    Write down your old and new ESN/IMEI numbers ahead of time and the SIM numbers of the new phones. You'll need those when you chat. Also your 4 digit PINs for your current accounts (phones).
    The agent will do the rest. When they're done restart your new phone, make a call, and you should be all set.
    Stay on chat till you confirm it's working.
    Save your chat session; copy/paste it to word and/or email it to yourself.

You shouldn't need a 4G PayGo at the time, your balances in your current 3G plan should transfer fine. Mine did.
    In the future use the 4G standard PayGo tab when refilling.

If I missed anything or there's a better way, someone else will mention it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    I recommend doing it through their chat. The chat link will pop up if you go to the activation page on their site.
    Note your balances before that and confirm with the chat agent.
    Make sure your phone is off.
    Just tell them you got a new phone and want to transfer your number and balances to the new phone.
    Write down your old and new ESN/IMEI numbers ahead of time and the SIM numbers of the new phones. You'll need those when you chat. Also your 4 digit PINs for your current accounts (phones).
    The agent will do the rest. When they're done restart your new phone, make a call, and you should be all set.
    Stay on chat till you confirm it's working.
    Save your chat session; copy/paste it to word and/or email it to yourself.

You shouldn't need a 4G PayGo at the time, your balances in your current 3G plan should transfer fine. Mine did.
    In the future use the 4G standard PayGo tab when refilling.

If I missed anything or there's a better way, someone else will mention it.
    Thanks so much. I wasn't sure if anything special had to be done switching from 3G to 4G. Glad to see it remains straightforward.

I'll get the MyFlips at some point and put them in a drawer until 3G time is up (hopefully at the end of 2020). Now I know what to expect when it's time to activate them. I copied what you wrote and will refer to it. Thanks for your help.

Carrier(s)
    VZW - Work / T-Mobile (iPhone)
    Feedback Score
    Just "upgraded" my mother-in-law's phone to the MyFlip. I ordered it from PP a couple of months ago, but we were busy with other stuff. The process went exactly as stated above -- chat asked for Old/New serial numbers. Once they put the new one in, they asked for the SIM.

About 60 seconds later, the agent told me they moved everything over, and to restart the device. I did and without them asking me, made a test call which worked fine. I know PP used to get some grief for off-shore CS, but my experience was perfect -- 100% flawless communication and execution.

FYI, one observation about the phone -- when the phone isn't activated the signal bars cascade (first, then second, then third, etc. bars flash). Once activated, you get the normal solid signal bars.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2