Thread: Transferring minutes only to another phone.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Transferring minutes only to another phone.

I have a Tracfone with 2000 minutes and would like to transfer just the minutes to another active Tracfone phone. Is it easy to do with no issues. I looked through the website and found no info.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, Lumia 640XL
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    1. It can be done, but you need to contact a (competent) TF rep via phone or Chat. I recommend using Chat so you'll have a transcript of what was said and done.

2. Do not use the term "TRANSFER". A transfer means the receiving phone will have its phone number and units wiped out, then replaced with those from the donor phone.

3. Tell the rep your want the units & days on the donor phone COMBINED/MERGED with the receiving phone. State clearly that you want to keep the phone number of the receiving phone. The rep will add the units & days to the receiving phone, then deactivate the donor phone.

4. Is the donor phone active? If it's inactive, you'll be required to reactivate it (with a minimal time card) to reclaims its units before they can be added to the receiving phone.

Device(s)
    Google Pixel 3a and Moto G7 (active) Samsung Galaxy S6 (inactive)
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    1. It can be done, but you need to contact a (competent) TF rep via phone or Chat. I recommend using Chat so you'll have a transcript of what was said and done.

2. Do not use the term "TRANSFER". A transfer means the receiving phone will have its phone number and units wiped out, then replaced with those from the donor phone.

3. Tell the rep your want the units & days on the donor phone COMBINED/MERGED with the receiving phone. State clearly that you want to keep the phone number of the receiving phone. The rep will add the units & days to the receiving phone, then deactivate the donor phone.

4. Is the donor phone active? If it's inactive, you'll be required to reactivate it (with a minimal time card) to reclaims its units before they can be added to the receiving phone.
    I would like to try this, but I'm worried about losing the donor phone number (which I would want to port to Google Voice)

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, Lumia 640XL
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitzer18 View Post
    I would like to try this, but I'm worried about losing the donor phone number (which I would want to port to Google Voice)
    To ensure that you'll keep the donor phone's number, it's best to port it to Google Voice first. The phone will be deactivated and you can reclaim the buckets (I don't know about days) by reactivating it (with a new number) with a minimal time card. Keep good records of its bucket balances before porting it out. Take a screenshot of balances checked with the MyAccount app which shows "As of xx/xx/xx hh:mm".

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Anyone here care to make an offer for 2000 minutes? It is currently on a Alcatel dumb phone with 13 service days left.

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    If you want to sell a plan you have, do it in the Buy/Sell/Trade forum and not in this one.
    Don't make me turn this car around.....