Thread: Need Recommendation - Annual phone plan Unlimited T+T, 2GB Data w International calls

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Question Need Recommendation - Annual phone plan Unlimited T+T, 2GB Data w International calls

Looking for recommendations for any prepaid MVNOs.

Annual plan with Unlimited Talk, Text and 2 GB(or more) with FREE International calling(esp for India/Germany/UK) for < $180/year or $15 per month.

Wifi calling would be a plus but not needed.

Any suggestions?
    Last edited by tampaite; 06-12-2019 at 09:48 PM.

Carrier(s)
    H2O paygo
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Maybe somebody else here can find a plan you're looking for at that price, but I'm not aware of it. Ultra Mobile has a $23/mo plan with 2GB data, UT&T domestic and unlimited calls to 80 countries. Some are to landline numbers only.
    My smartphone is a lot smarter than I am.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Does mint offer international calling?

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Checked the following:

Ultra Mobile - $23 Plan and WiFi calling allowed ( $23 plan has an introductory price of $15 now for 3 months)
    Mint Mobile - $25 Plan International calling FREE only to Mexico/Canada and WiFi not allowed or no clear info in FAQs
    Lyca Mobile - $23 Plan and WiFi not allowed OR no clear info in FAQs( 2GB plan bumped to 4GB if paying 3 months ahead

None of the above matches the price point am looking for.

EDIT:

Speed Talk - Has $160 1-year Plan with Unlimited T+T and 2GB Data but no FREE International calling OR WiFi calling.
    RedPocket Mobile - $19.08/month 1-year Plan with Unlimited T+T and 2GB Data but no FREE International calling OR WiFi calling.

Device(s)
    Doogee S90, Novatel Liberate, SkyRoam, Isatphone Pro, Karma Go
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T,T-Mo,Sprint,KoKo,SkyRoam,InMarSat
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by boherez View Post
    Does mint offer international calling?
    Yes, Canada and Mexico are included at no extra fee. Other countries are very cheap. The 3 mentioned are fixed/mobile Germany 1˘/2˘, India 1˘/1˘, UK 1˘/1.5˘.
    Mint roaming also possible outside US but not totally reliable. Canada works fine for me but Bermuda did not.

Sent from my S90 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Motorola G4 Plus, Samsung Galaxy S8 Active
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Gen Mobile. No annual plan, but sells 3 month plans meeting your specifications for $17/month.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Ever heard of Gen mobile? Unlimited talk + text to USA and 100 other countries(India, Germany, UK included). But you gotta pay $20 a month, but if you purchase the 3-month deal, it's $51 ($17/month)...pretty close to what you're looking for.

Device(s)
    Moto G6 Play
    Carrier(s)
    Red Pocket (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by tampaite View Post

RedPocket Mobile - $19.08/month 1-year Plan with Unlimited T+T and 2GB Data but no FREE International calling OR WiFi calling.
    International calling is free on Red Pocket to the locations listed on their website (some countries are landline only)

https://help.goredpocket.com/hc/en-u...Pocket-Mobile-

Wi-Fi calling only works on the T-Mobile variant.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by tampaite View Post
    Checked the following:

Ultra Mobile - $23 Plan and WiFi calling allowed ( $23 plan has an introductory price of $15 now for 3 months)
    Mint Mobile - $25 Plan International calling FREE only to Mexico/Canada and WiFi not allowed or no clear info in FAQs
    Lyca Mobile - $23 Plan and WiFi not allowed OR no clear info in FAQs( 2GB plan bumped to 4GB if paying 3 months ahead

None of the above matches the price point am looking for.

EDIT:

Speed Talk - Has $160 1-year Plan with Unlimited T+T and 2GB Data but no FREE International calling OR WiFi calling.
    But SpeedTalk doesn't meet your "FREE International calling", does it? I had a post all ready to go last night, but then I saw that they charge for international calls.

By the way, that SpeedTalk $160 annual plan was available for $82 ($6.83/mo) using an additional 15% off Rakuten coupon, or $96 ($8/mo) through eBay or Amazon, when the SpeedTalk plans were on sale for 40% off last month.

I don't know how often SpeedTalk has sales, but I just thought I'd let you know in case you really do want to consider SpeedTalk, and might be able to wait for another sale.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    None of the plans still match the price point although few are closer

Can' wait 30 days for sales since I need to find a provider as our annual contracts renews end of next month if we don't Port out.

Still looking...

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Another option for international talking and messaging is to use a proprietary service. If you can do that, you're free to choose the cheapest US cellular plan that meets your needs without the need to consider international calling.

If the contacts have a computer or smartphone with data available, you can use services like FB Messenger, Skype, WhatsApp, Viber, or WeChat to communicate with them, just to name some of the services that are available.

My wife used Ultra Mobile for over a year, mostly for the international calling features. But then we realized everyone she was calling had access to a computer or smartphone and also had home WiFi and/or cheap cellular data, and with the services I mentioned above, we could even do video chats. So she left Ultra and switched to a cell service provider that more closely met her usage needs, and now uses the above services for communicating internationally.

We started out primarily using Skype, Viber, and FB Messenger. Over time, FB Messenger has become the most used since almost everyone has a Facebook account, Viber is still used some (and actually can call real phone #s if you add credit starting at $4.99, but the last time I checked, the international rates weren't great), and Skype has pretty much fallen by the wayside. I know WhatsApp is very popular, but we've never used it.

I've also had an account with Tel3 since early 2005 that I keep under $10 on that we use if we need to call a real international phone #. Rebtel is also a good alternative to Tel3, and might even have cheaper rates in some cases. These are if you want a backup to be able to call real international phone #s cheaply.

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket, Fi, XM
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I would add that stopped buying a monthly plan from Lycamobile and instead went with a provider which has good coverage where the phone is being used. Started using KeepCalling (related to Tello) for international calls. With their app can make a call even when visiting the foreign country at a cost comparable to using a local SIM.