Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: New York Attorney General and nine other states file lawsuit to block Merger

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    I wish I could attribute such pure motives to the action.
    Yes, that would imply some sort of public service, wouldn't it?

I just want the obstruction to be over, so T-Mobile can get back to improving service.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NotABiot View Post
    Yes, but you can't expect them to be informed about matters they are getting involved in, can you?
    No, I can't. But I can expect them to be informed about legal matters and I was hoping against all hope that one of these AGs would let the rest of us know which legal doctrine they were going to use to compel--to use the full force of the state government to make--Sprint continue to lose money and sell cellular service for less than it costs to distribute?

Device(s)
    Note9
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Google Fi, Mint
    Feedback Score
    I'm not getting my hopes up too much, but this case is looking hopeful for stopping this horrible anti-consumer merger.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenmule View Post
    No, I can't. But I can expect them to be informed about legal matters and I was hoping against all hope that one of these AGs would let the rest of us know which legal doctrine they were going to use to compel--to use the full force of the state government to make--Sprint continue to lose money and sell cellular service for less than it costs to distribute?
    The AGs aren't responsible for Sprint's poor business decisions over the years, and they aren't setting Sprint's prices. That being said, they are responsible for ensuring adequate competition in the market.

Device(s)
    iPhone (Silver) Xs Max 256GB
    Carrier(s)
    (Dual Sim) T-Mobile - Unleash the Data Hounds!!! Xfinity Mobile (Verizon)
    Feedback Score
    This is really and truly the M&A from hell. Like frfr!!!

Sooo happy when it's all over. SMDH!!!

The New T-Mobile
    Hofo Veteran - Magenta Disciple

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SoxFan76 View Post
    I'm not getting my hopes up too much, but this case is looking hopeful for stopping this horrible anti-consumer merger.

The AGs aren't responsible for Sprint's poor business decisions over the years, and they aren't setting Sprint's prices. That being said, they are responsible for ensuring adequate competition in the market.

And by blocking T-Mobile from effectively using and competing with the vast resources Sprint has failed to use (as Sprint has been noncompetitive for years), the AG's are making the market less competitive. But they don't care about that, all they care about is the Sprint workers forced to give money to the the political party that the AG's are acting on behalf of (CWA dues). Under T-Mobile, these workers will all have a choice.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenmule View Post
    It's more like a purely partisan agenda is driving them, and that is what has their minds set. After that, they scramble and look at the laws in place and misinterpret them (or lie if necessary) in order to haphazardly attempt to paint some legal basis for the obstruction.

Feedback Score
    It's more like a purely partisan agenda is driving them, and that is what has their minds set. After that, they scramble and look at the laws in place and misinterpret them (or lie if necessary) in order to haphazardly attempt to paint some legal basis for the obstruction.
    This doesn't surprise me one bit. It would be actually hilarious if they stopped the merger, so sprint can "compete" so we can witness a multi billion dollar corporation fade into bankruptcy.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by L33 View Post
    This doesn't surprise me one bit. It would be actually hilarious if they stopped the merger, so sprint can "compete" so we can witness a multi billion dollar corporation fade into bankruptcy.
    It's all pretty hilarious, especially considering that the current Sprint product is strongly rejected by the vast majority of customers (more and more), that Sprint is really only good in about 10 US states (with no plans to go beyond that other than make "extended roaming" claims which are imaginary), and that once the merger is in place, former Sprint customers will have a much better product (roaming onto TMO).

The "Status quo" of a crippled significantly inferior product from a company doing a bankruptcy pratfall and refusing to take action with its resources is hardly "competitive".

Device(s)
    OnePlus 6T
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by L33 View Post
    Right. Sprint is already an also-ran. I don't know anyone around here (SoCal) on Sprint. If not for the spectrum holdings, they wouldn't exist. The best part of Sprint I've heard of is Shentel in the South East for rural coverage.

If they block it, Sprint goes down and a handcuffed T-Mobile will try and fight to survive among the big 2. And that's a T-Mobile that can't commit to as much CAPEX right now as their future is unclear. i.e., they will fall behind.

The longer this takes, the stronger it makes the big 2.

Feedback Score
    Supposing the merger fails which is still my bet.

I don't understand how people think either SoftBank or Japan will let Sprint go bankrupt. Won't happen.

I think the BS excuse if USA owned would be it's too big to fail.
    In Japan (I could be wrong) I think it's a matter of saving face.
    If my actions include deeds of philanthropy in charity and acts of loving kindness I am living in my Faith.

Red Pocket (AT&T) $192yr UTnT 5GB exp 08.08.19
    Red Pocket (AT&T) $184.50yr UTnT 1GB exp 02.19.20
    T-Mo Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.16.20
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 10.05.19

Device(s)
    iPhone (Silver) Xs Max 256GB
    Carrier(s)
    (Dual Sim) T-Mobile - Unleash the Data Hounds!!! Xfinity Mobile (Verizon)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Falcon_73 View Post
    Which makes one wonder, if strings aren't being pulled somewhere.

The lack of objection on Verizon and AT&T part is very telling if you ask me.

I don't think anyone, but Legere could've seen this through. He's a junk yard dog I tell you.

It's crazy to think this M&A will be going on 2 years old by the time this all nears completion.

SMDH!!!

The New T-Mobile

Feedback Score
    Right. Sprint is already an also-ran. I don't know anyone around here (SoCal) on Sprint. If not for the spectrum holdings, they wouldn't exist. The best part of Sprint I've heard of is Shentel in the South East for rural coverage.

If they block it, Sprint goes down and a handcuffed T-Mobile will try and fight to survive among the big 2. And that's a T-Mobile that can't commit to as much CAPEX right now as their future is unclear. i.e., they will fall behind.

The usual thing when someone says they have Sprint, is that the others laugh in their face.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus 64GB and iPhone 11 PRO Max 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    Supposing the merger fails which is still my bet.

I don't understand how people think either SoftBank or Japan will let Sprint go bankrupt. Won't happen.

I think the BS excuse if USA owned would be it's too big to fail.
    In Japan (I could be wrong) I think it's a matter of saving face.
    Keep dreaming like you have been ever since this merger was first announced. This merger will very likely go through as it has been aprroved by the FCC and most importantly the United Stated Department of Justice.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United...ent_of_Justice

The United States Department of Justice (DOJ), also known as the Justice Department, is a federal executive department of the U.S. government, responsible for the enforcement of the law and administration of justice in the United States, equivalent to the justice or interior ministries of other countries. The department was formed in 1870 during the Ulysses S. Grant administration.

The Department of Justice administers several federal law enforcement agencies including the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF), and the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA). The department is responsible for investigating instances of financial fraud, representing the United States government in legal matters (such as in cases before the Supreme Court), and running the federal prison system.[4][5] The department is also responsible for reviewing the conduct of local law enforcement as directed by the Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act of 1994.[6]

The department is headed by the United States Attorney General, who is nominated by the President and confirmed by the Senate and is a member of the Cabinet. The current Attorney General is William Barr.
    Manners cost nothing, and also have the added benefit of making a man. You know, it is entirely possible to rise above others, without stooping to pushing them under, and putting them down.
    My Sister is a supervisor at T-Mobile's Salem Oregon Call center. Loyal T-Mobile customer of 15 Years.

Device(s)
    Note9
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Google Fi, Mint
    Feedback Score
    And by blocking T-Mobile from effectively using and competing with the vast resources Sprint has failed to use (as Sprint has been noncompetitive for years), the AG's are making the market less competitive. But they don't care about that, all they care about is the Sprint workers forced to give money to the the political party that the AG's are acting on behalf of (CWA dues). Under T-Mobile, these workers will all have a choice.
    Well actually, Sprint is busy deploying 5G with Massive MIMO, and that gives them a less capital intensive manner to deploy 5G than the other carriers. Sprint makes the entire market more competitive, that's basic economics.

Of course politics are always at play, but the core argument is certainly logically sound. How it shakes out legally in terms of how much power an AG has to protect their own constituents remains to be seen.

Sprint's network is a joke in a lot of places, but they have a lot of urban customers within a lot of major metros. They also have a good network in pockets of the Midwest, like parts of Illinois and Iowa.

Sprint will survive. Either someone will buy them, or someone will take them over or whatever, and they will fix up their network. They have good spectrum, and 5G is their opportunity to deploy in a far less capital-intensive manner than the other carriers due to their spectrum position.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus 64GB and iPhone 11 PRO Max 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Your homework assignment for business law 340 on merger/acquisitions has been accepted. I have evaluated your 2 page essay and you make excellent points with many good examples. You define the legal terms well and you use them correctly. I will issue you a grade of 92% A- on this assignment. Good job see you tomorrow in class young man!

Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast