Tello - New lower prices

Examples:
    1GB Unlimited Talk & Text - $10
    2GB Unlimited Talk & Text - $14
    6GB 500 Talk & Unlimited Text - $23

500MB 300 Talk & Unlimited Text - $7
    500MB 100 Talk & Unlimited Text - $6

Unlimited Talk & Text (No data) - $8

All plans with data have unlimited 2G after allotment. Now if they would just add T-Mobile support for a couple dollars more.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Those are some really impressive prices, even if it is using Sprint.

Also:
    "Unlimited 2G data, after you've used your LTE data.
    Plus, calls to Canada, Mexico & China are included."

Not only that, but Tello still has paygo, $10 minimum topup, no expiration with usage, at 3/1/2 rates.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Wow. Sprint is really slashing their rates to MVNO's! This is also why Ting is offering their deals.

I hooked up relatives on Twigby for UTNT at $14. This has it beat, but I'm not sure if it's worth the hassle to switch.

Actually I'm not sure if it will be possible to switch since they have 3G only feature phones - I remember reading that you can't activate those anymore.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Nice prices! Kinda funny how the plan with no data is only $2 cheaper than the 1GB plan.
    As far as the comment about TMobile, I signed up 2 weeks ago when Speedtalk had the 40% off promo and got the Unlimited T&T/2GB for 1 year at $94.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by laidbackguy7 View Post
    Nice prices! Kinda funny how the plan with no data is only $2 cheaper than the 1GB plan.
    As far as the comment about TMobile, I signed up 2 weeks ago when Speedtalk had the 40% off promo and got the Unlimited T&T/2GB for 1 year at $94.
    That Speedtalk 40% off promo was a great deal, except if people didn't want to pay for a year up front.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Tello is really cheap because it is the worst of all worlds:

* Uses the worst network
    * But cannot use phones locked to that network
    * Sprint has the same "the customer is the enemy" attitude as most big corporations like AT&T, Verizon, United Airlines, etc. but without the cell coverage of AT&T or Verizon
    * Despite being required by law to unlock phones, Sprint simply won't do it.
    * Sprint phones will be paperweights if the DOJ says yes, or if they say no.

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by barryspar View Post
    I hooked up relatives on Twigby for UTNT at $14. This has it beat, but I'm not sure if it's worth the hassle to switch.
    Twigby has one advantage over Tello with talk & text roaming on Verizon included. However it remains to be seen if roaming will continue after Verizon shuts down its CDMA network at the end of 2019.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by energyx View Post
    Examples:
    1GB Unlimited Talk & Text - $10
    2GB Unlimited Talk & Text - $14
    6GB 500 Talk & Unlimited Text - $23

500MB 300 Talk & Unlimited Text - $7
    500MB 100 Talk & Unlimited Text - $6

Unlimited Talk & Text (No data) - $8

All plans with data have unlimited 2G after allotment. Now if they would just add T-Mobile support for a couple dollars more.
    The lower data prices make 500MB/1GB cost one cent per megabyte. That's 50% cheaper than Speedtalk for data (even though it's monthly versus pay as you go). Of course this now makes Tello's PAYGo data cost twice as much as its plan data.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I would speculate that a PAYG rate cut shouldn't be too far off.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by A Dude View Post
    Tello is really cheap because it is the worst of all worlds:

* Uses the worst network
    * But cannot use phones locked to that network
    * Sprint has the same "the customer is the enemy" attitude as most big corporations like AT&T, Verizon, United Airlines, etc. but without the cell coverage of AT&T or Verizon
    * Despite being required by law to unlock phones, Sprint simply won't do it.
    * Sprint phones will be paperweights if the DOJ says yes, or if they say no.
    sprint will unlock your phone after 45 days. how long does it take other companies? I'll wait for your reply.
    Also if you complain about locked phones, then be smart and buy an unlocked one so you have freedom to go where you want when you want

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I've had my elderly Rents on Tello for quite a while and it works out perfect for them since they never leave the city. $8.00 per month for UT&T cell service is pretty amazing.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Qt0 View Post
    sprint will unlock your phone after 45 days. how long does it take other companies? I'll wait for your reply.
    Also if you complain about locked phones, then be smart and buy an unlocked one so you have freedom to go where you want when you want
    The device must be or have been active on the Sprint network for a minimum of 50 days
    Actually, none of the four carriers complies with the Obama Unlocking law of 2014. They add all sorts of nonsense conditions - "50 days", "first owner", "must be our customer" and on and on.

Ultimately, locking phones is pointless, it's just an unnecessary obstacle. If there is money owed, the phone can be blacklisted.

Locking phones is an indication that the company competes with the customer, rather than other companies. All the airlines have done likewise. It's the " I have my $800,000 a year salary, f*ck all you losers. " philosophy that has taken over in the 21st Century.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    It's heavily subsidized & free phones problems. If there were none then there'd be no honest reason to lock phones.
    Red Pocket (AT&T) $192yr UTnT 5GB exp 08.08.19
    Red Pocket (AT&T) $184.50yr UTnT 1GB exp 02.19.20
    T-Mo Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.16.20
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 06.03.19

Device(s)
    LG G4, Galaxy S7 Edge, Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, FreedomPop, TracFone
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by A Dude View Post
    Actually, none of the four carriers complies with the Obama Unlocking law of 2014. They add all sorts of nonsense conditions - "50 days", "first owner", "must be our customer" and on and on...
    That's because there is no such thing as the "Obama Unlocking law of 2014". There's only a voluntary agreement between the major carriers and the CTIA (the carrier's own trade association) where they agreed to unlock phones under rules set by the carriers themselves. Details here https://www.fcc.gov/consumers/guides...unlocking-faqs
    Compare prepaid plans from all operators at PrepaidCompare.net.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeswap View Post
    That's because there is no such thing as the "Obama Unlocking law of 2014". There's only a voluntary agreement between the major carriers and the CTIA (the carrier's own trade association) where they agreed to unlock phones under rules set by the carriers themselves. Details here https://www.fcc.gov/consumers/guides...unlocking-faqs
    S.517 - Unlocking Consumer Choice and Wireless Competition Act 113th Congress (2013-2014)

Allows such circumvention (unlocking) to be initiated by the owner of such a device, by another person at the direction of the owner, or by a provider of a commercial mobile radio service or a commercial mobile data service at the direction of such owner or other person, solely in order to enable such owner or a family member of such owner to connect to a wireless telecommunications network, when such connection is authorized by the operator of such network.
    Nothing about 40, 50 or 60 days
    Nothing about "first owner"

All conditions are created by the industry, just to make it more difficult. They actually waive those conditions for servicemen, arbitrarily and there is no reason they cannot waive all conditions forever, and unlock any of their branded phones for the current owner.

But they get no $$$ from doing so, since the person requesting is OBVIOUSLY going to use it with a different carrier, otherwise they would not need to bother.

So contrary to any BS in commercials about "customers" and "uncarrier", none of the carriers are willing to spend 10 seconds to help you for free, even when they cause the problem.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast