Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Thread: New New Wal-Mart Promo? 25GB for $40/mo with Autopay

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Is there an additional discount on top of the $10 autopay discount for setting up a multi-line account? Trying to decide between this plan versus the 8GB $25 AT&T (prepay $300 for the year.) Any thoughts?

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus, iPad (5th Gen)
    Carrier(s)
    310-410, 310-260
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Teletubbie View Post
    Is there an additional discount on top of the $10 autopay discount for setting up a multi-line account? Trying to decide between this plan versus the 8GB $25 AT&T (prepay $300 for the year.) Any thoughts?
    It's the standard pricing for multi-line discounts ($10/each for autopay, and then none for the first line, $10 for second and third, $20 for fourth and fifth): https://www.att.com/att/prepaid-multiline-discount/

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by wwglen View Post
    look like my FCC complaint is bearing fruit.

Got a call from an AT&T rep who added a $50 credit to my account and assures my that the 17GB will be added to my account within 14 days.
    That is good news indeed... thanks for sharing the update. Hopefully more people who had problems will get similar responses. The 14 day window seems odd though.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Based on the reports here, is it true that it is a good idea to port the number after the bonus appears in your account? Do you know if I will be able to port my Straight Talk (AT&T) number or do I have to port it first to a non-AT&T provider and then port back to AT&T?

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Read the earlier posts: don’t port, don’t switch SIMs don’t do anything until the bonus appears. StraightTalk ATT should be ok.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by glowblue View Post
    Glad your patience paid off. The $30 flip phone like an activation fee that many carriers charge - you’d at least have to shell out $10 for a SIM kit, so your only hit for $20 extra.
    A lot more than that, if you include the port out cost. I presume Cricket -> Total Wireless -> AT&T Prepaid wasn't cost-free. Looks like an additional $25 on top of the flip phone. Now that the T-Mobile $3/day plan is gone I don't see how you avoid paying another $20+ on top of the phone.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Few getting-started questions:

1. After I insert the SIM in the Walmart phone and activate the SIM online, can I create a new account online or do I need to contact AT&T first to get a PIN or password?

2. I want to use the prepaid AT&T cards to pay for the monthly fees. How do I deposit those cards in my account so that it can be applied right away?

3. To get the multi-line discount, do I create a new account for a second line and then send the invite from the first account? If so, which account do I deposit my prepaid cards?

4. Does the $10 auto-pay discount kick-in after the first month or right away when you sign in for auto-pay? Same thing for the multi-line discount?

Thanks!

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Teletubbie View Post
    Few getting-started questions:

1. After I insert the SIM in the Walmart phone and activate the SIM online, can I create a new account online or do I need to contact AT&T first to get a PIN or password?

2. I want to use the prepaid AT&T cards to pay for the monthly fees. How do I deposit those cards in my account so that it can be applied right away?

3. To get the multi-line discount, do I create a new account for a second line and then send the invite from the first account? If so, which account do I deposit my prepaid cards?

4. Does the $10 auto-pay discount kick-in after the first month or right away when you sign in for auto-pay? Same thing for the multi-line discount?

Thanks!
    Lots of questions... the answers are in this thread. Keep reading....

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Having issues porting a number from a different market into prepaid account. Wasn't thinking when i started the new prepaid lines. hoping that doesn't influence the bonus data when dealing with prepaid CS to help address the issue

Device(s)
    Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    Air Voice
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I ordered SpeedTalk SIM from Amazon for $9.75 each. It include $5 credit for prepaid. I plan to port current cricket number to SpeedTalk which use T-Mobile. Then port back for the newly ATT Prepaid line while I am waiting the 17GB show up.

Quote Originally Posted by randian View Post
    A lot more than that, if you include the port out cost. I presume Cricket -> Total Wireless -> AT&T Prepaid wasn't cost-free. Looks like an additional $25 on top of the flip phone. Now that the T-Mobile $3/day plan is gone I don't see how you avoid paying another $20+ on top of the phone.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by krusir View Post
    I ordered SpeedTalk SIM from Amazon for $9.75 each. It include $5 credit for prepaid. I plan to port current cricket number to SpeedTalk which use T-Mobile. Then port back for the newly ATT Prepaid line while I am waiting the 17GB show up.
    That should work - don’t port or swap SIMs until the bonus appears.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    My experience on porting a Straight Talk ATT line to this Walmart promotion- it sucked- but heres what I think will help
    I had a Straight Talk Verizon setup- and did the new phone waited till I got the data and ported my service over- mine worked fine- Bought a phone for my wife- did multiline- got a phone number in the area code of where her StraigthTalk ATT phone service was- waiting the 10 days to get the phone activated and got the additional data- I Ported her number over and promptly lost the additional data- had an extended conversation with support on what happened- they provided some addition data that I lost when I did the multi line- thing- but where I screwed up was- not waiting another 10 days for the promotional data to come over to the account when they ported the ST ATT over- they reprogrammed the sim- and basically did a new activation- not knowing this I pulled the Sim out and slapped it in her iPhone- 14 days later no- promotional data- another hour wasted on support and they tried to tell me that since the IMEI does not match a Walmart phone your now disqualified- and I proceeded to mention- the sim is back in the Walmart phone- the Walmart phone is now active please create a ticket to apply the promotional code- (I basically said I was putting the time I was on hold to good use to understand how other people were dealing with this) another 10 minutes of wasted life on hold and they come back and say I'll have to wait 24 to 48 hours for the back end ticket to get worked and to check the website- so my wife gets to use two phones for several days- not going to be happy with me- but in then end I hope the savings and the hot spot will be worth it. *(My phone that I ported in continues to work fine- and I stuffed my sim in my iPhone right after the porting- but they didn't have to redo the sim on my port.)

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Hi all -

I am at the post bonus data stage and wanting to port in a number from ATT postpaid. I understand that I have to 1) port out of ATT first and then 2) port back in.

For 1) I was going to go to Tmobile and do the $3 plan, but didn't realize it was gone. Ultramobile is a far drive and not so safe areas. Is the speedtalk option the best one even if I'm willing to drive to a store?

For 2) I got a temp phone number in a close zip code and same area code, but not exact (this was before I saw the melissa link above). Upthread someone mentioned early woes with porting but should be fixed now. Any recent data points on close but not quite zip code matches for porting back in?

Device(s)
    s8/s8+/Nexus5x
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I really want to like this plan . I have been on VZW prepaid with a similar plan , $50 instead of $40 but practically the same cost because of the discounted prepaid cards for VZW on ebay. I have a 4 days to keep my VZW plan alive or I lose the plan. I thought ATT would be better reception in S. Florida however it seems to suck in my apt vs VZW, ATT sim is in an S10 and VZW is in a pos LG Zone 4 when comparing

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12