Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: New New Wal-Mart Promo? 25GB for $40/mo with Autopay

Carrier(s)
    AT&T Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by ecs0013 View Post
    If you don't mind sharing, what area/market are you in? AT&T seems to have less congestion issues overall, so only a few markets are known to have problems.

I'd also check to see what LTE bands you're on at those times - AT&T has quite a few LTE bands in action and some perform much better than others (2, 4, 5, 12/17, 14, 29, 30, 66) - that's a lot compared with only a few possibilities on other carriers.
    I would not say they have less congestion they are not the worst. Verizon Wireless seems to be the worst carrier for congestion.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Has anyone had any luck getting the 17GB bonus after they were wrongly given the 8gb bonus?

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    So, if you end up getting the 8gb of bonus data instead of 17gb are you out of luck or can you call to get it fixed? I just received the 8gb of bonus data after 3 days. I did everything to satisfy the Walmart promo, including the purchase of a crappy phone that I won't use again once this is resolved. Will it take the full 10 days for the additional data to arrive?

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Does anyone know if the sim card that comes in either the $39.88 Alcatel TETRA or the $29.88 Cingular Flip 2 would be compatible with an unlocked (originally SIM-free, fully paid) model A1661 iPhone 7 plus? I'm currently on Sprint post-paid and I want to keep my current phone. It lacks bands 66 and 71, but it has pretty much all the others I think.

After reading this entire thread, it seems the new WM phone has to be activated with a new number in the same area code as my primary number that I'll eventually be porting in from Sprint? I then have to wait for the 17GB of bonus data to post before porting in, or do I port in before that?

Thanks.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyMind2017 View Post
    Does anyone know if the sim card that comes in either the $39.88 Alcatel TETRA or the $29.88 Cingular Flip 2 would be compatible with an unlocked (originally SIM-free, fully paid) model A1661 iPhone 7 plus? I'm currently on Sprint post-paid and I want to keep my current phone. It lacks bands 66 and 71, but it has pretty much all the others I think.

After reading this entire thread, it seems the new WM phone has to be activated with a new number in the same area code as my primary number that I'll eventually be porting in from Sprint? I then have to wait for the 17GB of bonus data to post before porting in, or do I port in before that?

Thanks.
    The Tetra uses a micro sim and iPhones use a nano sim. I'm in the same boat as I bought a Tetra and it's crap. I'll be using a sim cutter to make it a nano sim once my bonus data is correct. The only downside to the sim cutter is that micro sims are slightly thicker than nano sims. It should still work, though.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Not the answer I was expecting. Phonescoop says it takes a nano sim and they've added a code "4FF," whatever that means. https://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=5808

Is the phone you have in hand with the micro sim the same model shown on the Phonescoop page? If it is, then Phonescoop has bad information.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Oops, I stand corrected!! It is a nano sim. I guess I'll have a sim cutter laying around to collect dust. Sorry about the misinformation.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    No problem, I'm glad we sorted it out. In addition to the size of the sim, I know some modern sims are more advanced than older ones. I don't know if this has any impact on AT&T, but I know on Sprint, there's one sim model number for iPhone 7 and older (released 2016 and earlier) and a more recent sim model number for iPhone 8/X and newer (released 2017 and later). It's probably a Sprint quirk having to do with VoLTE on Sprint only being available on iPhones released in 2017 and later. Sprint has a lot of quirks, LOL (i.e., Sprint sucks). I have no idea how Sprint's VoLTE availability works on non-Apple phones.

I'm curious if anyone can confirm a successful transfer of the AT&T sim card that comes in the WM prepaid Tetra to an iPhone 7, 6s, 6, or SE. I'm not really concerned about 5s, 5, or 5c and older because those phones aren't VoLTE capable according to my understanding and any information about them probably won't be pertinent to my situation.

Also, assuming I can use the sim from the Tetra in my iPhone 7 plus on the 8+17GB plan, should I also expect VoLTE, wifi calling, and visual voicemail to work properly on this plan with my specific phone? I'm running the most recent version of iOS, I think 12.3.1 or whatever the last update was, not jailbroken, everything is legit, above board.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Anyone yet test if 17gb hits the account in a non Wally phone? I think we had to wait till July 10. Correct?

Device(s)
    Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by vartanarsen View Post
    Anyone yet test if 17gb hits the account in a non Wally phone? I think we had to wait till July 10. Correct?
    My account just re-upped today. They say the bonus data should renew within two days so I should know soon.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueScreenOfTOM View Post
    My account just re-upped today. They say the bonus data should renew within two days so I should know soon.
    Mine won't renew for a while, but on my accounts there's a 5 - 7 day lag between account renewal and bonus data expiration / renewal. Let us know if you get your renewal. It should...otherwise there's gonna be trouble, lol.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by sprintleaver View Post
    Mine won't renew for a while, but on my accounts there's a 5 - 7 day lag between account renewal and bonus data expiration / renewal. Let us know if you get your renewal. It should...otherwise there's gonna be trouble, lol.
    Not only did the bonus data renew, but it appears to have rolled over. OLAM shows "27.2 of 27.2 GB remaining" under promotional data and "16GB of 16GB remaining" of plan data. So I appear to have a **** ton of data to burn through....

Device(s)
    GN9 & LG V40
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, TMobile, ATT
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    My plan renewed last night. I stlil got the bonus data, it says it expires Aug 2, it took them about 20 days to apply the bonus. I activated account 6/11, got 8gb bonus 6/8 and finally switched to 17gb bonus on 7/2. I think maybe the bonus data has 30 days till it expires but not sure when I may get next bonus but at least it still shows I'm getting 25GB.

FWIW,:
    • I activated new number/account with Nokia 3A from Wally
    • I porting 1 hour later to move my number
    • Changed to different phone same day
    • After a couple calls to CS 6/13 I switched back to Nokia device
    • Several calls and 14 days later they had escalated issue but told me no dice
    • I returned device to Walmart on 6/25 thinking no promo
    • On July 2nd I get the promo added and a message from @attcares Twitter account
    • After renewal it appears data may hold.
    • I would have gladly kept phone if I thought I was getting the promo but did not, so I don't no if I may lose the promo down the road when that IMEI shows back up on returned devices

My speeds are much better after I finally disabled the stream saver lol

Attached Images Attached Images  

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Has anyone tried to use the same phone for multiple accounts?

I know you could use the same Mobley IMEI number to activate multiple Mobley plans.

I know you can use the same Tablet IMEI number to activate multiple $35 unlimited tablet plan.

So I was wondering if the Walmart phone check is based on the IMEI number and would you be able to activate multiple accounts with different sim cards using the Walmart IMEI and still get the bonus data.

After getting the bonus data, then combine the accounts for the multi-line discount.

Thanks

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus, iPad (5th Gen)
    Carrier(s)
    310-150, 310-260
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Well, I'm giving it a try...some bits of data:

- I bought Cingular Flip 2 from Walmart (nostalgia + cheap = obvious choice).
    - My real phone number is not from the city/area code I live in, so I entered the zip code for that town instead (with the intent of porting my number in later - this is the one time I'm thrilled that my hometown is rather small and I didn't run the chance of getting a different area code that could complicate things).
    - I activated on the $50/month plan.
    - I ran into some issues trying to apply the payment (two different credit cards failed, but I was able to do one over the phone's automated menu).
    - Everything is active and we'll see if the bonus data appears.
    - Once the bonus data appears, I'll try porting my number over from Cricket.
    - I'll move my SIM from to my iPhone then, too.
    - If that works, I'll enable autopay for the $10 discount and pick up a few refills if someone has them on sale.

Fingers-crossed!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast