Device(s)
    Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Cool New New Wal-Mart Promo? 25GB for $40/mo with Autopay

Just thought I'd bring this thread on Slickdeals to everyone's attention. Details are still lacking, but the photo of the promo materials looks legit, although low enough resolution that you can't read any of the fine print. I stopped by my local Wal-Mart today and saw no mention of this, nor can I find any mention of it online, but this seems like a pretty good deal even if you do have to buy a phone to get it, if it's actually real. My guess is that someone put the promo materials out a bit too early, but it's hard to say.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueScreenOfTOM View Post
    Just thought I'd bring this thread on Slickdeals to everyone's attention. Details are still lacking, but the photo of the promo materials looks legit, although low enough resolution that you can't read any of the fine print. I stopped by my local Wal-Mart today and saw no mention of this, nor can I find any mention of it online, but this seems like a pretty good deal even if you do have to buy a phone to get it, if it's actually real. My guess is that someone put the promo materials out a bit too early, but it's hard to say.
    Looks like Walmart Family Mobile. Tracphone MVNO using T-MOBILE.

Sent from my SHT-W09 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandelstamm1 View Post
    Looks like Walmart Family Mobile. Tracphone MVNO using T-MOBILE.

Sent from my SHT-W09 using HoFo mobile app
    It is an Att prepaid promo. I can read some the print it mentions when you buy an att prepaid phone. Interesting promo plan tho

Device(s)
    Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Yep, definitely AT&T, you can zoom in and see that. It also mentions to att.com/prepaidwalmart, which exists but still refers to an old 3-unlimited-lines-for-$100 promo, which further leads me to believe that this display was put out too early.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus, iPad (5th Gen)
    Carrier(s)
    310-150, 310-260
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Yep, definitely AT&T, you can zoom in and see that. It also mentions to att.com/prepaidwalmart, which exists but still refers to an old 3-unlimited-lines-for-$100 promo, which further leads me to believe that this display was put out too early.
    So if and when this rolls out, does that mean this will be the "Walmart Plan" around here (much like the old 5GB data/100 min/unlimited text prepaid plan from T-Mobile)? ;-)

Jokes aside, this could be a really compelling option to make the jump from unlimited on Cricket to this on AT&T Prepaid.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    The photo in the Slickdeals thread (use the link in the OP's post) features the corporate colors of Walmart Family Mobile, not AT&T Prepaid. To see examples of each company's corporate colors, search these strings at Google Images:

Walmart Family Mobile

AT&T Prepaid

Device(s)
    Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    As blurry as it is, you can zoom in and see that it says "when you buy an AT&T PREPAID phone at WalMart and activate a new line of service on the $50/mo plan". Regardless of the colors, it clearly says AT&T Prepaid.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Saw this on the WalMart site, but can't seem to find any further details.

Name:  walmart.jpg
Views: 1646
Size:  39.6 KB

Name:  walmart2.png
Views: 1587
Size:  31.0 KB

Update: The Walmart ATT Prepaid page .../cp/98888697 now shows a few details, but the link to the ATT site still doesn't show anything on their site.
    Last edited by bl01; 06-10-2019 at 03:14 PM.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    This page on the Walmart website contains at least one advertisement for the promotion that the OP described:

https://www.walmart.com/cp/att-wireless-prepaid/9888697

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    310-150, 310-260
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Looks like it's live here: https://www.att.com/prepaid/walmart-offer.html

Now, the only question is if I can get some cheapie phone and move the SIM over to my regular phone or do I have to wait the 10 days for the bonus data to show up on the account?

Based on prior AT&T Prepaid promos like this, could one activate this with a new number, get the bonus data and then port in another number over it?

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

New New Wal-Mart Promo? 25GB for $40/mo with Autopay

I’m so confused, I just switched a 5 multi line group from cricket to att to get the 16 gb....now it’s 25??.

Sent from my iPad using HoFo

Device(s)
    Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by vartanarsen View Post
    I’m so confused, I just switched a 5 multi line group from cricket to att to get the 16 gb....now it’s 25??.
    It looks that way, yes. Although one down side to this is you have to purchase a phone from Walmart to get the deal. If you do BYOP it won't work. Of course you can probably just pull the SIM from the phone you purchase and put it in whatever else you want (this is what I plan to do) but regardless, you're likely paying at least $40 per line to buy into this plan...

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    And most likely this plan doesn’t mix well with the 5 multi line I’m assuming

Sent from my iPad using HoFo

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    310-150, 310-260
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    It looks that way, yes. Although one down side to this is you have to purchase a phone from Walmart to get the deal. If you do BYOP it won't work. Of course you can probably just pull the SIM from the phone you purchase and put it in whatever else you want (this is what I plan to do) but regardless, you're likely paying at least $40 per line to buy into this plan...
    You'll have to let us know if SIM-swapping early on allows you to keep the promo. I wondered if there was some sort of IMEI validation for a certain window to get the promo data.

Random other thought...I wonder if a SIM kit from Walmart counts as a "phone"...
    Last edited by ecs0013; 06-10-2019 at 07:56 PM.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by ecs0013 View Post
    Random other thought...I wonder if a SIM kit from Walmart counts as a "phone"...
    That should be a cheap test

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast