Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: New New Wal-Mart Promo? 25GB for $40/mo with Autopay

Device(s)
    iPhone X 256GB, iPad Pro 11" 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, Unreal Mobile, Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by tsc View Post
    ... but where I screwed up was- not waiting another 10 days for the promotional data to come over to the account when they ported the ST ATT over- they reprogrammed the sim- and basically did a new activation- not knowing this I pulled the Sim out and slapped it in her iPhone- 14 days later no- promotional data- ...
    I wonder if that was a clueless rep or standard procedure? Doing a number port shouldn't require a new activation. Others have reported waiting for promo data to appear then porting in their numbers after the fact. I believe most would switch the SIM to their desired device before starting the port process given that's what we've all been told that the promo data should be permanent once they've run their line sweep to determine the correct device is attached and activated within the promo period. Hmmm...

--Kidd
    Hear me on Twitter: @alexkidd1 / Fun connection:

Device(s)
    iPhone X 256GB, iPad Pro 11" 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, Unreal Mobile, Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by jmsilver99 View Post
    I really want to like this plan . I have been on VZW prepaid with a similar plan , $50 instead of $40 but practically the same cost because of the discounted prepaid cards for VZW on ebay. I have a 4 days to keep my VZW plan alive or I lose the plan. I thought ATT would be better reception in S. Florida however it seems to suck in my apt vs VZW, ATT sim is in an S10 and VZW is in a pos LG Zone 4 when comparing
    Sounds like you'd be better served by the VZW plan. I'd personally not keep less reception on account of saving $10 a month and as you point out you can keep getting the discounted VZW cards so you just learned a little something about coverage on AT&T you can share with family and friends.

--Kidd

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I want to use my prepaid cards. While activating a new line, it says if I use prepaid card, then the auto-pay will be turned off which means no discount.

Will this work?

1. During activation, pay the full $50 using prepaid card.
    2. After activation and setting up the online account, enter your credit card and sign up for auto-pay. Will this step issue me a credit of $10 for the first month?
    3. Leave the credit card on file for auto-pay for the $10 discount but fund the account with prepaid cards.

Device(s)
    XiaoMi Mi 9
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I am in the period waiting for 17GB show up. Will I get SMS from system to the phone?

I can't wait and actively check web portal. It is 4th day. Possible to show up if I am the lucky one. Went though a lot of posts, looks get it at 4th day is the earliest, some folks wait for 10days as AD mentioned. I have only $5 to burn in speedtalk SIM, hope I got it before I need to refill.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Can you carry both phones and connect the speedtalk phone to the Walmart phone's hotspot? That should give you plenty of data that will look no different than wifi data to the speedtalk phone. That should help your $5 balance last longer, especially if you only make outgoing calls from the Walmart phone.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    @teletubbie... During Activation, I picked autopay, so I paid $40 +tax one time. After activation, I loaded my prepaid card for future months, so I will end up paying only $40 every month and no tax. I left credit card on file, just in case for situations when prepaid expired or something like that..

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by krusir View Post
    Port from cricket to SpeedTalk Wireless is a piece of cake. I don't know is any store carry SpeedTalk SIM, I got it from Amazon and the shipping speed it much faster then ATT give me 17GB bonus. So I port my number to SpeedTalk already, hope ATT give my 17GB before I burn out $5 credit in the account. Otherwise, I have to refill it while waiting for 17GB.

When you activate SpeedTalk online. They don't have place to set PIN for this newly account. However, I got emails confirm the porting like 5 mins after. Verify it works, then go to SpeedTalk web, find "Contact" page, and FAQ has the place to send request for PIN and Account# for port-out. Got response within 5 mins also for the info.

Basically I am done with the "preparation", just need to wait for 17GB show up. I have another 3 lines to do the same. Since I know port from Cricket to SpeedTalk is piece of cake, I will do it at the same day when I have 17GB show up in the other 3 new lines.
    I did postpaid AT&T -> speedtalk -> prepaid AT&T today. Other than a complication on my end (forgot phone was ATT network locked) it's all doable within 15-30 minutes. Speedtalk will instantly text (or about 1 hour delay e-mail if you ask) send account info. Don't call, I wasted an hour and didn't get anyone on the line.

Prepaid autopay gets turned off after port, so make sure to redo it. 17gb data stuck when logging in using ported phone number woot!

Device(s)
    s8/s8+/Nexus5x
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I am in the period waiting for 17GB show up. Will I get SMS from system to the phone?

I can't wait and actively check web portal. It is 4th day. Possible to show up if I am the lucky one. Went though a lot of posts, looks get it at 4th day is the earliest, some folks wait for 10days as AD mentioned. I have only $5 to burn in speedtalk SIM, hope I got it before I need to refill.
    I went away on day 3 and could not check portal because I did not remember phone number to login with. Came back on like day 5/6 and data was there

Device(s)
    XiaoMi Mi 9
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Good idea. I am not sure the Alcatel cheap phone will do tethering or not. Anyway, I am in wifi most of time. Only burned $0.37 after 3 days.
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyMind2017 View Post
    Can you carry both phones and connect the speedtalk phone to the Walmart phone's hotspot? That should give you plenty of data that will look no different than wifi data to the speedtalk phone. That should help your $5 balance last longer, especially if you only make outgoing calls from the Walmart phone.
    Sent from my MI 9 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Moto Z2 Force, X4, G7 Power, G6, G5s+, G4+, E5+, E5, E4..
    Carrier(s)
    metro by T-Mobile, TracFone on Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile, Tello and FreeUp.
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Good idea. I am not sure the Alcatel cheap phone will do tethering or not. Anyway, I am in wifi most of time. Only burned $0.37 after 3 days.

The Alcatel does not have a hotspot. But can connect to WiFi.

Device(s)
    XiaoMi Mi 9
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    3 out of 4 newly prepaid numbers get 17GB after 5 days. ( 8/19 to 8/23 ) I port three numbers to speedtalk then port back to ATT successfully. I don't know why ATT does not want make this online. At least let us fill all porting info online, more accurate and save time.

Don't know why one of the lines does not get 17GB yet. Keep waiting, hopefully I don't need to wait for 10 days then calling ATT asking for it.

Device(s)
    iPhone XR,iPhone 8
    Carrier(s)
    ATT,Verizon,Sprint
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I signed up for this (bought a phone at walmart and activated the $50 plan w/autopay) on 8/21, so we're going on the 4th day here and nothing has shown up yet as far as the bonus data. I'm just curious was I supposed to see anything anywhere indicating the bonus data on the signup or does att just know the walmart phones imei and do a sweep or something that adds the bonus data every 5-10 days or so to new accounts? Just looking for clarification to make sure I'm not missing anything, because I didnt see it stated anywhere upon signup.

Device(s)
    XiaoMi Mi 9
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Really don't know is the SIM or IMEI were checked to give 17GB data. I have 4 lines, I did exact the same for activation. 3 of then got 17GB. One still stuck at 8GB.

BTW, you will see two data bars when att prepaid page data usage. If you only see one 8GB bar, keep waiting until 10th day.
    Quote Originally Posted by toddc79 View Post
    I signed up for this (bought a phone at walmart and activated the $50 plan w/autopay) on 8/21, so we're going on the 4th day here and nothing has shown up yet as far as the bonus data. I'm just curious was I supposed to see anything anywhere indicating the bonus data on the signup or does att just know the walmart phones imei and do a sweep or something that adds the bonus data every 5-10 days or so to new accounts? Just looking for clarification to make sure I'm not missing anything, because I didnt see it stated anywhere upon signup.

Device(s)
    s8/s8+/Nexus5x
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Have $50 ATT refill card, will Target take it back for refund?

I was thinking selling it on ebay but I am cautious about the scams. A lot of sellers now add directly to prepaid number (or claim to) though I am not sure if anyone can do this or if you have to be dealer.
    Last edited by jmsilver99; 08-25-2019 at 11:25 AM.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by jmsilver99 View Post
    Have $50 ATT refill card, will Target take it back for refund?

I was thinking selling it on ebay but I am cautious about the scams. A lot of sellers now add directly to prepaid number (or claim to) though I am not sure if anyone can do this or if you have to be dealer.
    I'm in the same boat with a $50.00 Cricket card. Not crazy about Ebay these days but I might throw it on there for $40.00. I think you can just email them the card number after they hit your Paypal.

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast